HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 24, 2015, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
Re: the new restaurant pad; I'm certain that the well known local owner of the Golden Arches across the highway will just be ecstatic about this...

Secondly, I'm not sure if this was mentioned before or not, but a new expansion and rebrand will take place at IGA Donat Thériault on Victoria Street in January. The Sobeys brand is returning to Edmundston and IGA is out! I don't know if a family name like the one currently attached to IGA can be attached to a Sobeys store. I think not.
They are doing the expansion but remaining under the IGA brand, spoke to one of the owners and said that things should be starting in the spring

Old Posted Dec 24, 2015, 4:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
They are doing the expansion but remaining under the IGA brand, spoke to one of the owners and said that things should be starting in the spring
I guess my source at Atlantic Superstore across the road (yes, of all places) was wrong. I'm not a fan of IGA much, but then again, I don't live in Edmundston...

Old Posted Jan 18, 2016, 5:28 PM

Looks like the wendy's building on st peters avenue in bathurst has been sold, no word as of yet of what it will become.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2016, 12:31 PM

The Bathurst mill site has been sold! The process of the Bouctouche business man has finaly gone trough and it was annouced at city council last night. He said several things where in the works, notably condos with underground parking,stores and a camping.

Finally this eye soar in the ciy will be gone!!

http://www.acadienouvelle.com/actual...-stone-vendue/

Old Posted Jan 19, 2016, 5:39 PM

Quote:
The Bathurst mill site has been sold! The process of the Bouctouche business man has finaly gone trough and it was annouced at city council last night. He said several things where in the works, notably condos with underground parking,stores and a camping.

Finally this eye soar in the ciy will be gone!!

http://www.acadienouvelle.com/actual...-stone-vendue/

Bridget Yard ‏@bridgetyard · 24m24 minutes ago
The East Bathurst shore could one day look like this (photo courtesy of Raymond Robichaud)

Bridget Yard ‏@bridgetyard · 25m25 minutes ago
Here's a look at the old mill office location, through the lens of Robichaud's plan.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2016, 7:20 PM

Just the fact that he will clean the mess that is currently there will do so much good for the area, any addition after that will be icing on the cake.

I dont know how much the finish product will be like the pictures. it shows two different renders of the office building that is currently there and the condos are supposed to have underground parking, only time will tell but glad something is finally going on with that piece of land!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2016, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Looks like the wendy's building on st peters avenue in bathurst has been sold, no word as of yet of what it will become.
The word on the street is the owner of Pizza pro has purchased the property to move the pizza place into. If true this will open up the old pizza pro space for lets say......Pita pit...who I'm sure would love the spot. this is all unconfirmed but seems to be the consensus of conversations.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2016, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Just the fact that he will clean the mess that is currently there will do so much good for the area, any addition after that will be icing on the cake.

I dont know how much the finish product will be like the pictures. it shows two different renders of the office building that is currently there and the condos are supposed to have underground parking, only time will tell but glad something is finally going on with that piece of land!
This is huge for this part of bathurst, even one condo will be a 1000% step forward for downtown. Its about time that Bathurst has a bit of good news after such devastation in its downtown as of late. Speaking of this, equipment is on site of the fire in the downtown, operations to clean it all up have begun.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 1:58 AM

can't wait to see if they will find a developper for this prime piece of land, could easily see a 3 story L shapped building that does the corner of king and main, with street level retail and a mix of apartments and offices on the upper floors with parking at the back.

As for the mill site, the interesting thing to see is that it will be linked to downtown by the new waterfront walking trail, this bring a good opportunity to develop the waterfront along the way and create traffic in the area.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrivernb View Post
The word on the street is the owner of Pizza pro has purchased the property to move the pizza place into. If true this will open up the old pizza pro space for lets say......Pita pit...who I'm sure would love the spot. this is all unconfirmed but seems to be the consensus of conversations.
Was confirmed today on max 104.9, the part about the pizza pro going in the old wendy's

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 10:32 PM

Some rumors going on about a Michael's store in Bathurst?
Anyone heard about that?

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumm3r View Post
Some rumors going on about a Michael's store in Bathurst?
Anyone heard about that?
This was confirmed as false. Micheal's confirmed it was posted in error.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 3:47 AM

It was a job posting for a store manager, figured it was some kind of mistake since it was removed the same day.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2016, 3:29 PM

Well looks like the Zenabis project is not dead after all, according to the local federal representative, the project has passed another step, the security one, and says from what he has been told, they will obtain their permit to begin operation, he just does not know when but thinks it could be a matter of weeks.

This project will give an awesome boost to the restigouche region who needs one, they where previously speaking of the first phase who could see 400 jobs and up to a 1000 once at full production. I suspect that it will not be before late spring since Zenabis had rented space for winter storage of vehicles,rv and stuff

http://www.acadienouvelle.com/actual...-dune-reponse/
Could only find the article in french for now

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 1:55 PM

Looks like things are looking for the best for Zenabis, the company took to their Facebook page which had not been updated in over a year stating that they expect positive news from healt canada in the obtention onf their permit anytime this year! They will provide an update mid march.

Awesome news for hard struck restitouche county and campbellton, this could start a new era of developpment for the region.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 2:34 PM

In other news, michaud petroleum got the green light from the rsc 3 planning department, only need green light from environment department to get going. Card lock fueling station, offices and storage facility for other oil and lubricants on the site of the old chaleur mall in Big River.

Also, a variance to the rural plan of South Tetagouche/Saint Anne was made for the construction of a warehouse, would be built in front of the rangers office off rte 180 just outside the Bathurst city limits. No word on possible business at this location.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2016, 4:15 PM

Plaza has asked for a rezoning request for their strip mall behind walmart in Bathurst, plan is to expand the strip mall and add more parking.

Either someone wants a bigger space or something new is coming, there is already two empty spaces in the strip mall.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2016, 3:29 AM

A few good news from the acadian peninsula, acoa is investing close to a million dollars in Jiffy products, this in turn will help them develop new products and production of these products to create 180 new jobs.

http://www.acoa-apeca.gc.ca/eng/Agen...ages/4691.aspx

Also an old fish processing plant in Shippagan, empty since 2004, will most likely see activity again by spring 2017. An unconfirmed company would be in the process of buying the building from the municipality to re-launch operation. This re-opening would create 70 to 100 new jobs.

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/a...l?isAutoPlay=1

I know some of these jobs are most likely seasonal jobs, especially with the fish processing plant but seasonals are better than no jobs at all!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2016, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Plaza has asked for a rezoning request for their strip mall behind walmart in Bathurst, plan is to expand the strip mall and add more parking.

Either someone wants a bigger space or something new is coming, there is already two empty spaces in the strip mall.
I was up in Bathurst this weekend... I'm going to say I don't think someone wants more space but new tenants wanting to move in, and the empty units aren't big enough for em. Not sure how big they can expand to much more then the size of there building though.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2016, 12:46 PM

The rezoning is for a new parcel of land besides the actual strip. I agree, the units they have left are really small and It limit what can move in.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces