HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 10:34 PM

SUN Tower

Here's another one of my campaigns: I would like to see the Sun Tower lit up like it used to be, I think it looked fabulous at night (see pics) and it's just so part of Vancouver's heritage that it's a shame those lights got taken down. The City can pick up the costs, after all, it's not a cost it's an investment which will be returned 10 fold with tourism, post cards, and movie/TV productions which no doubt will use night shots just for the character of the scene. I've been working this for a few years but not getting very far, but never say never eh?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 11:36 PM
retro_orange

I love all the old neon that it once had. Unfortunately the city is a stickler for nighttime 'light pollution'

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 12:49 AM

This is one of our true heritage buildings. One of the first "high rises" in the city. I'd love to see it spiffed up to its original state, and even beyond, if it's in keeping with the design.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 12:55 AM

Maybe this should be moved over to 'Vancouver Lighting' and Harbour Centre moved over to 'Vancouver view cone review'. Not too long ago someone got in trouble for starting a new thread seemingly every time they had a new idea - this is pretty much the same thing.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 1:22 AM

Agreed, neither subject is a "project" or "construction"

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 2:25 AM

I thought this site was about Vancouver skyscrapers. Are you saying the Sun Tower and Harbour Centre are off subject? Give me a break. Go ahead and move them if you want, I have no intention of doing it.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimswitch View Post
I thought this site was about Vancouver skyscrapers. Are you saying the Sun Tower and Harbour Centre are off subject? Give me a break. Go ahead and move them if you want, I have no intention of doing it.
It's about new or upcoming skyscrapers and other urban development projects. We'd be happy to talk about old ones that we want to light up again... right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_orange View Post
I love all the old neon that it once had. Unfortunately the city is a stickler for nighttime 'light pollution'
Well, it's for a good cause...

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 2:39 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Maybe this should be moved over to 'Vancouver Lighting' and Harbour Centre moved over to 'Vancouver view cone review'. Not too long ago someone got in trouble for starting a new thread seemingly every time they had a new idea - this is pretty much the same thing.
Agreed.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver