HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 6:55 PM

Yuzu is at the rear of the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Is Yuzu Sushi still open? Driving by yesterday, it seemed to be abandoned. I couldn't get a real good look but I thought I saw lumber laying around inside.

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
Oh OK thanks. I thought those ground floor units went from the front to the back with the entrance at the back.

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 7:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
The rear of Tannery Place South (and presumably of North too, once it has been built) is really the commercial face of this development, thanks to the rear parking lot.

Many of these CRUs also have a front face as well, but they are secondary. This is a flaw in this development. The front face should actually be primary, not secondary.

Old Posted May 30, 2021, 3:34 AM

Tonight...

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 6:32 PM

This is the reason the Cushman & Wakefield signs were temporarily up at the Junction a while back: https://cwatlantic.com/listings/junction-urban-village/

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
This is the reason the Cushman & Wakefield signs were temporarily up at the Junction a while back: https://cwatlantic.com/listings/junction-urban-village/

So the two 'future mixed use' lots are for sale?

As a distant observer, Tannery Place seems like a great project... for five years ago. 5-and-1s aren't the novelty they once were, a street component does not exist, etc. I am not surprised there is a semi-reset.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 8:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Good pick-up jonny.

At least we have some conceptual renders of what Westmount has in mind for their "Junction Hall".

In addition, the proposed third apartment building will be a different style that Tannery Place North and South. This is a good thing.

But, the important thing to remember is that this is nothing more than a conceptual design, and could change drastically prior too construction. The most important phrase in the Cushman-Wakefield brochure that you can access from their website is "will build to suit", therefore anything is possible.

We will just have to wait and see what transpires............

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jun 2, 2021 at 10:58 PM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 8:50 PM

The pace at which the Junction has progressed is slow, so I think it's a good idea to invite another developer(s) to participate. Westmount can control what gets built so they can maintain their vision/quality. Having another high end building underway before waiting for Tannery South to be completed would be great. Hopefully it will happen.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 9:43 PM

Those renders do look really nice but I do think that the Junction Hall being only 5 storeys is a downside.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 10:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I really like the idea of a restaurant on the ground floor of Junction Hall. This would be a high profile location and would be a great place for a higher end restaurant or a steak house.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2021, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I really like the idea of a restaurant on the ground floor of Junction Hall. This would be a high profile location and would be a great place for a higher end restaurant or a steak house.
The developers had stated some time ago that the primary demographic renting their units are empty nesters. So I absolutely agree that a higher end restaurant or steak house would be a great fit. It would be a good addition to the village, and I also think it would get a lot of business from Riverview.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2021, 1:10 AM

Quote:

Rather than see another chain steakhouse I'd love to see something more local for example a moncton location of "CUT" steakhouse. Of course they may have no plans to open a new location, but I'd prefer that or something like it over a Baton Rouge.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2021, 2:05 AM

I find that the property flyer on the Cushman & Wakefield site is really well done. I'm curious if any local developers would be interested in this opportunity or maybe a developer from another city would want to get into the Moncton market.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2021, 3:30 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

BTW, I never really came out and said how much I like the rendering of the proposed Junction Hall. I indeed like it very much!

The building projects a modernist avant garde facade, and is bold and exciting in appearance, without being overbearing. The colour palette is appealing and the cladding gives the building a sense of solidity and permanence. This could easily be the most desirable small office building in the entire metro area.

Let's hope that whatever gets built on this corner will closely resemble what is being proposed in this rendering. I think Westmount has hit it out of the park with this design. This building deserves to be built..........

Old Posted Jun 3, 2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
BTW, I never really came out and said how much I like the rendering of the proposed Junction Hall. I indeed like it very much!

The building projects a modernist avant garde facade, and is bold and exciting in appearance, without being overbearing. The colour palette is appealing and the cladding gives the building a sense of solidity and permanence. This could easily be the most desirable small office building in the entire metro area.

Let's hope that whatever gets built on this corner will closely resemble what is being proposed in this rendering. I think Westmount has hit it out of the park with this design. This building deserves to be built..........
I agree it’s a very nice modern looking building. My only wish was that it was slightly taller but coming up from under the tracks will give it the illusion that it’s taller than it is anyway. I really hope this building gets built the way it’s designed. I must also say that I really enjoy the other residential building too. It’s different enough from the other buildings to add some variety but not so different that it looks like it doesn’t belong.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2021, 12:33 PM

I also like this building and I realize it's just a proposal and nothing more, but is this Junction Hall suppose to be pretty much all office space, except for a possible restaurant? In the above proposal, the main floor makes sense, restaurant & possibly a retail store, but the 2nd to 5th floor, are all those floors for offices?

Old Posted Jun 3, 2021, 12:38 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackYear View Post
I also like this building and I realize it's just a proposal and nothing more, but is this Junction Hall suppose to be pretty much all office space, except for a possible restaurant? In the above proposal, the main floor makes sense, restaurant & possibly a retail store, but the 2nd to 5th floor, are all those floors for offices?
I believe the building is to be 100% commercial.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2021, 1:26 PM

I think office commercial is likely their goal. Similar to the dental building on Mapleton.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2021, 2:06 PM

I was looking at the new Cushman & Wakefield monthly listing report that just came out. I don't think I picked up on it before, but they're not only offering leasing opportunities (land or build-to-suit) but also land for sale.

I have to think that Westmount Developments would have conditions on what could be built there in order to maintain the quality and image of the overall development.

I do think that it is a good move by the developer to try to accelerate the pace of the project, considering that they purchased the land a way back in 2014. It would be great if we could see a capable developer come on board and start construction on another fine building in the Junction Urban Village.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2021, 8:16 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is now a construction card on the CCD Canada website for "The Junction."

Of course, since it is behind a subscription wall, I have no additional information. It would be hard to imagine this is for Tannery Place North, since this building is already under construction. Could this mean that one of the two buildings on the lot next to GoodLife might be in pre-construction phase?

I could see Westmount proceeding with the third apartment building. Junction Hall however, as a commercial building, will probably require some confirmed tenants before construction proceeds.

I don't know how significant this construction card is, but an interesting observation nonetheless.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces