HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer16 View Post
atlanta, It's not set in stone, but, I believe the plan is to leave a bus lane (or two, if they decide the vehicles should be able to move east and west) and replace the parking area with green space. I know that the BOT wants the fascade on that side of the library to match the more traditional look on the Quad side (something similar to the renovation of Russell Hall). Most of the renovation of the library will include more modern seating area and computers. In the digital age, large libraries housing books is becoming a dinosaur. A large climate-controlled warehouse is located south of the campus that houses most of the older books and journals. If someone wants to check one out, they just order it, then, it's delivered to the library and ready for pick up the next day. I definitely don't miss the old days as far as that goes. RTR

What a polite, informative post, thank you!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2024, 2:34 PM

Interesting story. I have a buddy who sells real estate on Smith Lake. He had a lady call him and wanted to look for dockable lots on the lake and that she and her husband planned to build a multi-million $$ home The wife said their daughter was a freshmen at Alabama and really loved it and had already decided to attend graduate school, after graduating. She said her husband was a football coach and they have fallen in love with the area and wanted a home base to live off-season. My buddy, an ex-football coach, said her last name was Lombardi. Then, he realized who this was. He asked her, "Is your husband's name Joe?" (Joe Lombardi, the Offensive Coordinator for the Denver Broncos). She said, "Yes". They picked him up at the airport (she came a couple of days earlier to visit their daughter) and spent the day looking at several lots, ranging from $650,000 to $1.2 million. He liked the $1.2 million lot. So, the grandson of Vince Lombardi will be building and moving to Alabama. RTR

Last edited by Packer16; Apr 27, 2024 at 3:47 PM.

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 2:46 PM

A cool story about two out-of-state students meeting at a UA camp, attending UA, developing a relationship, getting married, graduating with bachelor's and master's degrees, then, moving to Birmingham to start their careers.

https://news.ua.edu/2024/04/love-at-...DEzMi40Ni4wLjA.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast