HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 4:16 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

...and continuing from the last page.

Any word or confirmation of when the next two towers will break ground? Has that been said and done already?

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 5:21 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

next 2 towers?

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 12:56 PM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
next 2 towers?
Wasn't there supposed to be a hotel and some other component? I seem to recall the same thing as the Jabroni.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
Wasn't there supposed to be a hotel and some other component? I seem to recall the same thing as the Jabroni.
ya Sutton hotel is supposed to build a 26 story hotel and 17 story condo at the carlton hotel site.

this was rendering although it is not official final design it is subject to change

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 1:12 PM

Perhaps not so coincidentally, by 2020, the city should have an additional 275 luxury rooms available because the future Sutton Place Hotel is part of the $400-million True North Square project.
The Winnipeg Jets’ parent company, True North Sports & Entertainment, is building True North Square in partnership with James Richardson & Sons Ltd., and the hotel is part of the last phase of construction that’s scheduled for completion in late 2019. That makes mid-2020 — rather than the Jets back-up date of 2021— look like an ideal time for the NHL and its future stars to be here to showcase the city in the summer and celebrate Winnipeg’s new landmark with us.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 1:33 PM

Maybe it was too late at night for AJ. Of course we all know about Sutton Place.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 2:43 PM

Looks like there's some tubing sticking out from the plaza slab where they are framing in the last piece in the foreground. Could that be the heating system we were talking about in the winter months?

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 2:55 PM

And for that column. I really don't know. It looks to be right in the middle of where the 'opening' is. Seems like something changes there, but I'm guessing its for the skywalk. Seems to align with the curvey face of the residential building.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 7:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post
Perhaps not so coincidentally, by 2020, the city should have an additional 275 luxury rooms available because the future Sutton Place Hotel is part of the $400-million True North Square project.
The Winnipeg Jets’ parent company, True North Sports & Entertainment, is building True North Square in partnership with James Richardson & Sons Ltd., and the hotel is part of the last phase of construction that’s scheduled for completion in late 2019. That makes mid-2020 — rather than the Jets back-up date of 2021— look like an ideal time for the NHL and its future stars to be here to showcase the city in the summer and celebrate Winnipeg’s new landmark with us.
That would be nice!

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 7:28 PM

K so that realtors issue. The website should be realtor.ca not realtors.ca. Notice the 's'. They both take you to the same website. Wtf lol The website works fine with realtor.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I'm trying to figure out what the one column is for, that's sticking out the plaza slab formwork in the foreground. Nothing in the renderings. I'm thinking maybe its for the skywalk and the design has been changed there. All the images I see show some kind of round platform there.
I think that's just the top of the support column and flare for the parkade roof/floor. Skywalk renders show the skywalk being more incorporated into tower 1.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 9:07 PM

But they usually don't, and aren't allowed, to bend structural steel in the field. You can see all the other bars along the perimeter have been bent for months since they were installed. So that's what confuses me.

There is a circular feature shown in the renderings at that location. Maybe it will have some structural support below it for some reason. Otherwise, yeah, the column is there for the parkade slab.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
Any word or confirmation of when the next two towers will break ground? Has that been said and done already?

Doesn't look like they've broken ground already, but from the looks of the pic, (unless my orientation is mistaken) you can see PCL occupying the land where the next 2 towers will rise in the background of that picture (between the convention centre and the two black buildings) so perhaps they will continue to temporarily occupy that area until they're able to transition into the last 2 tower phase

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 12:58 AM

What you see on the proposed hotel site is the PCl lay down area for all their forms etc, and some of the sub trades site offices.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 4:47 PM

I'm going to assume Northlands is having a tough time making a go of the hotel/condo part of the project. Silence there since the initial press conference that TNS was a go.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 10:24 PM

Sutton place portion is more of a phase 3 thing. Phase 2 being the apts along graham...

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 10:31 PM

sutton hotel part of the deal is a go

lets not kid ourselves

im sure chipman and company wouldnt put thier name next to something thats not going to happen thats not thier MO

enough of the skepticism around here that fucking hotel portion is a go.. they said phase 3 - 4 wouldnt be done til late 2018 and not be completed til late 2019

like CALM THE HELL DOWN

u guys always expect everything completed at once this is a 3 year project god damn itt

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 11:56 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

o ur talking about sutton place i was huh theres more what did i miss..

anyhow pcl is using the site as staging grounds. when they get passed a certan point they will prolly start working on that site.

plus dont forget the plans the church is working on that area is going to be substantialy different over the next few yrs

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 12:49 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post
sutton hotel part of the deal is a go

lets not kid ourselves

im sure chipman and company wouldnt put thier name next to something thats not going to happen thats not thier MO

enough of the skepticism around here that fucking hotel portion is a go.. they said phase 3 - 4 wouldnt be done til late 2018 and not be completed til late 2019

like CALM THE HELL DOWN

u guys always expect everything completed at once this is a 3 year project god damn itt
Bro, I think you need to calm down.

Just saying!

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 3:18 PM

Jeez man, calm down yourself. Just having a conversation here.

Chipman is not involved wit Sutton Place anymore. They sold the land to Northlands. Chipmans name is not on it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan