HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 14, 2014, 11:39 PM
Proud Homer!

While it is very unlikely the whole block will be demo'd for the new tower, which is guesstimated to be around 30-stories, I still hope the NIMBY's come out in protest of this building's location - and I am usually anti-NIMBY.

Apex Oil, too, will be demo'ing some low-rises for its new tower. Clayton is slowly losing a lot of its 50's character and charm.

Some of those earlier demo'd buildings had to go, but hopefully most or all of these on Central Avenue will stay. There are a number of parking lots where this building could go and lesser architecturally-valued buildings that could be demo'd for the project.

The caveat here is that the development company, which is proposing the tower, owns several of the low-rise buildings along Central Avenue.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2014, 11:56 PM
Proud Homer!

On a different note, Clayton's old boutique Daniele Hotel has been saved and is currently under renovation with an additional floor being added.

Daniele Hotel in Clayton set to be renovated

A new indoor pool, new restaurant and bar plus an additional floor are coming to the Daniele Hotel, which Equis Hospitality Management says it has bought for $2.5 million.

Equis says the downtown Clayton hotel will operate as a Hampton Inn & Suites when it reopens in early 2014.

The Daniele, at 216 North Meramec Avenue, closed in 2007 as part of a renovation plan by Conrad Properties. That plan fizzled but was similar to what Equis says it will undertake now.

Chief among the $13.5 million in changes is the addition of a fifth floor, which will expand the hotel to 106 rooms, including 25 suites. Construction will begin in March, says Equis, adding that the renovated hotel will support at least 30 jobs.

Read More

Old Posted Jan 15, 2014, 12:10 AM
Proud Homer!

Here's progress on the Central/Mid County 9-story Drury Inn & Suites hotel. The hotel is located about two blocks south of the St. Louis Galleria mall and about 2-miles from downtown Clayton. The outparcel lot will be a Bonefish Grill.

The new 210-room Drury Inn & Suites hotel will feature a unique, contemporary exterior design. Meeting planners for businesses and organizations will appreciate the hotel’s 5,000 plus square feet of flexible meeting space for their next event, equipped to accommodate a variety of groups and events.

An underground parking garage is also planned, located below the front parking lot with access from the side and rear of the building. Streetscape from the hotel to a nearby shopping plaza has been added.

Photo credit: Pasa47/flickr

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 3:41 PM
Proud Homer!

Another design change for the Lindell Condominiums in the Central West End. This is like the fifth or sixth design change for this high-profile corner (Lindell Blvd. @ North Euclid).

This one has more brick and glass than the last design.

More headaches for the developer because of NIMBYS and committee(s) that still aren't satisfied with the project because of parking, base design (as they prefer cast stone), retailers etc. Over the years complaints have ranged from, "too tall casting shadows" to "not enough parking" to "too much parking" and "too much glass". NIMBYS in this part of the CWE are relentless as their part of the neighborhood is deemed a historic district.

Opus says rent ranges from $1300 up to $5000 per unit for the 217-unit U-shape building.

Photos: Twitter

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 3:52 PM
Proud Homer!

Lindell Condominiums - North Facade (Posted by imran @ urbanstl.com)

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 4:02 PM
arf

It's an impotant intersection in the neighbourhood and I think the design should be better than it is. It's just aesthetically dull. Although the library and the bank beside aren't spectacular either. I'm trying to remember all of the designs and to me, one of the taller original ones was way better than this has become. It's a fair distance from the instection of Maryland and Euclid which is key to the neighbourhood. A little shade from the heat on that corner might not be bad in my opinion.

They are going to nimby themselves into a really crappy design if they aren't careful.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 8:06 PM
Proud Homer!

^Opus' Lindell Condominiums have been eight years in the making. This is NIMBY "drama".

Last edited by Arch City; Jan 16, 2014 at 8:20 PM.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 8:13 PM

There is a Drury Inn in Denver along I-70 that looks like a carbon copy of the one going up in suburban St Louis. They are almost in identical stages of construction as well. Not a bad design for a suburban hotel.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2014, 8:08 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

I really do think they have a point about the base of the project, though. The current proposed design of the base simply doesn't cut it. If they narrow their critique to one or two things, they might get something they want, but they can't be all over the place and hope to win anything.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2014, 8:33 PM
Proud Homer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
I really do think they have a point about the base of the project, though. The current proposed design of the base simply doesn't cut it. If they narrow their critique to one or two things, they might get something they want, but they can't be all over the place and hope to win anything.
I think they are getting closer. But with these bureaucratic bunglers who knows. Too many people and groups have their hands in this never-ending train-wreck.

At this rate, I am expecting at least one or two more depiction renderings then the final rendering.

The corner will be developed someday because there is too much development happening in the general area - Whole Foods, IKEA, medical center/CORTEX expansion etc.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2014, 8:39 PM
Proud Homer!

LaClede Lofts in the Central Corridor/Midtown is a $10 million redevelopment project just west of Saint Louis University.

The project involves converting the old Pfeiffer Pharmaceutical Co. building into 50 luxury loft apartments. The development received approval for $2.2 million in Missouri Historic Preservation Tax Credits as well as $1.8 million in federal tax credits.

There will be 21 one-bedroom, 25 two-bedroom and four three-bedroom apartments, along with 19 indoor parking spaces and 47 spaces in a outdoor lot separated from the building by a garden space.

Read More

Old Posted Jan 17, 2014, 9:04 PM
Proud Homer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
There is a Drury Inn in Denver along I-70 that looks like a carbon copy of the one going up in suburban St Louis. They are almost in identical stages of construction as well. Not a bad design for a suburban hotel.
Yeah, for Drury it seems to be the new standard design for their new "Inn & Suites" hotels. Both new locations are their mid-priced hotels. While all of their hotels are nice, their "Plazas" are much nicer.

Here's a press release and rendering for Denver's. Unless they changed the height for Denver, the one in St. Louis is a wee bit taller, but nothing especially spectacular. A good addition, nonetheless.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2014, 9:25 PM
Proud Homer!

Progress aerial of Washington University's Loop Lofts project from 01/07/14.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2014, 9:33 PM
Show me the blueprints

Looking good.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 21, 2014, 12:12 AM

Progress on Ballpark Village- nearly completed.
CREDIT- ME- FLICKR- TEBAAC 2014

Lets hope these pics turn out. If not, go to flickr and search TEBAAC 2014

Last edited by chriss752; Jan 21, 2014 at 3:25 AM.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss752 View Post
Progress on Ballpark Village- nearly completed.
CREDIT- ME- FLICKR- TEBAAC 2014

Lets hope these pics turn out. If not, go to flickr and search TEBAAC 2014
Here I'll post them for ya.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 1:00 AM

Thank you. These are the pics. Lot of progress huh.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2014, 8:41 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch City View Post
Progress aerial of Washington University's Loop Lofts project from 01/07/14.

wow this looks great! looking more like an aerial from an east coast city, aside from that surface parking. i love that scale of development. beats the pants off of spaced out podium/tower crap with loads of parking and big blank facades.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2014, 4:31 PM
Proud Homer!

This progress sounds very positive for a change.

From NextSTL: Revised 4643 Lindell Project Set to Move Forward

While I would prefer a taller tower, this mid-rise isn't bad. Check out the clarity of the renderings posted at NextSTL.com.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2014, 4:40 PM
Proud Homer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
wow this looks great! looking more like an aerial from an east coast city, aside from that surface parking. i love that scale of development. beats the pants off of spaced out podium/tower crap with loads of parking and big blank facades.
Here's a video from the recent "topping out" ceremony of the Loop Lofts.

Video Link

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations