HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Manhattan West in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 14, 2011, 7:24 PM
BANNED

I agree.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2011, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
I agree.
Given the press announcements it seems as though the towers have been redesigned as well, correct? The plans for four-odd buildings certainly don't jive with the renderings we have...

I'll hold out hope regardless as the current renderings are nothing short of atrocious.

(although they would be ok filler if we can manage a 1,500-2,000' building somewhere on the West Side. )

Old Posted Sep 14, 2011, 8:14 PM

So is this going to actually be built? It looks pretty cool I was unaware of this until I saw it on here. Would be cool to see two twin-like towers in town again. I hope they dont divy it up into more towers and shorten the heights, I like the original design seen earlier in this thread

Old Posted Sep 14, 2011, 8:41 PM

I believe the renders we are all familiar with just include the office component. There are two other buildings, a total of 700,000 sf, that will be residential on the north end of the lot, I believe. I don't think any renderings for those have been released, so I guess those will be built sometime after the office component.

But just the canopy is being built in January. Part of the site is an open rail connection between the Hudson Yards and Penn Station, so what they're starting in January is just the canopy, or they referenced it being redesigned to more of a bridge to cut costs, and then when that is done, and the office buildings have tenants then they'll build those.

That will give this an earlier delivery date than 15 Penn where they have to tear down that hotel that sits on the site. Here, once the canopy is built they can start construction at the drop of a dime.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2011, 3:33 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
That will give this an earlier delivery date than 15 Penn where they have to tear down that hotel that sits on the site. Here, once the canopy is built they can start construction at the drop of a dime.
The entire platform won't have to be built before they start work on the first tower, which should be sometime next year.

Quote:
We’re going ahead with the platform in the first quarter of next year. It’s been designed and we have most of the approvals in place. We’ve substantially value-engineered it so that it will be coming in at some number well under $300 million.

And with the site itself—while we have been fairly quiet—we’ve had a number of selective and good conversations with people about it. Many of them were unaware of a few things: first, that the cores of the two lead buildings will be on terra firma; also that we can develop and deliver the first building in 2015; and that the deck, as I mentioned, is designed, approved and being brought in at a manageable price.
But it is interesting that both Related's and Brookfield's west side developments could get started before Vornado's 15 Penn Plaza. But don't count them out just yet either.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 5:48 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.dnainfo.com/20110922/chel...-hub-will-move

Ninth Avenue Megabus Hub Will Move

September 22, 2011
By Mathew Katz

Quote:
A long-derided hub for discount carrier Megabus at 33rd Street and Ninth Avenue will be on the move by early next year in order to make way for a massive construction project, according to Department of Transportation officials.

Megabus is being forced to move in order to make way for the development of a 5.4 million square foot property that runs from Ninth to Dyer avenues between West 31st and West 33rd streets. Developer Brookfield Office Properties expects to start the project early next year.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 6:21 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Sep 28, 2011, 1:01 AM
BANNED

Brookfield, together with Related and Silverstein, clearly are courting Time Warner.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

BY LAUREN A. E. SCHUKER
Time Warner Inc. is eyeing several new possibilities for its headquarters in Manhattan, from moving to the new World Trade Center to building a new tower on the West Side of Manhattan, as it undertakes a broader evaluation of its real estate situation in New York, according to people close to the situation.

The expiration of several high-profile leases later this decade prompted the media company, which owns Time Inc., HBO, CNN and Warner Bros., to conduct the analysis of the roughly 4 million square feet it occupies in Manhattan.

Some of those leases—including ones for more than 2 million ...

Old Posted Sep 28, 2011, 1:18 AM
New Yorker for life

I would prefer Time Warner here.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2011, 1:51 AM
BANNED

This is exciting news. TW clearly will anchor a very large, new tower.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2011, 2:47 AM
DENNAB

Old Posted Oct 8, 2011, 2:52 AM
DENNAB

http://manhattanwestnyc.com/

also with the shorter towers (at least it looks)

Part of me wants to give up hope on NYC ever having buildings this big

Old Posted Oct 8, 2011, 2:59 AM
BANNED

What are you talking about? These towers are each at least 1,000 feet.

How many other first-world cities have so many 1,000+ foot towers planned or u/c? None!

1 WTC

2 WTC

3 WTC

4 WTC (close enough)

Carnegie 57

440 Park

Torre Verre

225 W 57th

15 Penn

Girasole

Manhattan West

Hudson Yards

Last edited by RobertWalpole; Oct 8, 2011 at 3:32 AM.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2011, 4:14 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
http://manhattanwestnyc.com/

also with the shorter towers (at least it looks)

Part of me wants to give up hope on NYC ever having buildings this big
I don't see anything that confirms shorter towers. That doesn't mean it can't happen, but until it does, they are what they are.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2011, 4:15 AM

All trains entering Penn Station by austinNYC

Lots of activity to take place here in the near future.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2011, 7:58 AM
Desert Dweller

I actually wouldn't mind if the towers were shorter, they just seemed too awkward to be that bulky that far away from most of the midtown skyscrapers, no grace whatsoever.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2011, 10:58 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I don't see anything that confirms shorter towers. That doesn't mean it can't happen, but until it does, they are what they are.

I'm 99% sure those are twin towers of the 935 foot version, but I think theyll be more than two towers, so lets hope one of them goes above 1000...

Old Posted Oct 8, 2011, 1:10 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
I'm 99% sure those are twin towers of the 935 foot version, but I think theyll be more than two towers, so lets hope one of them goes above 1000...
If this is what you mean, again, I wouldn't jump to conclusions from this render. Still, the project could be evolving. Keep in mind that a lot depends on market demand for these towers.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2011, 1:38 PM
DENNAB

^I think you just proved that they will both be 935 feet...

Hopefully the third tower will be taller.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2011, 7:53 PM
BANNED

Quote:
^I think you just proved that they will both be 935 feet...

Hopefully the third tower will be taller.
You have absolutely no basis whatsoever to conclude that these towers are 935 feet.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive