HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 7:41 PM

Talking skyscrapers: all i have and know

hi everyone! i'm new here!!! i'm a lover of skyscrapers, like many other of you here i guess
i've thought of this thread like a game, or a virtual encyclopedia of the skyscrapers.
so, the point is, everyone answers to this post, posting images, info and everything he/she has about skyscrapers (their history, future projects etc...)
what do you think?
let's begin

Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 7:56 PM

I'm also a newly registered user but I have read through the forums and looked through the database here before.

I also enjoy just seeing the skyscrapers; the super tall, the uniquely shaped and urban development in general (light rail, metro rail, street cars and other forms of public transit, walkable neighborhoods, etc)

Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 10:08 PM

http://www.structuretone.com/ST/inde...ia,%20PA%20LFD

The Residences at the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia, PA is one of my favorite... I don't know why. I love the simple modern architecture of it.

Info from Wikipedia...

The Residences at The Ritz-Carlton is a luxury residential skyscraper in Center City in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. At 518 feet (158 m), the 48-story skyscraper is the tenth-tallest building in Philadelphia, and the tallest residential tower in the city. The building was erected on the former site of One Meridian Plaza which was seriously damaged by a deadly fire in 1991. One Meridian Plaza was demolished in 1999 and the property was sold by E/R Partners to the Arden Group the next year. Development of the site by the Arden Group, which owns the adjacent Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia, was delayed for years as a result of a feud with rival developer Mariner Commercial Properties. Mariner owned the property 1441 Chestnut Street, which sits south of the Residences at The Ritz-Carlton site and intends to build its own residential tower. The feud began after Arden Group's lead partner Craig Spencer blocked approval of 1441 Chestnut Street because he felt the tower's design would be detrimental to the planned Residences at The Ritz-Carlton tower. This led to several years of dispute between the developers trying to block construction of each others' towers.

After several redesigns, the feud was declared over, and construction on the Residences at The Ritz-Carlton began on May 2, 2006. The blue glass skyscraper opened to residents in January 2009. The Residences at The Ritz-Carlton features 270 condominiums and penthouses, which range in price from US$550,000 to US$12 million. The high-rise also features an underground parking garage, a fitness center, a pool, a restaurant owned by chef Eric Ripert, and a private garden and public plaza called Girard Park.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 10:37 PM

to make this thread more interesting we shall focus most of all on the historical skyscraper as in this forum we have buch of informations about the modern ones, and we don't need them to be repeated.
like, for example, the skyscrapers from the end of the 19th century until 1980 more or less in order to understand the development of the skyscrapers during the years.
as an example i will post construction details, plants, elevations of the Reliance Building in Chicago

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture