HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Area Photos & Videos

Old Posted Jun 28, 2009, 8:40 AM
Sarcstic Caper in Exile

Edworthy Park

Last thread for the night. The first ones are with my P&S from last weekend, and the rest are with my DSLR from after today's walkabout. Again, click the panos for full size.

P&S

The wouldn't stay still.

I gots me an idea...

...the results of said idea.

Ravine

P&S Panos

DSLR

Anybody know what that pile of dirt might be for? Looks like the beginnings of an excavation possibly.

A bit out of focus...my eyes started watering.

Gotcha!

Must be nice...

Montgomery condos...haven't moved since the fall.

DSLR Panos

Old Posted Jun 28, 2009, 8:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smevo View Post
Anybody know what that pile of dirt might be for? Looks like the beginnings of an excavation possibly.
That would be the 'place all dirt excavated anywhere on campus here' pile, its right on the NW corner of the University lands. It and the grass covered pile beside it consist of dirt from the Childrens Hospital, Child Development Centre, Taylor Family Library and EEEL project so far. They'll occasionally truck some dirt out of there as well, sometimes for backfilling around projects on campus, though I do suspect they are selling some it to other projects around the city as well.

Live or work in the Beltline? Check out the Official Beltline web site here

Old Posted Jun 28, 2009, 4:58 PM
not a NIMBY

Nice set. Great vistas from Edworthy. It looks like you're having fun with your new toy.
I wonder what is up with that project in Montgomery. If the developer went bankrupt you would think the creditors would want to finish the project since it is so far along. Maybe exposure to the elements has ruined it and it will be torn down?

Old Posted Jul 1, 2009, 1:04 AM
Sarcstic Caper in Exile

I'm not sure what happened with that project, I just drive by it every time I go to a jobsite west of the city and haven't seen it move since late November I think. It looked like pretty decent infill for the area from what I saw of it.

Thanks for the comments. And yes, I'm loving the new toy, I can't wait to take it home with me in a couple weeks.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2009, 5:13 PM

Nice shots Smevo!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2009, 5:53 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
I drive past those Montgomery condos every few weeks. Nothing appreciable has happened there in ages and I have been wondering what the status of the project was. However the past few times I have gone by in the morning there have a been a few construction guys on site. Just hanging out as it is still early in the morning, but they were there. I have no idea what they are doing though.

Albert Einstein

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Area Photos & Videos