HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 3:15 AM

Yes he was, and I think Oduya redeemed himself these last two games. and that's considering there down a few defensemen.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 3:33 AM

Oduya's been slow to takeoff, but he's a solid player. He needs some more goals to be fully redeemed yet

You can still see how we were sloppy that game, but I think we outskated em quite well.

Be nice to wrap up our road game with wins...3-1 thus far is awesome.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 3:34 AM

Why is it that I always feel like I am going to have a heart attack in the last three minutes of the third with this team? I am still trying to catch my breath right now.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 8:49 AM

We are missing four defenceman. Missing Antropov. And went into OT and got a point. Can't complain!

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 3:16 AM
What could go wrong?

Holy fuck, 12 penalties!!!!!!!! How is any team supposed to win with 12 penalties. We were down by two how many times - 2 or 3????

We definitely don't deserve to come out of Buffalo with one point......and poor Pavelic, he played unbelievable again yet we leave him out to dry.

.....on a good note, at least we don't give up. All-in-all a pretty good road trip though. We just have to stop cutting our own throats.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 3:31 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Holy fuck, 12 penalties!!!!!!!! How is any team supposed to win with 12 penalties. We were down by two how many times - 2 or 3????

We definitely don't deserve to come out of Buffalo with one point......and poor Pavelic, he played unbelievable again yet we leave him out to dry.

.....on a good note, at least we don't give up. All-in-all a pretty good road trip though. We just have to stop cutting our own throats.
I'm not disagreeing with some of what you say, but come on. Over half of those penalties were bullshit calls by the refs. The Sabres were diving left, right and centre. I normally don't place losing on the refs, but in this games case, they really did cost us a win.

And yes we did deserve to get at least on point out of it.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 6:17 AM
Celebrating 50 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
I'm not disagreeing with some of what you say
I am. Half of those penalties were indeed refs being biased. I do agree with the notion that the Jets need to stop with taking so many penalties, the other half, but still.. that last call was just stupid.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 1:24 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
I am. Half of those penalties were indeed refs being biased. I do agree with the notion that the Jets need to stop with taking so many penalties, the other half, but still.. that last call was just stupid.
As was the penalty on Stuart after the physical scrum in front of Pavelec.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 4:58 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0twired View Post
As was the penalty on Stuart after the physical scrum in front of Pavelec.
I definitely agree with you here. Those scrums around Pavelic were complete bullshit. The ref's were taking way too long to blow the whistle. What are our guys expected to do when Pavelic has the puck and there are two Sabers hammering away. You have to knock them down, and we were given 2 or 3 penalties for the exact same situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
And i have to disagree with you disagreeing with me.....the Jets take way too many penalties. I do agree that some were crap calls against the Jets but we put ourselves at a great disadvantage too often. I believe the announcer said last night that the Jets have been 2 men down 9 times this year and that was when we were first down 2 men last night. We were down 2 men three times last night. It is very difficult to penalty kill 2 men down that often.

Don't get me wrong, i think the Jets are playing great this year with what they have. I think from my perspective the Jets are better that i would have thought at the beginning of the year. I just think that we can only be so good with our current team so we have to control the things that you CAN control. One of those things is to be disciplined.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 7:00 PM

Considering where the Jets were before the road trip, I think they did a solid job.

Only one way to go...and that's up! This team hopefully pulls a reverse Atlanta last season, and starts off slow but picks up steam like crazy the second half (Atlanta was top of the division whole first half, but fell second half)

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 7:27 PM

...Yakupov....

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
I'm not disagreeing with some of what you say, but come on. Over half of those penalties were bullshit calls by the refs. The Sabres were diving left, right and centre. I normally don't place losing on the refs, but in this games case, they really did cost us a win.

And yes we did deserve to get at least on point out of it.
Couldn't agree more. I personally can't remember a game where a referee calls a penalty with less than a minute left in overtime, warranted or not. At that point it is a given to just let the play go. Also I personally saw many scenario's where the Sabres deserved penalties that weren't given out. The most blatant of which is when Burmi. had his stick pulled out of his hand mid play in the neutral zone.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2011, 6:04 PM

i didnt watch the game last night, but 5-2 loss to florida? ouch. this was expected to be a moral boosting win after the tough loss to buffalo...

Old Posted Nov 11, 2011, 8:57 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

They have to stop getting themselves into penalties. Their game faces shown up in the first 5 minutes of the game, and then decided to go on holiday until the 3rd period.

It was dismal!!

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2011, 5:02 AM
Closed account

Jets win 5 to 2 over the Bolts.

And the best fake dive of the year award goes to Stamkos!

Old Posted Nov 15, 2011, 6:40 AM

I like the intro video they play at the MTSC before introducing your Winnipeg Jets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0zbUeO7boM" target="_blank">Video Link

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Nov 15, 2011, 2:55 PM
What could go wrong?

I was at the game last night. Great atmosphere in the tight confines of the MTS Centre. The Jets played an overall complete game.....finally. Hopefully they can build off of this as a template for what should be expected of them. I know not every game will work out this way, but we will get our fair share of wins. Again, Pavelic was awesome. I think he will need a rest soon. Good to see Mason back and taking some pregame reps.

We still need to work on the amount of penalties though. We did much better, only 6, but Tampa only had 1. Our penalty kill was great last night.

Great game.

Go JETS Go

Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 5:00 PM

I am curious to see how quickly the crowd starts taunting Bryzgalov today.

/Go Jets Go

Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 8:28 PM

What a rip. Ilya isn't playing... but with a 2 - 0 lead only 5 minutes in, maybe they'll switch goalies

btw, is it just me, or is the CBC play-by-play broadcast team doing today's game TERRIBLE? They're just bantering away about Eric Fehr and completely missed the call on the 2 - 0 goal. Save your banter for the breaks guys!

Great, and now the CBC Winnipeg broadcast is screwing up entirely.

Sigh.
I guess they'll get better at this as the season goes on?

At least they're getting day-of' skyline shots to put up on TV (The CMHR looks GREAT on national TV, no?)

edit: Good lord, now its 3 - 0, a little closer to goalie switch?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 10:07 PM
Closed account

Bryz-nasty isn't playing.....................................YET.

5 - 2 Jets after the second.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan