HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 4:05 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Going to Verona with side visits to Venice

Hi everyone. In a few days hence, I will be traveling to Verona (Italy) for an academic conference. I will be in the vicinity for 9 days, so I was wondering if anyone had some sightseeing suggestions or traveling hints (I was thinking about taking daytrips via train into nearby Venice). Any advice would be appreciated!

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 4:28 PM
Global Citizen

Going to Venice sounds like a good idea. The train usually takes about 2 hours from Verona to Venice. For more details you can visit the website of the Italian Rail: http://www.ferroviedellostato.it/

My other advise would be to get a rental car and drive around the Lago di Garda which has lots of great scenery and quaint little villages.

Verona itself is a pretty nice city with lots of historic sites including the Colosseum.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 4:32 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^thanx!

Old Posted Jul 8, 2007, 1:26 AM
mumble

You're one lucky guy, Molson!

Don't forget about Mantua, and if you've got some spare time go all the way to Trieste, grand old port city on the Mediterranean.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2007, 4:41 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Had a GREAT Trip. Got to Venice twice, as well as Florence, Bologna, and Lake Garda.

And Verona was very nice as well.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2007, 11:55 PM
mumble

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time there and made it back home safely, MolsonExport.

As a matter of fact, you were BOUND to have an absolutely fabulous time over there. The scenery, architecture, food & people are just sooo wonderful ...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe