HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 6:43 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPonyTime View Post
Toronto is a market that is concerned with its image. Why do you think the Blue Jays suddenly became the talk of the town when they became good? It was cool again to be seen wearing a Jays hat, where for twenty years it was embarrassing.

Throw MLSE's media savvy behind the Argos and you can definitely get them past their current image of being a game for old white men from the suburbs. And yes, if Drake supported them there would be people from Toronto who would give them a look. Don't kid yourself.
It's not anymore concerned with its image as any other Canadian market and a fair number of US markets. I would even boldly say Toronto is one of the least concerned with image out of the Canadian markets well known to me. Your analogy doesn't fly. No one likes paying to watch a team going nowhere. That has nothing to with image. The Yankees couldn't draw flies in the late 80s, early 90s either.

That's why the constant whining over Torontonians being embarrassed with the CFL is freaking funny. First. The league can survive without Toronto. Second. There simply aren't very many true fans of the game in Toronto. The stadium is also in the wrong place.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada