HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Feb 19, 2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHalifax View Post
Off topic and off your r__k_r.
Walmart is not bankrupt and far from it and to even speculate such BS is beyond credibility

Old Posted Feb 19, 2016, 3:14 AM

A.W. Leil's 500 ton mobile crane with the massive lufting jib was on site at the mall today. Not sure what they are going to be doing with it but it is some impressive to see.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2016, 12:48 PM

Looked like an air handling unit. They seem to be using this crane as their jack-of-all-trades crane. It's a nice sight to see around.

Aw Leil Facebook - Many other great pic there, including the same crane putting up the Alexander crane.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2016, 10:55 AM

It's been reported Kiehl’s will open this summer, first location east of Boston/Montreal.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2016, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
It's been reported Kiehl’s will open this summer, first location east of Boston/Montreal.
Good, good. Like to see Hali making these strides.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 1:43 AM

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 11:28 AM

The new third level (lowest) food court opens early may.

Quote:
TERRACE GRAND OPENING!

http://prettygreathsc.com/posts/terrace-grand-opening

In early May 2016, Halifax Shopping Centre will unveil a brand new food court known as Terrace, which will take the mall dining experience to an entirely new level of style for Atlantic Canada.

The 30,000+/- square foot eatery is located on a completely remodelled third level of the shopping centre. Floor-to-ceiling glass will allow sunshine to flood the contemporary space, while a natural gas fireplace surrounded by inviting soft seating will add the perfect touch of coziness.

Terrace will include a new westerly entrance leading directly into the food court, preceded by a 1,000+/- square foot open-air patio perfect for dining and enjoying the fresh Nova Scotia air on.

With a selection of 13 unique food vendors, Terrace will have something to tempt the palate of every guest. The expansive dining hall will offer extensive seating options, including family-sized tables, ensuring a comfortable meal for our shoppers. Additional amenities will include spacious, sleek new washrooms, and a customized nursing lounge. A brand new elevator and set of escalators will allow for easy access to the upper levels of the shopping centre.

Designed to give visitors an appetizing and enjoyable dining experience, Terrace is the perfect blend of style and comfort. Bon appétit!

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 12:15 PM

I'm having difficulty visualizing where this is and how it relates to the shops in the renderings above.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 12:48 PM

From retales:
Hopefully that helps.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 1:12 PM

^I was just about to post the same image.

The twitter photo looks like it was taken with the Apple Store on the right and naturalizer on the left.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 2:03 PM

These are some shots I got a couple days ago:

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 2:42 PM

The loss of the circular domed plaza and escalators is unfortunate. I do not see how one gets from level to level in those schematics. I haven't been there in over a year though except for one quick visit to Sears that I did not go beyond.

Looking at the photo above, is there a planned 4th level above? I am still not getting what they were trying to accomplish here.

Last edited by Keith P.; Mar 26, 2016 at 3:05 PM.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
Looking at the photo above, is there a planned 4th level above? I am still not getting what they were trying to accomplish here.
I guess those are the "two new large two level stores" highlighted in the last floorplan above.

Anyone have a larger version of those plans? I'm curious what all those tunnels are.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 6:06 PM

Keith has a valid point here. It's less "re-configured" than I would have first thought. Aside from pushing down the food-court into the unused space that was once the bowling lanes and re-purposing the food court space for a few more retail stores, the only other substantive change is the addition of a couple of 2 story (still not sure if that means two actual levels, or just lofted space) retail offerings. And a whole lot of cosmetic change of course, with new skylights, etc. They must have some major tenants lined up for those double-height spots, otherwise it seems like quite the waste of $80M.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 9:29 PM

I'm not a fashion customer like those that now HSC pursues, but I would endure going there occasionally for things like a new watch battery at Halifax Watch Co. up by the old food court. It is difficult to read the schematics posted but it looks like they are gone, probably along with a number of other small retailers. A shame if so, I hope they find a new home.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I'm not a fashion customer like those that now HSC pursues, but I would endure going there occasionally for things like a new watch battery at Halifax Watch Co. up by the old food court. It is difficult to read the schematics posted but it looks like they are gone, probably along with a number of other small retailers. A shame if so, I hope they find a new home.
HWC still has an outlet at Mic Mac Mall.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2016, 1:50 AM
Dartmouth Girl

Quote:
There's this wonderful thing called Amazon...

Old Posted Mar 28, 2016, 4:06 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaliStreaks View Post
Amazon is an abomination. If you want your city to grow and flourish, shop local!!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2016, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaliStreaks View Post
No, the reason I liked HWC is that I could give them my watch and they would handle getting the back off, determining the type of battery needed, supply same, reassemble and set the correct time all in less than 5 minutes. A useful service at modest cost.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2016, 2:10 PM

Quote:
No, the reason I liked HWC is that I could give them my watch and they would handle getting the back off, determining the type of battery needed, supply same, reassemble and set the correct time all in less than 5 minutes. A useful service at modest cost.
Yes, I use them for that purpose as well, typically after I have 2 or 3 dead watches...

They also have a good selection of watch straps as I tend to keep my watches going for 10 - 20 years as it turns out. By the time my watch is done I've spent more on replacement batteries and straps than I did on the original purchase price of the watch.

I go to their shop at Mic Mac Mall for this service now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth