HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Hamilton Photos

Old Posted Jun 14, 2011, 2:19 AM

Art Crawl Pics

A forumer friend and I from Toronto, as well as another friend made it out to the James North Art Crawl last Friday.
Sadly no one from Hamilton or anywhere else on this forum that lives in the area had an interest in making the Art Crawl a little forum evening meet. And I think that is just sad that the people from the GTHA do not get together on a regular basis to celebrate amazing events like this.

But anyway that a side, the transformation of James North is just amazing.
This was the busiest Art Crawl I have been to, and I have been to a number of the James North Art Crawls. The new cafe is great, and the restoration of the buildings on James is just amazing.

I snapped some photos, so here you go.

The lady who runs this place needs an attitude check. She came running out because I took a picture of her store from a public sidewalk.

BBQing on the street.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2011, 11:53 AM

Awesome!

Thanks, Mike! Hope you had a good time.
Did you notice any changes since your last visit?
Anything catch your eye?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 9:32 PM

To anyone who says Hamilton is dead.. let's count our lucky stars our events aren't as ridiculous as Toronto's!

Was at Taste of Lil Italy (College St's Lil Italy, not that weird St Clair Lil Italy lol) this weekend, and lemme tell you how frustrating it was!
-Long lineups for EVERYTHING (from pulled pork to gelato to Italian flags)
-2hr wait for food if you get a chance to sit in a resto
-Street so busy with pedestrians, could not even walk thru (despite it being the whole street that's blocked to traffic)

I've also noticed similar occurrences at Taste of Danforth and Buskerfest (thouugh Buskerfest was a much, much smaller venue [St Lawrence Market]).

Hamilton's events are great b/c there are lots of ppl, yet not too many. And chances are you're going to run into ppl you know!
Toronto events are frustrating. Tiring. Over-corporatized!
..but I still can't for the 2011 TD-MasterCard Toronto.com Pride Torjan Condoms Extravaganza!
Maybe they should move it to BMO/Acura-Queen's Park! I think the Church-Wellesly-Wet Lubricant Village is getting a lil busy LMAO!!!

Old Posted Jun 20, 2011, 1:28 PM

Speaking of other festivals, holy crap parking at Sound Of Music was frustrating. Other than that though, it was a great time. I saw a few good bands at the smaller stage, a couple of washed up, past their prime bands on the main stage (just like Festival of Friends), and got some delicious sausage on a bun. Good work Burlington.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2011, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgrande View Post
Speaking of other festivals, holy crap parking at Sound Of Music was frustrating. Other than that though, it was a great time. I saw a few good bands at the smaller stage, a couple of washed up, past their prime bands on the main stage (just like Festival of Friends), and got some delicious sausage on a bun. Good work Burlington.
Parking was an issue 5+ years ago, last time I went, and will continue to be.

I heard Hollerado were great live? Can't wait for Edgefest!!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Hamilton Photos