HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 10:58 PM

i think we've had maybe 5 white christmasses in the 20 years i've lived here but we get some snow almost every year at least some minor thing

1996 was probably the mosts now i have ever seen down here and 2008 the second biggest - but the 200 one was very cold and the snow stayed for well over a month - the 1996 one was big but melted within a couple weeks and wasn't that cold

Old Posted Dec 7, 2010, 11:39 PM

I've seen some of these the other day - pretty insane

The lights are on & Santa’s home at Tri-City displays

Following is a list of large local light displays in the Tri-Cities for Christmas. To add your home to The Tri-City News’ list, send your name and address along with details of your display (how many lights, special displays, hours of operation and any charities for which you’re collecting) to newsroom@tricitynews.com.

COQUITLAM

• 669 Folsom St.: Check out Diana Wagner’s cheerful window display and old world Santa’s village from 4:30 to 10 p.m. daily.

• 1417 Garibaldi Pl.: John and Trudy Wolff invite you to enjoy a display of 120 hand-painted pieces and 5,000 lights featuring both traditional (manger, shepherds, angels, wise men) and contemporary (Santa and reindeer, toy trains, skaters, nutcrackers) Christmas images.

PORT COQUITLAM

• 1039 Parana Dr.: Karen and Murray Frank invite you to visit their display, which they’ve put to music you can hear by tuning your car radio to FM 107.9 while checking it out. They are also collecting cheques, made payable to the Canadian Cancer Society, for their charity Ironcops for Cancer. (You can view a video of their 2009 display at gallery.me.com/murrayfrank#100464.)

•3970 Cedar: The Hughes family’s display features more than 50,000 lights and Santa and all nine of his reindeer on the roof, plus window silhouettes, trees, angels, stars and more. It’s open 5 to 11 p.m. daily until Jan. 1, 2011.

• 3313 Rae St.: Dale Brindley’s home display will be open daily in December, offering 50,000 lights, several ground displays and even a light show. Donations to the food bank will be gratefully accepted.

newsroom@tricitynews.com

http://www.bclocalnews.com/tri_city_...111476329.html

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 3:22 AM

Thanks for posting that, I want to take some night pictures of these places over the Christmas season...

And just to add, the area around the Christmas Market is very vibrant and busy, which usually it isn't, at least on the weekends.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 3:55 AM

theres some i know of in coquitlam - smith & easterbrook (just west of blue mountain) schoolhouse & cambridge drive

I passed one in burnaby the other day - Kensington between hastings and Curtis

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 6:37 AM

oh god that one on kensigton... I'm pretty sure you can see it from space.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2010, 8:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zassk View Post
Steveston has its annual arrival of Santa (by whale-watching boat!), carolling through the village, tree-lighting by the mayor, and the Stanley Park horse-drawn carriages will be in attendance. This year it is on Sunday, November 28, Santa arrives at 1 p.m. The place gets really packed and the usual dignitaries attend.

http://www.stevestoninsider.com/Blog.php/1326
Steveston also has a very neighbourhood Christmas Parade that winds its way through the residential grid to Moncton. Any other Metro neighbourhoods have something similar?
http://www.stevestonrotary.org/photo...araderoute.jpg

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 5:19 PM

Well, here it is the 24th and I didn't make it to the Christmas Market. Anybody here go? The feedback I heard was that the stuff was expensive.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 8:59 PM

i forgot my memory card so no video and just some blurry pics - a few of the houses from coquitlam - all fairly close

as seen in video
Video Link

as seen in video
Video Link

all pics by me

Old Posted Dec 25, 2010, 6:33 AM
Vancouverite

Theres this nice house in burnaby north that is amazing.

The couchione(sp?) house.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2011, 11:57 PM

coquitlam - poco and burnaby

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 7:18 PM

Just came back from spending about a week in Van for Christmas. Third straight year (lots of family there) and love every minute of it. I'll take no snow and drizzle any day over -20. I stay at the Wall Centre each time and the views I get from up there is a gift to any SSP nerd. All the best to you all in the new year and you might have a new forumer in your neck of the woods this year

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment