HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
No there is another crane foundation you can see it easily when walking by the site. It is nearer to the street and is a red colored steel; also angled 45 degrees or so from the street plane. It is insane how fast this stretch of Midtown is transforming.
I noticed it on the webcam but I can't imagine that they would need a second crane so close to the other one. Aren't they already months ahead of schedule on this project?

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 8:10 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Question: I thought that NCR HQ should be taller than Modera. I think I remember someone saying at some point on here that NCR would be taller. But I just noticed that Modera is 29 floors and NCR is 22 floors. I know the renderings for NCR show it towering over Modera. Maybe they did that just for the rendering? What are the official height for both buildings?

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
I noticed it on the webcam but I can't imagine that they would need a second crane so close to the other one. Aren't they already months ahead of schedule on this project?
I would imagine site constraints are requiring 2 tower cranes for the 2nd phase since a longer crane arm would also require an opposing counterweight to be longer. The student tower to the south limits that otherwise.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
Question: I thought that NCR HQ should be taller than Modera. I think I remember someone saying at some point on here that NCR would be taller. But I just noticed that Modera is 29 floors and NCR is 22 floors. I know the renderings for NCR show it towering over Modera. Maybe they did that just for the rendering? What are the official height for both buildings?
I don't think we know the actual heights of either building, but keep in mind that office building floors are taller than residential building floors, sometimes significantly. Also, if you look closely at the renderings, you can see that the glass curtain wall on NCR rises the equivalent of 3-4 floors (likely 50-75 ft) above the top office floor - making it more like a 25-26 floor building.

NCR certainly won't "tower" over Modera, but I still believe it will be slightly taller.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Courtesy of the Midtown Alliance, a gif showing what the skyline will look like when all proposals built out:

Nice picture. Will be nice additions to the skyline.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 11:43 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
I don't think we know the actual heights of either building, but keep in mind that office building floors are taller than residential building floors, sometimes significantly. Also, if you look closely at the renderings, you can see that the glass curtain wall on NCR rises the equivalent of 3-4 floors (likely 50-75 ft) above the top office floor - making it more like a 25-26 floor building.

NCR certainly won't "tower" over Modera, but I still believe it will be slightly taller.
That's true. Didn't think about office floors being taller.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 12:41 AM

Apartments along beltline at Airline and Dekalb

I thought I've seen a proposal for this site and it looks like a lot of demolition occurred the last few days. Does anyone have a link to the proposal? I can't seem to find it.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
I thought I've seen a proposal for this site and it looks like a lot of demolition occurred the last few days. Does anyone have a link to the proposal? I can't seem to find it.
This URL isn't working on my mobile, but maybe it will for you http://imgur.com/a/w44ve. If not, check out the images I added to the comments at http://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/2/17/...n-reynoldstown. As a note- these images were not captured by me- I just keep referencing them.

Page 6 has a site plan: http://www.inmanpark.org/assets/Advo..._09-16_web.pdf

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 2:48 AM

Townhome project near Westtown

These seem to be flying under the radar (near WestTown and apartments that house The Whelan):

http://www.iconresliving.com/news/

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Could it have just been for the Beltline? I'm not even sure NAP filed for permits yet for this apartment project. Hell, I'm not even sure if the NPU greenlighted this project. A lot of drama going on with the future beltline transit and a proposed tunnel on this site.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Could it have just been for the Beltline? I'm not even sure NAP filed for permits yet for this apartment project. Hell, I'm not even sure if the NPU greenlighted this project. A lot of drama going on with the future beltline transit and a proposed tunnel on this site.
The more I look at the photos Street Advocate posted, I think it probably was just for the Beltline...

Last edited by jpk1292000; Feb 20, 2017 at 2:12 PM.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 2:38 PM

Quote:
The more I look at the photos Street Advocate posted, I think it probably was just for the Beltline...
This is probable. Construction activity is picking up on this section toward Irwin street. While the section isn't massive, foottraffic will likely pick up along Edgewood Ave once the extension is open. We could see a lot of investment get poured back between the EST and downtown. A little wild to think about, as how hot of a nighttime entertainment spot Edgewood Ave. is already.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
All of this has been resolved-- the project was seen by the Beltline DRC a couple of months ago--

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 2:02 PM

3172 Roswell Road Project

SAP was filed in Accela today for a "Proposed development at 3172 Roswell Road". This is the parcel just to the north (across Irby Ave) of the Hanover Buckhead Village development currently under construction.

The permit was filed by the Preston Partnership. I can't find any information about the project on their website.

Are there any renderings or news reports about this one?

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 2:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
SAP was filed in Accela today for a "Proposed development at 3172 Roswell Road". This is the parcel just to the north (across Irby Ave) of the Hanover Buckhead Village development currently under construction.

The permit was filed by the Preston Partnership. I can't find any information about the project on their website.

Are there any renderings or news reports about this one?

See arjay57 View Post

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
See arjay57 View Post
Thanks!

Are there any other details? Clearly it is mixed use w/ground floor retail, parking podium, and topped with what appears to be residential or possibly hotel units.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Are there any other details? Clearly it is mixed use w/ground floor retail, parking podium, and topped with what appears to be residential or possibly hotel units.
That I don't know. Since this is in the SPI they will presumably have to go through the DRC if they haven't already.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 9:23 PM
BANNED

Updated Rendering of Piedmont Hospital's Buckhead Tower U/C

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 10:01 PM
BANNED

Buckhead Plaza - Redevelopment
  • Office Building replacing single story retail
  • 18 stories
  • 360K sqft.

https://www.commercialsearch.com/lis...JK6THHCMUK4THP

Think Terwilliger Pappas and parter are in involved with development.

Last edited by Atlanta3000; Feb 22, 2017 at 4:33 AM.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Courtesy of the Midtown Alliance, a gif showing what the skyline will look like when all proposals built out:

2 quick observations:
CODA seems a little short doesn't it?
and I think they are missing Selig's new proposal on West Peachtree/12th.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations