HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 6:38 AM

Early Assistance has been requested by C2K Architecture for a project at 1335 SE Stark St:

Quote:
Demolition of existing building and development of a new 4-story, 39-unit, mixed-use apartment building with 12 parking spaces.
Additions to a buiding at 2033 SE Clinton St have been submitted for building permit review by BAMA Architecture & Design:

Quote:
Addition 4 story plus basement: two retail spaces on ground floor; two 3 level townhouse apartments above
A project at 8852 SE Ellis St has been submitted for building permit review by Mentrum Architecture:

Quote:
Construct new 12 unit apratment buidling 3 story.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Oct 3, 2016, 7:17 PM

Notice of a Type II Proposal for Woodie Guthrie Place at 5808/5728 SE 91st Avenue.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 7:49 PM

A building permit was issued to Mackenzie for the renovation of the Iron Fireman building at 4784 SE 17th Ave:

Quote:
Core and shell build out of 78,246 SF of 108,066 SF building; 2 exterior steel exit discharge stairs, 1 new exit access stair, new entrance stair and ramp. Add interior walls to create 10 new tenant spaces, lobby area, common restrooms, bike storage area; voluntary seismic upgrade. No occupancy this permit. Separate tenant improvement permits required.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 5:44 AM

A project at 1904 SE Tacoma St has been submitted for building permit review by Mentrum Architecture:

Quote:
New six plex apartment building with onsite parking
A building permit was issued for a project at 2350 SE 37th Ave (formerly 3701 SE Caruthers):

Quote:
New 4 story 30 unit apartment building with (1) retail space on ground floor. Site improvements and flow-through planter.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 4:57 AM

Retail off of Division

A building permit was issued for a project at 2350 SE 37th Ave (formerly 3701 SE Caruthers):[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see what retail goes in a block off of Division.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 6:33 AM

I keep meaning to check this out.

Quote:
Construction all wrapped up on a project uniting old and new in Westmoreland (Photos)

Portland's Waechter Architects had a unique challenge put before it: Design something new and contemporary right next to a 1929 Spanish Colonial Revival-style building in Westmoreland — and make it look like it's just where it's supposed to be.

The result is Milwaukie Way, a slim, two-building infill project at 6637 S.E. Milwaukie Ave. right next to that 1929 building, which was once a funeral home and currently houses Relish Gastropub. The two new buildings, which offer ground-level retail space and second-story offices, stretch back from Milwaukie Avenue in an L shape that wraps around the backside of the Spanish building.
...continues at the Portland Business Journal.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Mike's Drive-In, Longtime Sellwood Burger Joint, May be Demolished for Apartments

Old-school burger restaurant, Mike's Drive-In in Sellwood, is in the planning stages to be demolished and replaced with a 78 unit apartment building. Mike's small local franchise started in 1971, and now has three locations: Milwaukie, Oregon City, and the Sellwood restaurant which opened in 1986, replacing what was then an A&W drive-in. Famous for their burgers and milkshakes, the Sellwood location does a brisk business, especially in the summertime—however, according to the owners addressing closure rumors on Facebook, they could be forced to shut down as soon as January 2017. From Mike's:
...continues at the Portland Mercury.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 7:50 PM

Quote:
PDC ready to break ground on mixed-use project in Lents

It's been a few years in the making — and has traded hands over time, as well — but a mixed-use project spearheaded by the Portland Development Commission will officially break ground this weekend in Lents.

Known simply as 9101 Foster, the project will include 54 apartments, including 16 that are affordable, and 9,000 square feet of ground-floor retail space.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 12:07 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post

It turned out to be a cool little development, though last time I was over there, it was mostly vacant still, so I imagine once it fills with businesses, it will be a great addition to that neighborhood.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 12:49 AM

Early Assistance has been requested by Urban Development Group for a project at 1637 SE Nehalem St:

Quote:
Proposal is for a new apartment building with 61 units and 17 parking spaces.
Early Assistance has been requested by Urban Development Group for a project at 1335 SE Hawthorne Blvd:

Quote:
Proposal is for a new apartment building 39 units & 7 parking spaces.
A building permit was issued to Hacker architects for 9101 Foster:

Quote:
4 story mixed use development with ground floor retail and 3 floors of apartments

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 7:03 PM

Notice Of A Type II Decision for Oliver Station at 9202 SE Foster.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 4:25 AM

Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 5419 SE Woodstock Blvd:

Quote:
2 New, 2-story multi-family building.
Early Assistance has been requested by Hacker Architects for a project at 3325 SE Division St:

Quote:
Demo existing structure and build a new 26,000 sq ft multi-family building.
Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 3035 SE 92nd Ave:

Quote:
Proposal is to build a 30 unit apartment building. Existing residence will be demolished.
A Pre-Application Conference has been scheduled to discuss a project at 2537 SE 13th Ave:

Quote:
Request to change zoning from R2 to R1, to accommodate a 4-unit condo project.
A project at 2212 SE Lambert St has been submitted for building permit review by EPR Design:

Quote:
Construct new 3 story (5) unit apartment building with tucked under garages; associated site work
A project at 1428 SE 19th Ave has been submitted for building permit review by Allusa Architecture:

Quote:
New construction of 3 story building with rooftop deck 13 residential units 8 (R2) 5407sf, 5(R1) 1703sf. 8 commercial unit 2(M) 510sf and 5(B) 770sf

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 2:27 PM
Submarine de Nucléar

Quote:

Is a really nice project. I love the design, the materials are interesting. Natural light and the functional urban design are a big plus. Check out the coffee shop!

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 8:10 PM

Two weeks ago

Early Assistance has been requested by Koz Development for a project at SE 13th and Ankeny:

Quote:
New 4-story apartment building with approximately 80 units.
Early Assistance has been requested by TVA Architects for a project at 1631 SE Reedway St:

Quote:
New 3 story multi family apartment building
Woodie Guthrie Place at 5728 SE 91st Ave has been submitted for building permit review by Carleton Hart Architects:

Quote:
New 4-story, 68-unit building
A project at 1611 SE Bybee Blvd has been submitted for building permit review by Kevin Cooley Architect:

Quote:
Construct one story mixed use building, includes 2 tenant spaces with restrooms, unit 105 includes trash and sprinkler room, new residential unit at rear of building with live/work area, includes associated site work
A building permit was issued for the Lennox Apartments at 5151 SE Holgate Blvd (formerly 4455 SE 52nd Ave):

Quote:
New mixed use building, ground floor retail, 64 units, on-site parking, landscaping and utilities
Last week

Early Assistance has been requested by Works Progress Architecture for a project at 1944 SE Tacoma St:

Quote:
Consolidate tax lots and build a new multi-family building (12 dwelling units)
A building permit was issued to Studio 3 Architecture for a project at 3605 SE 38th Ave (formerly 3730 SE Powell Blvd):

Quote:
Construct new 3 story (30 unit) apartment building with associated site work and detached trash enclosure less than 120 sq ft.
This week

Early Assistance has been requested by Waechter Architecture for a project at 1610 SE Tolman St:

Quote:
Construction of a new Commercial Mixed Use building to share a site with existing Dairy Queen drive through restaurant.
Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 3249 SE Division St:

Quote:
Proposal is for a five story building consisting of four floors of residential units a top ground floor retail and vehicle parking. 19 parking spaces and one loading bay are proposed.
A project at 7707 SE Alder St has been submitted for building permit review:

Quote:
Construction of new 6 plex building, 3 story, includes site utilities, detached trash enclosure is less than 120 sf
A project at 2027 SE Harold St has been submitted for building permit review:

Quote:
Construct new 3 story (4) unit apartment building with associated site work
A building permit was issued for a project at 4405 SE Belmont St (previously 4335 SE Belmont St):

Quote:
New 4 story, 63 unit apartment building with onsite parking, site utilities and landscaping

Old Posted Nov 24, 2016, 12:49 AM

I'm puzzled at how 3249 Division plans to do 5 stories. I don't think there's enough elevation change at the rear of that lot to get the extra height. Perhaps they're planning to apply after Feb. 1 under whatever Inclusionary Zoning rules get adopted. Or, they'll have basement units? Basement parking? Basement retail?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2016, 1:01 AM

The recommended draft of the IZ program doesn't show any height increases. Maybe all the tenants will be LesterCorp employees?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
The recommended draft of the IZ program doesn't show any height increases. Maybe all the tenants will be LesterCorp employees?
My mistake. Yes IZ does not include the 5th story bonuses that are planned in the MUZ regulations coming in 2018. So, for one year, you can get 4:1 FAR, but have no place to put it.

Best guess on 3249 Division is they'll gain 4 or 5 feet from a rear-of-site measurement, and sink the first "floor" underground by 4 feet. I look forward to what they'll present to the Richmond Neighborhood, probably in the next month.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 8:26 PM

Early Assistance has been requested by Steelhead Architecture for a project at 6112 SE Foster Rd:

Quote:
Change of use from market & office to a restaurant & brewery.
Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 5004 SE Woodward St:

Quote:
Proposal is to build a 30 unit apartment building with convenience store on ground floor. Existing structures to be demolished.
A project at 1624 SE Insley St has been submitted for building permit review by Mentrum Architecture:
Quote:
New 12 Unit 3 Story Apartment Building.
A project at 5045 SE Foster Rd has been submitted for building permit review by Scott Edwards Architecture:

Quote:
New mixed use project, 4 stories, 33 apartment units over ground floor retail, with roof deck and associated site work.
A project at 2310 SE Hawthorne Blvd has been submitted for building permit review by LRS Architects:

Quote:
New four story mixed use building; 59 units over ground floor retail and 22 parking stalls
A building permit was issued for a project at 1403 SE Stark St:

Quote:
Partial change of occupancy from S-1 and F-1 to B; shell only; no occupancy this permit; renovation of entire building; reconfigure basement stairs and walls; reconfigure walls on main floor to create future tenant space, mechanical room, garbage room; new entry patio; remove mezzanine; full seismic upgrade to current code OSSC standard.
A building permit was issued for a project at 1805 SE Madison St:

Quote:
New (12) unit 3 story apartment building with parking garage and courtyard

Old Posted Dec 10, 2016, 4:53 AM

Early Assistance has been requested by TVA Architects for a project at 2880 SE Division St:

Quote:
4-story mixed-use multi-family apartment project with ground floor leasable space, lobby, MEP/Utility/Service space, and three elevated apartment floor levels (combo of studio and one-bedroom units for a total of 67 units). Onsite surface parking will be provided. They may need an adjustment to parking stall width.
Early Assistance has been requested by Oh Planning + Design for a project at Kellogg Middle School

Quote:
Redevelopment of middle school (Kellogg Middle School), either by new addition and renovations – or replacement of 100,000+ sq ft school.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2016, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Early Assistance has been requested by William Wilson Architects for a project at 2502 SE 29th Ave:

Quote:
New four story, 50 unit apartment building with basement garage and ground floor retail.
The 2502 SE 29th project by Path Development (Division and 29th), as well as the 3319-3325 Division mixed use building, will both be presented and discussed at a Richmond Neighborhood Association land use meeting, Dec. 19, 7-9 PM, at 3300 SE Woodward. It sounds like the folks doing 3249 SE Division have been invited also but not confirmed.

Last edited by maccoinnich; Dec 11, 2016 at 8:31 PM. Reason: Fixed formatting

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland