HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 3:01 AM

For larger images, follow the image link and remove the l immediately before the .jpg.

The Mark rising in the background:

Midtown:

CODA:

Portman’s Anthem ph2:

Novel O4W:

Star Metals residential:

Star Metals office:

The Interlock:

Osprey:

Theory West Midtown in the rear:

Memorial drive condos/townhomes, Modera Reynoldstown, Atlanta Dairies:

Random crane over glenwood Park?

Randolph & Irwin townhomes & office:

Airline St condos:

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 3:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post

Random crane over glenwood Park?

Great photos. There is a 4 story apartment building at the Beltline and bill Kennedy way. I was in town this weekend and saw it- they have the cement first floor done and have a good portion of the wood framing on top done

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
Well, would you rather Atlantic Station pull a "Dewberry" and do absolutely nothing while waiting on the perfect opportunity to built a canyon of highrises?

I would much rather see Atlantic Station reinvent itself and provide what the market will bare right now, instead of playing the wait-in-see game.

Atlanta is witnessing the reinvention of several 'destination' places: Colony Square, Underground, Atlantic Station, Centennial Olympic Park, The Gulch, Peachtree Center, and Philps Plaza.

I think the addition of 3 smaller hotels will reinvigorate the foot traffic at Atlantic Station. Taller hotels would be great, but apparently, the market dictates otherwise.
I agree. 17th street, with all it's towers adding to the skyline, is the weakest link for the pedestrian experience at Atlantic Station. This project could go a long way to activating the street experience. The three corporate towers to the east have unfortunately failed in that regard, though they are nice enough to look at from the highway.

I think Atlantic Yards may not be successful from a pedestrian point of view because it looks like the entry sequence turns it's back on 17th street. I'm glad they're filling the missing teeth, though.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 12:52 PM

Thanks a lot for the updates, Street Advocate!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
Great photos. There is a 4 story apartment building at the Beltline and bill Kennedy way. I was in town this weekend and saw it- they have the cement first floor done and have a good portion of the wood framing on top done
This is the development: http://avilare.com/915glenwood

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 2:28 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
Yes, and this development sits immediately adjacent to the Beltline as it heads south of Glenwood, and which at present is gravel-surfaced.

I wonder what the plan for the Beltline is along the short stretch of Glenwood from it's present terminus at the south border of the Fuqua KroBar development to point described above, a distance of about 400 FT.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_J View Post
This is the development: http://avilare.com/915glenwood
Aha, thank you. I had been wondering if it was this development or the infill at glenwood Park.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
Yes, and this development sits immediately adjacent to the Beltline as it heads south of Glenwood, and which at present is gravel-surfaced.

I wonder what the plan for the Beltline is along the short stretch of Glenwood from it's present terminus at the south border of the Fuqua KroBar development to point described above, a distance of about 400 FT.
The old sand factory?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 5:35 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjhajek View Post
The old sand factory?
yes...this is the development immediately west of Glenwood Green, and east of the future beltline. SE corner of Glenwood Ave and BKW, across the street from Snap Fitness.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 8:36 PM

Have any of y'all been having a virus add that pops up on this website. This is the only website I have problems on, all others are fine.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric 0_0 View Post
Have any of y'all been having a virus add that pops up on this website. This is the only website I have problems on, all others are fine.
Yes, but only on my phone, not when I use my desktop.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Yes. one offering a one time gift card - the usual pfishing and also an annoying notice to update adobe flash -- pains in the A

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 9:21 PM

Quote:
No issues since I started using an ad blocker.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
Yes. one offering a one time gift card - the usual pfishing and also an annoying notice to update adobe flash -- pains in the A
I believe you should be able to resolve this with installing a free ad-blocker (I use ad-blocker pro) or just by turning off javascript in the internet browser app itself.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 9:55 PM

Yes, I can no longer go directly to this site on my iPhone. I have to google it, then get into it that way. Only site that does this.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 2:34 AM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
Yes, I can no longer go directly to this site on my iPhone. I have to google it, then get into it that way. Only site that does this.
On Chrome App for iphone you can avoid the gift card popups by adding the “s” after http, as in https://forum.skyscraperpage.com. Save that as a bookmark and you’re good to go.

Probably works on other mobile browsers. I just haven’t tested it.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 3:10 AM

I’ve done the s trick and only works for a couple days even in Chrome. Then it starts doing same as Safari with the pop ups

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 4:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daharris80 View Post
On Chrome App for iphone you can avoid the gift card popups by adding the “s” after http, as in https://forum.skyscraperpage.com. Save that as a bookmark and you’re good to go.

Probably works on other mobile browsers. I just haven’t tested it.
Sounds like something this site needs to get fixed. We shouldn't be having to install work-arounds just to be able to visit the site. Just my $.02.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 6:00 AM

Thanks for those photos, Street Advocate. The transformation of the southern part of Reynoldstown along Memorial Drive is one of the most mind-boggling changes I've seen since I moved to Atlanta.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
yes...this is the development immediately west of Glenwood Green, and east of the future beltline. SE corner of Glenwood Ave and BKW, across the street from Snap Fitness.
Doesn’t this project have a road the parallels the SST? I’m not sure how developers are still getting away with that.

For those interested in location and acreage, the project site is visible in google maps.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations