HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

One Museum Place in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Atlanta Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 7:45 PM

MarketsWork - he just doesn't get your clear evaluation of the website void of rantings and ravings....you're wasting your time.

I understand you and agree with your rationale as I usually do on here. This is the initial site just to get the page on the net as well so people have something to reference as the building begins to make headlines.

Another thought, I personally think the Mansions Website is cheesy and overblown. The initial incarnation was very bad and over time has only marginally improved. 1010 just updated their site last week. Before it had nothing of substance and honestly is still on an ego trip I feel.

Thank you.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maledictis View Post
Awww sorry to bash your work on the http://www.ompatlanta.com site. Didn't realize you had created it yourself, MarketWorks.

Gosh I guess none of us poor, dumb, art-hating philistines "get it," huh? You're so smart, Blanche. Thanks for creating such an informative and lovely piece of... HTML.
ok, so it's a little on the lean side right now. it's not that bad. it has a very clean look and feel, and i actually prefer it over those gaudy flash sites (see aqua midtown for an example) that bog down my slightly older laptop. it's refreshing to visit a condo site without the requisite trendy downtempo bgm.

normally i would welcome a new member.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Ahh.. I see I hit a nerve. Well of course you don't think the Web site is bad at all. No surprise there.

Well like they say down here in the south, never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it annoys the pig. Guess it's true, eh Porky?

Girls, girls! You're both pretty.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 8:24 PM

Oh, to be 14 again!

Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 8:59 PM
Urban Explorer

This is why this forum has moderators.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 9:26 PM

I was going to join the bitch-fest, but I realized this building doesn't meet my minimum 30+ stories quota for getting pissed off.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenapolis View Post
That building loks pretty bland for that price tag. Must be spent on the inside details.

I agree it is too simple, and un-Atlanta.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere 2020 View Post

I think it works ok with the museum and the people it is probably trying to attract. Honestly, the whole area could use about a dozen new non-blue-glass buildings showing up soon. Including a couple of tall non-blue ones.

But I did love the tall blue Mandarin curvy concept that apparently isn't gonna happen as shown. Sucks if not. That was a sweet area defining building.

Anywho, back on topic...I feel comfortable that this project will look good in context.

Last edited by Muskavon; Sep 21, 2007 at 9:44 PM. Reason: typical bad spelling

Old Posted Sep 22, 2007, 8:18 PM

Old Posted Sep 22, 2007, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Whatever happened to this one:

Bait and switch, most likely. This design is a lot nicer and its scale fits the site much better, but it's too tempting to build more units when you're getting $2M+ per.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 8:10 PM

Going Nowhere FAST!

I just heard, after they already slaughtered the trees, that the funding for this gluttonous project fell through.

Guess no one understood that "understandable" pricing!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 8:18 PM

After speaking to one of OMP's sales managers yesterday, I discovered the following regarding the project:
1.Construction is being delayed untill April 2008 due to market conditions.
2.The project is slated to be completed in August of 2010.
3.The model is a masterterpiece ;the color is a gray that will match the pavers in front of the High and the cloister or park behind the building will be a study in urban tranquility.

There is more but I encourage those who able to see and hear for themselves.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 12:52 AM

Thanks, micropundit. Sounds like a project worth waiting for.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 1:24 AM
Headquarter: Montreal

325 million for such a simple,small tower is a total rip-off. I know several condo projects starting at around 500k with similar or even higher quality architecture and equivalent services. I don't what kind of fat money spoiled looser is gonna waste 2 million on this but he didn't look far!!

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 1:35 AM

this tower looks like one museum in miami

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Bait and switch, most likely. This design is a lot nicer and its scale fits the site much better, but it's too tempting to build more units when you're getting $2M+ per.
Its whats called a preliminary rendering. It was only used for the competition held to select the architect for the project. Noone was ever under the impression that this is what was being built.

Also this tower is modernist architecture. People calling it "bland" etc should look into it if you have a chance.

The $325 milllion price includes a 15,000 SF art gallery that will be sold to the High Museum for $1 after 10 years. Weiland is a serious art collector.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 8:41 PM

I hate it that the project was put on hold as I was really looking forward to it!

Not to get off topic, but one building that I am interesting in but haven't looked into yet is the building up the street (north), right at the intersection of Peachtree and West Peachtree, where there are people painted onto the building. I think that is awesome but have no idea what the building is. (I only bring it up because smArTaLlone brought up modernist architecture and while I know that building isn't modernist architecture, it is certainly something new a different and goes with the idea.)

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 4:15 AM
Atlanta Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjc View Post
I hate it that the project was put on hold as I was really looking forward to it!

Not to get off topic, but one building that I am interesting in but haven't looked into yet is the building up the street (north), right at the intersection of Peachtree and West Peachtree, where there are people painted onto the building. I think that is awesome but have no idea what the building is. (I only bring it up because smArTaLlone brought up modernist architecture and while I know that building isn't modernist architecture, it is certainly something new a different and goes with the idea.)
I believe the building you are referring to is called silhouette. Not a very inventive name... it kinda just states the obvious. but oh well I hope that helps.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 7:21 PM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere 2020 View Post
What exactly defines "Atlanta?" I feel like this city has a huge variation in architectural styles, so pinning one thing as distinctly "Atlanta" or "un-Atlanta" seems a bit strange.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 6:02 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Its whats called a preliminary rendering. It was only used for the competition held to select the architect for the project. Noone was ever under the impression that this is what was being built.

Thank you for paraphrasing my comment. You demonstrate a mastery of the phrase "bait and switch." They proposed one thing to win the competition (i.e. the bait) and then once they were the ones selected, they changed it (i.e. the switch).

Why wouldn't they use the real rendering for the competition? The one that's up on the OMP site now? Could it be because they knew the "preliminary" design, as you call it, was superior to the one they submitted? That they wouldn't have won if they had been honest? Hmm?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive