HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 3, 2004, 11:41 PM
devout Pizzatarian

CHICAGO | One Mus. Park West | 595 FT | 54 FL | One Mus. Park | 734 FT | 65 FL

hey all, as i am sure many of you don't regularly peruse that mammoth Chicago boom rundown thread, i thought i would post a new thread about an exciting new skyscraper proposal for chicago that we have just learned about.

the proposal is named One Museum Park, and the current rendering shows it standing 74 stories tall (sorry, no height figure yet). It would stand in the Central Station development, a massive new multi-tower residential high-rise neighborhood currently underway in chicago's south loop area, down near michigan avenue and roosevelt. for those that don't know, this would place the tower about a 1/2 mile south of the main loop skyline, so this project is not only exciting for its height, but also for its potential to strecth the skyline further south and to become a wonderful new landmark bookend tower for the southern edge of chicago's skyline. this project has caught a lot of us chicagoans off guard as none of us were expecting to see anything taller than 40 or so floors in the Central Station project.

anyway, here's the project's website and a rendering. you can also click on the 1st page of the chicago boom rundown thread to learn more about this, and all of chicago's other skyscraper projects.

http://onemuseumpark.com/

One Museum Park

One Museum Park West

Side-by-side

below are some scanned images and model pictures courtesy of BVictor:

This is a rendering that comes with the building description packet.

This rendering is from the Chicago Tribune 01/09/05

Looking northwest towards the tower.

Looking east.

This is the back southwest corner of the building.

Looking south at the north face of the building. That's Roosevelt Road that you see running along the base.

Looking up at the eastern facade.

The crown.

Another shot of the western facade looking east toward the building.

A small turnaround and courtyard in the back southwestern corner of the building.

A smaller version of the One Museum Park model placed within the larger model. Looking southwest.

Another shot of the southern facade looking north.

Looking down upon the base.

Last edited by i_am_hydrogen; Mar 30, 2009 at 3:59 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive