HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 7:28 PM

Crescent Heights North (NEMA) Market & 9th Streets - April 2013

The 35 story building is now at the same level as my apartment as of April 13, 2013. This is a telephoto from my 27 floor apartment in the Essex Fox Plaza. I have to lean over on my balcony to see this view so I am not losing much of it.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/antinous/8646478172/]

Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 8:42 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

I totally forgot about the construction on 9th Street--that has really gone up quickly.

Jerry--cool photo!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2013, 10:31 PM

I don't think we've seen these before - 1600 Market:

http://brianspiersdevelopment.com/1600Market.html

fimiak has a nice picture of it under construction a page back.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 1:25 AM

1600 Market - fimiak's post - I don't remember seeing this rendition. I really like the red & white - glad to see some color!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 7:16 PM

I'm going to be in the city on Friday, any projects in the north side you guys want me to snap?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 10:56 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Yeah, the new colorful renders are much better than the dull older ones.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 12:21 AM

Really happy to see this project is finally moving forward.

Quote:
Demolition Set to Make Way for Market Street Place Retail Center
POSTED ON APRIL 15, 2013 BY PUBLISHER4 IN NEWS RELEASES

SAN FRANCISCO – Demolition crews are beginning to prepare for construction at the site of what will become Market Street Place, a 250,000-square-foot retail center scheduled to open in 2015.

Market Street Place will be a six-level, urban retail redevelopment project featuring an exterior façade of translucent glass that will serve as a window into the shopping experience inside. A creation by Gensler’s San Francisco architectural team, the design provides for enhanced streetscape improvements around the building, prominent street presence for retailers and a large, open floor plan with clear heights up to 17 feet on the ground floor. The planned interior finishes include natural stone, glass wall systems, stainless steel accent finishes, progressive lighting, and creative art installations to foster a welcoming environment for the diverse community
Source and article: http://news.theregistrysf.com/demoli...retail-center/

And some new renderings:

Source and more renderings: http://marketstreetplace.com/

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 1:52 AM
She needs her space

^^^The barricades are already up and the building is physically under redevelopment. Very exciting project, pushing gentrification further up Market.

There has been a flurry of recent leasing activity on Market, pushing almost that far up, but the retail under 901 Market (next door) is still vacant (hoping it's just because retailers don't want to open before the construction clears up next to them).

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
^^^The barricades are already up and the building is physically under redevelopment. Very exciting project, pushing gentrification further up Market.

There has been a flurry of recent leasing activity on Market, pushing almost that far up, but the retail under 901 Market (next door) is still vacant (hoping it's just because retailers don't want to open before the construction clears up next to them).
Nordstrom Rack is taking over 901 Market:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...201423241.html

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 2:07 AM
She needs her space

Thanks (I knew Rack was coming and paid no attention to the articles about where...you prevented me from sounding like an idiot in front of others...thanks!) Speaking of Nordstrom...went into their location this weekend for the first time at Westfield next door and it's insanely huge...with curvy escalators

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 2:20 AM

Quote:
you prevented me from sounding like an idiot in front of others...thanks!
No problem!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
I don't think we've seen these before - 1600 Market:

http://brianspiersdevelopment.com/1600Market.html

fimiak has a nice picture of it under construction a page back.
I don't like it. Looks cheap.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post

Mid-market has been a piece of sh*t, thanks to homeless advocates who wants to keep it in poverty state. Yay for gentrification.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 5:17 PM
Build Baby Build

I am happy to be able to photograph this stretch. Mid-Market is the strangest development frontier I have ever seen - a stretch of waste that is localized within one of the most urban parts of the country and city. Mid-Market's transformation is going to be recorded on this site for everyone to see.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 9:04 PM

Nice to see some updates from the Market Street Place developers (their website hadn't been updated in 9 months). I first noticed that the scaffolding on Market Street was being set up a week or two ago. I hope it makes a lasting difference for Mid-Market.

In other news, we have word that the massive 55 Laguna project will begin construction within 90 days:

Quote:
Atlanta-based Wood Partners plans to begin construction on a $140 million Hayes Valley apartment complex at 55 Laguna St. in San Francisco in the next 90 days.

The national multifamily developer and landlord, which is majority owned by Los Angeles’ CBRE Global Investors, expects to invest $140 million in the 330-unit endeavor.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv94117 View Post
I don't like it. Looks cheap.
It IS cheap. It's the below-market-rate component of Arquitectonica-designed 1998 Market. It was scaled back from original plans to the current 4 floors of wood frame over concrete and glass ground floor.

That said, I like it. Nice proportions, nice addition.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 11:08 PM

Kilroy Realty Corporation Breaks Ground on 350 Mission Street Office Tower

Quote:
Kilroy Realty Corporation (NYSE: KRC) today announced its chief executive officer John Kilroy, Jr., San Francisco Mayor Edwin Lee and salesforce.com chief operating officer George Hu joined shovels today to break ground on San Francisco’s first new LEED Platinum tower at 350 Mission Street. Kilroy Realty’s sleek glass and concrete office tower is located at the corner of Mission and Fremont Streets, immediately across the street from the city’s new Transbay Transit Center and Millennium Tower.
http://www.fortmilltimes.com/2013/04...on-breaks.html

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 12:33 AM

Have the previous buildings already been torn down to make way for the Market Street Place? I'm confused as to what the scaffolding is you guys are talking about.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
Have the previous buildings already been torn down to make way for the Market Street Place? I'm confused as to what the scaffolding is you guys are talking about.
No, the old buildings are still there. I'll try to explain it. For months, there's been this barricade banner wrap in front of the buildings. In the last week or two, they moved that out towards the street about 10-15 feet, and put up some scaffolding in front of the barricade near the edge of the sidewalk where it meets the street. So, they've closed off most of the sidewalk in front of those buildings for construction.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 7:08 AM
testify

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanakorn View Post
It IS cheap. It's the below-market-rate component of Arquitectonica-designed 1998 Market. It was scaled back from original plans to the current 4 floors of wood frame over concrete and glass ground floor.

That said, I like it. Nice proportions, nice addition.

yeah, the old saitowitz design (above) would have done a lot more for the street and area, but i guess i'm just so glad to see it built that i can't help but like it, and the color really helps, very rare in sf, as i guess we all know.

as for the 55 laguna, great news! i hope those housing non profits can get their portion of the money together (last i heard, they were still 15-18 million short) and we can get all 420 units built out in tandem.

now just the safeway lots and a few more service stations...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations