HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 3, 2016, 8:39 PM
life is good

Your new office looks great! Love the way it fronts the street(s) and sidewalks ... very well done

Old Posted Mar 3, 2016, 8:44 PM

CCC Toll Plaza

Here's how the CCC toll plaza lanes could be redesigned

http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ss...on_toll_4.html

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 12:12 AM

Not quite development, but still interesting to read. I don't know about y'all but I certainly would love more height on the skyline...though I do agree most people like NOLA's walkability.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...medium=twitter

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 2:53 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
Nice nighttime look for the Swoon building.
Thanks for the kind words you guys! Swoon is the clothing boutique I leased downstairs space to. My offices are on the second floor. So im excited to have a nice workspace, can be motivating!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaWXGuy1208 View Post
Not quite development, but still interesting to read. I don't know about y'all but I certainly would love more height on the skyline...though I do agree most people like NOLA's walkability.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...medium=twitter
I would like to see a few more high-rise buildings myself. Although it was almost a copy of the Trump Chicago design, I do think something sleek and mostly glass and steel would be a great addition to the skyline. Most of our current highrises are dark and bulky - to be expected for offices. I also think that highrises and walkability are not mutually exclusive if done right. Place St. Charles, with its large retail component is conducive to foot traffic. There are still a few prime sites available, and I hope we'll see more high-rise development as the last major historic renovations/conversions move forward

Old Posted Mar 4, 2016, 4:48 PM
-

Catahoula Hotel:

http://www.catahoulahotel.com/

This is very cool : New Orleans has three hotels on this list!

http://fathomaway.com/postcards/scen...-opening-2016/

Lyft Launched in Nola today as well:

Get Lyft. 5 free rides up to 10$

https://lyft.com/id/JACK406833

Last edited by tennis1400; Mar 4, 2016 at 6:53 PM.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 5:04 PM

District Donuts coming to Lakeview

Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 7:29 PM
-

The Standard at South Market District moving ahead. Some new renderings from application with city below!

Hotel 1630 at 1630 Canal Street:

Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 7:55 PM

It seems bizarre that they did not start the Standard sooner. It looks like the start of construction will occur right as leasing and move-ins for the Beacon are beginning. Who would want to move into a place right next to a major construction site? Of course they seem to have no problem filling units.

It will be interesting to see what is planned for the final block.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2016, 4:08 PM
-

Photos taken yesterday 3/5/16:

The Pythian:

Dave and Busters:

Joie de Vivre:

Okeefe Garage:

Catahoula Hotel:

NOPSI Hotel:

The Beacon:

Ace Hotel:

Trimwork at 201 South Villere:

Last edited by tennis1400; Mar 6, 2016 at 4:20 PM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2016, 6:50 AM

Thanks for the updated pictures. So much development going on that it's hard to keep track of it.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 3:05 AM

No doubt about it now, Dave & Buster's at Poydras/Loyola is going vertical:

Kurt Vonnegut

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 5:10 AM

^ That picture doesn't show. You may have to change your settings to make it publicly viewable.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 2:48 PM
-

Heres some I took yesterday of dave and busters:

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 3:22 PM

Six Flags/Jazzland

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...rt_river_index
City government seems to not at all be interested in this property and any new ideas seem to be more along the lines of strip malls. If the IDB decides to sell, it could at least allow other companies to take over and return Jazzland. Since the closure of AstroWorld in Houston, there are literally no amusement parks from Atlanta to San Antonio (except small ones and, of course, Blue Bayou/Dixie Landing). I think this would be a prime opportunity for a development team to redevelop this park! I know it's not in the perfect location, but come on. However, if the city decides to keep the property, I certainly feel that there will be no amusement park option, seeing as they always fight that idea. I really do not get this city's fixation on turning it into a strip mall! There's plenty of land surrounding it to build that if the city really wants to. Why is this park the only option available? And if the city is trying to be a more "family friendly" location, why not start with a theme park? I don't think we need to turn into a Disney, but at least give us options...

Last edited by NolaWXGuy1208; Mar 9, 2016 at 3:35 PM.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 4:12 PM

Dave and Busters: Is it just me or have we seen an updated rendering (with green walls etc) that is different than the sign that is up at the construction site?

Benson Tower: Anyone know what is going on in the old first floor department store/close LSU health clinic in the base of Benson tower? I see a big "Woodward" sign up and some activity there.

JetBlue announces non-stop to Fort Lauderdale! Great news for connections on to the Caribbean and Latin America. http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ollywood-Plans

Also, comes a day after Allegiant announced a new non-stop to Tulsa. Very random, but all traffic is positive and a new non-stop is always welcome. No one can argue that the airport is being VERY well managed in terms of attracting new service in the last few years.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 4:23 PM
NOLA Razorback

The Dave and Busters renderings on that sign look terrible compared to the old ones...
Construction is moving forward at that large old warehouse in the quarter on Burgundy and Iberville! I believe apartments are whats going in? That should help out that block immensely.
Also, does anyone know why the main street in front of the WWII museum is fenced off from traffic?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 5:04 PM

Nick's Bar returning to Tulane Ave.

another addition to the total transformation of Tulane Ave.

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...train_bar.html

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 6:14 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternSon View Post
Dave and Busters: Is it just me or have we seen an updated rendering (with green walls etc) that is different than the sign that is up at the construction site?

Benson Tower: Anyone know what is going on in the old first floor department store/close LSU health clinic in the base of Benson tower? I see a big "Woodward" sign up and some activity there.

JetBlue announces non-stop to Fort Lauderdale! Great news for connections on to the Caribbean and Latin America. http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ollywood-Plans

Also, comes a day after Allegiant announced a new non-stop to Tulsa. Very random, but all traffic is positive and a new non-stop is always welcome. No one can argue that the airport is being VERY well managed in terms of attracting new service in the last few years.
The finished product is different than the original renderings we saw. No green walls! and I think the ticker is gone but I dont know for sure !

Benson Tower permit says expanded space for new offices. Im guessing Ochsner is taking over all that old medical space to make into offices.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 6:15 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
The Dave and Busters renderings on that sign look terrible compared to the old ones...
Construction is moving forward at that large old warehouse in the quarter on Burgundy and Iberville! I believe apartments are whats going in? That should help out that block immensely.
Also, does anyone know why the main street in front of the WWII museum is fenced off from traffic?
THE dday museum is completely rebuilding higgins in front of the museum. Going to look really nicewhen done!

945 Magazine St, 923 Magazine St, 933 Magazine St, 525 Andrew Higgins ·Stormwater Management · Project #SW001-16 ·Ref Code: 2ASKJN
Download (8) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Stormwater Management
Applicant:
National D-Day Museum Foundation Inc
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
1/11/2016 2:35:01 PM
Closed:
No
Description
SMP for a new pedestrian plaza and the reconstruction of Andrew Higgens Blvd adjacent to the WWII Museum

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations