HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 3:48 PM

96 Ridout Street - 18s (Approved)

Tricar proposed a 22s apartment at 96 Ridout St back in 2014. Site is vacant and appears to be a staging area for pre-cast concrete slabs for the new Azure Condo downtown. They appear to be focused on building the 2nd condo tower on Sunningdale Rd as excavation work has begun there. Any news if they will move ahead with the Ridout tower?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2017, 5:14 PM

I wonder what ever happened to this project with the site still vacant. Since this is a Tricar project I feel its not the company and has to be the neighbors complaining or something held up with the city.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2017, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserLDN View Post
I wonder what ever happened to this project with the site still vacant. Since this is a Tricar project I feel its not the company and has to be the neighbors complaining or something held up with the city.
I just think they have refocused on other projects like Azure and the new project on York. They have used this site to store building materials etc. I am guessing they will build here eventually.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2017, 10:08 PM

I would agree. They have focused on their Azure, Sunningdale and Byron projects. This project is just waiting on the back burner until the others finish.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2020, 9:34 PM

LFP says rezoning has been approved and site plan submitted

Old Posted Aug 3, 2020, 5:32 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Looks blah. Londonesque.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2020, 11:02 PM

I'd be surprised if Tricar came back to this anytime soon. They are busy with the multi tower project on Sunningdale, water front tower in Sarnia and a multi tower project in Guelph now. They also have their site in Masonville at Richmond and North Centre Rd waiting in the wings.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2020, 2:46 PM

This project will eventually happen for sure - the property/lot must be incredibly valuable. It's a 3 minute walk to the heart of Wortley Village. I live in the neighbourhood... really close to this site actually. I was hoping they'd be condos with higher end finishes. But, it they remain rentals, the building will fill quickly. All the buildings on Ridout and Grand managed by Homestead are close to full (with a waiting list) or close to it. The Old South is pretty popular. But ya... Tricar doesn't seem to be in any rush to start this.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 8:11 PM

Looks like Tricar may be starting this project. Fencing is now up and HCM foundations are on site now with steel girders and drilling tubes for caisson pilings. Would expect the large drilling machine to arrive soon. This is interesting development given they excavated out the pit for their Westmount Estates IV building last fall and have not progressed since. They topped out the 2nd building in Guelph on Gordon St at start of year so maybe that crew and tower crane will be available to work in London now. Could they have three tower cranes going at same time in London? I believe city council had approved this at 22 floors. No recent artist rendering is shown on their website.

https://www.tricar.com/locations/96-ridout/

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 8:45 PM

And she's an ugly one.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 9:54 PM

I wouldn't say it's ugly as opposed to just 'blah'.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 2:14 PM

Piling drilling machine on site now and making good progress with drilling and pouring the caisson pilings along the north end of site.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 2:50 PM

They will have a new design on this building & I believe it is now going to be 18 stories instead of 22.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 7:03 PM

Drilling-Piling machine now gone from site. Excavator has started peeling off the first few feet of soil.

Old Posted May 22, 2021, 3:13 PM

Looks like this has stalled out. No apparent progress in weeks on the excavation and no equipment on site. This makes 2 Tricar buildings that have stalled out. Westmount Estates IV hasn't seen any work onsite since last year.

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 7:55 PM

I was told this is going to be 18 stories and a different design. If that is the case, it would probably have to be approved by the city - so maybe that is where the delay is.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2021, 8:27 PM

Tricar is back with excavators and dump trucks again. They may finally be restarting the excavation of the pit for this project. No artist renders as of yet.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 11:38 AM

More heavy equipment on site now. Looks like large storm water sewer pipes are on site for installation.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 7:35 PM

No work on this project for quite some time now. I walk past it almost everyday and things are at a complete standstill. The previously mentioned sewer piping remain untouched at the very back of the site.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 9:51 PM

Yeah Tricar has done the same with their Westmount Estates IV project. They brought in HCM Foundations to install pilings and excavate out the pit then stopped. Not sure what the issue is. Could be they have no construction crews available due to towers in Sarnia, Guelph and Sunningdale Rd. Or maybe they are waiting on the black hole of bureaucracy at City Hall to approve their site plans and issue building permits. It appears that they are already selling tower 3 up at Sunningdale so I would expect that crew to continue on there until they complete tower 4 in 2024. The Sarnia building will be topping out by years end. So maybe that crew will come back to one of the London sites.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates