HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 6:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalleyboy View Post
I agree with you. My grandparents live in a small village called nakusp its only a like a little over 1500 people there yet they have a few multi use paths. Infact one is along the lake there. It would be nice for them to be able to get money come in to put towards upkeep of it
Is that not the problem though? For 1500 people if every working person(assuming half work) put in $200 per year via carbon taxes then that still only equals to $150,000. About the wage of one trades men and some basic tools and supplies for a year, that aint going to build you anything. As far as Vanderhoof goes I stopped there last spring and the place is tiny in the middle of no where, literally, its pretty hard to compare it to Norway that still has pretty high density in its populated southern region(assuming thats where you were talking about). That and Norway actually drills for oil and pipes it out to sell it, and they get all the money they need for what ever project they want. Maybe when BC taps their offshore oil wealth and pipes the stuff out to the highest bidder we can have a bike path and side walk along every road, and a hospital in every town.

By the way who doesnt drive in these places? Unless your a kid or a drunk drug addict who hasnt been banished out to Vancouver yet you need a car. You cant live in these places without a car, and using it to go everywhere and do everything.

But my point is to just give them the money and they can use it in the most efficient way.

Last edited by cornholio; Apr 17, 2012 at 4:27 PM. Reason: added(assuming half work)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure