HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Mar 19, 2008, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalminecanary View Post
Thieves have been known to steal guardrails from the road for their scrap metal value too... crazy
Thats ridiculous!

Its like when people still large heavy amounts of scrap copper to get a puny amount of money (-100) Is it really necessary??? or worth it?

Old Posted Mar 19, 2008, 11:16 PM
Closed account

^^ I actually watched a hour-long CBC special about the Vancouver Bait Cars! They're awesome!

And if these stats incl. petty crimes (ie: posession), I can completely understand why Western-Canada would have such high crim rates. Hell, when I was in Kelowna, there were SO many people smoking pot and selling other drugs out in the open in the middle of City Park which is a park/beach RIGHT downtown Kelowna! Nuts!

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 2:35 AM
Hammer'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris k View Post
Thats ridiculous!

Its like when people still large heavy amounts of scrap copper to get a puny amount of money (-100) Is it really necessary??? or worth it?
When you're living on the streets and all you've got is time: yah, it's worth it.

No I've never lived on the streets nor have I done it, but it's easy to see why it's worth it if you look at it from that perspective. The stuff is $3.50/lb right now, doesn't take much of it to bring in $100.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 2:43 AM

The kid in this picture would be happy to collect $5 worth of scrap. He lives in Wallaceburg and makes his way riding his bike around town collecting scrap metal.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 2:57 AM
Closed account

i love that photo. if not for the mountain bike, it could be from a bygone era.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion