HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Hanover Post Oak in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Houston Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Houston Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 10:24 PM

The link says it may be taller than the 55-story condo tower already planned there.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2008, 2:52 AM
Meh

^ Got it, so it's going to be 40 to 45 floors?! Man, that thing is going to be awesome!!! Besides the height, the design is to die for.

Quote:
Wulfe also said it is "pretty definite" that the apartment building will be developed by Houston-based Hanover Co. An industry source says Hanover plans to buy Wulfe's land for a 55-story apartment tower, making it the second-tallest building in the Galleria area behind the Williams Tower.
San Felipe Plaza is 625 feet, so another 600+ footer for the Galleria area. That is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt
WOW...just WOW

This is huge news for Uptown!

We are looking at 3 massively tall buildings here folks, one in the 700-800 foot range, & two in the 600-700 foot range. The 55 story tower would easily over take San Felipe Plaza as being the second tallest building in Houston outside of downtown.

Here are some interesting numbers taken from a couple of downtown Houston's tallest buildings

Bank of America - 56 stories, 780 ft.

Enterprise Plaza - 55 stories, 756 ft.
Residential buildings usually have less space between the floors than office towers do. So I'm not sure these towers will be quite as tall as those office towers you listed, and 800 feet is even less likely. They may be near 700 feet, and certainly if they have any major decorative top, such as spires, they could be 700+ feet. In Austin they're building The Austonian which is a 56-story tower that will be 683 feet tall. The building is all residential, (condos) with retail on the ground floor. The top of the building has a 61 foot mechanical penthouse. The mainroof is at 621 feet 11 inches, and the top floor (occupied floor) is 607 feet 5 inches off the ground. At any rate I'm sure the Galleria area will be getting a 2nd tallest for sure, even that quote above said so. Residential towers, especially now days, and even more so in that area, have decorative tops. Big crowns and spires. So it very well could end up being 700 feet tall.

It's amazing to be talking about a 55+ story tower going up in a district far from downtown in an American city, maybe 700 feet tall. Most others that have secondary skylines are really only disconnected officially from downtown by a few blocks or for reasons like the kind of usage being different, like a university or government complex. So to have a true secondary skyline that is well defined and separate from downtown is amazing. Not only is it separate from downtown, but it's actually miles away from it. Houston is such a powerhouse. Houston's development, at least in having skyscrapers all over town in fairly urban clusters, resembles that of foreign cities. The only thing those clusters lack is more pedestrian friendly access and rail connections. Other than that the density, and acceptance of density is already there.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jan 17, 2008, 4:15 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
^ Got it, so it's going to be 40 to 45 floors?! Man, that thing is going to be awesome!!! Besides the height, the design is to die for.
It may be taller than that at this point, given that those were the preliminary stats for the buildings proposed for the development. The newest renderings of the Ritz may indeed be the tower that is taller than Hanover's 55-story project since the view in the first rendering has at least 25-30 floors.

Both feature a seperation marked by a larger floor which would presumably be the division between the hotel suites and the condominium units. The second rendering looking down makes it appear that the first was taken from at least a quarter of the way up the structure so that could be at least 20-30 floors unaccounted for.

Either way, with this and the other residential towers around Uptown being discussed... and the possibility of that 66 story tower (even if this were it)... time!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2008, 4:23 PM
H-town Baller

I agree with Kevin about the design. Looks like a solid mix of concrete and glass, like the Chase Tower. I also like the sloped features present at the top. Hope the lighting compliments the building if it's indeed built. Also, its proximity to TRANSCO Tower ( ) will yield more of a visual impact on the skyline, IMO.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2008, 11:07 PM
Houstonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattleigh View Post
Speaking of the Ritz, someone leaked these renderings to Swamplot...

More at: http://swamplot.com/a-first-look-at-...-16/#more-1011
would love to see a street level view =)

Old Posted Jan 22, 2008, 3:25 PM
Baryonic Lord

kewl

Old Posted Jan 22, 2008, 9:56 PM
Squint Like Clint

That is SOOOOO AWESOME!!!! Another potential signature tower for Houston to say the least.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2008, 4:22 AM
Houstonian

The fallowing images of Blvd place's clearing of old buildings are from http://thehaif.com via ProHouston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProHouston'
Here are some updated pics of the destruction from this morning.

That is construction starting on that corner =)

Old Posted Jan 23, 2008, 7:02 AM
Dryer lint inspector

wow, they are really coming along. i had no idea they tore down half of the pavilion already and started the foundation on the new buildings.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2008, 4:17 PM
Baryonic Lord

this is good news.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2008, 7:48 PM
Dryer lint inspector

btw, shouldn't this be moved to highrise construction since they've actually started construction? kevin?

Old Posted Jan 25, 2008, 5:10 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMancuso View Post
btw, shouldn't this be moved to highrise construction since they've actually started construction? kevin?
I guess we could since the first tower has started. How long until the other two towers start construction? And I'm a bit confused, is that Ritz this one going to be part of this project?

Also do we have any clear "official" info on what the floor counts will be of BLVD Place's three towers? What tower is it that has already started?

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jan 25, 2008, 5:41 AM

Actually, none of the towers have officially broken ground. The first space under construction will solely be used for commercial spaces that will lose their spots when the rest of the project gets underway (restaurants like Cafe Annie and Americas and stores like Hermes).

I don't think any of the towers (Hanover's rumored 55 story apartment tower) and the Ritz project (hotel and condos) will break ground until much later this year.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2008, 3:01 PM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
Actually, none of the towers have officially broken ground. The first space under construction will solely be used for commercial spaces that will lose their spots when the rest of the project gets underway (restaurants like Cafe Annie and Americas and stores like Hermes).

I don't think any of the towers (Hanover's rumored 55 story apartment tower) and the Ritz project (hotel and condos) will break ground until much later this year.
This is correct. Someone said that they wanted to wait and see first...

Old Posted Mar 29, 2008, 2:01 AM
Houstonian

new pic from TheHAIF.com

Cosmo parking lot base looks ugly =X

Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 2:52 PM
H-town Baller

Yeah, I'll be happy for the highrise projects at Blvd. Place to start just so they can block out part of the view of that ugly base. What a disappointment, especially considering the rest of the building and how it fits with its surroundings.

Anyway, it's so cool to see the rate of progress for Blvd. Place construction. They're not screwing around at all.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 3:45 PM

It'll be exciting, but from what I've read on here, the towers have all been shortened. There is no 66 story Ritz going in. Somebody said they dropped it down to 30 or something and the 55 story condo tower...well, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure they're make revisions right now to make that one only 20 stories.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2008, 9:30 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
It'll be exciting, but from what I've read on here, the towers have all been shortened. There is no 66 story Ritz going in. Somebody said they dropped it down to 30 or something and the 55 story condo tower...well, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure they're make revisions right now to make that one only 20 stories.
You're talking about something on HAIF, which is still just purely speculation. That poster mentioned the Ritz being two 30 or so story towers. One would be hotel and the other would be condos.

Also, Hanover still mentions a 55 story rental tower when people have made inquiries about renting or specifics.

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 12:34 AM
FYHA

It looks like the apartment tower has been scaled down from 55 to 37 floors, but construction appears to be upcoming...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/5783827.html

May 15, 2008, 6:04PM
Residential tower announced for BLVD Place

By NANCY SARNOFF
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Houston-based apartment developer The Hanover Co. is planning a 37-story residential tower near the corner of Post Oak Boulevard and San Felipe.

The high-rise will be part of BLVD Place, a mixed-use development under construction at the high-profile intersection.

The building will have 236 apartments that will be larger than typical rental units, the developer said.

Solomon Cordwell Buenz of Chicago designed the glass tower, which will have "boutique hotel style" amenities, including a concierge and bellman, as well as a lounge and catering kitchen.

A 19,000-square-foot rooftop pool terrace will be atop an attached parking garage.

Construction will start this fall, with the project is set to open in 2011.

It will sit behind a Whole Foods Market, shops and restaurants that are planned for BLVD Place, a portion of which is under construction.

Wulfe & Co. is developing the 21-acre project. It's expected to have 500,000-square-feet of retail space, 200,000 square feet of office space and a hotel with condos.

nancy.sarnoff@chron.com

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 1:35 PM
FYHA

The article has been expanded a bit...

And here is the large rendering on the front page of the Business section.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive