HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted May 20, 2007, 4:35 PM

SEATTLE: 2010 Skyline

just go here http://www.urbancondominiums.com/ and at the very top it says cityscape2010...click it. it has a virtual video of what the city will look like with all its proposed highrises. VERY COOL. Seattles looking impressive.

Old Posted May 20, 2007, 4:49 PM

cool

-unknown

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 12:51 AM

Wow, that's a lot of buildings going up in Belltown and the Denny triangle area. My old building on 6th looks dwarfed compared to many of those proposed buildings.

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 1:23 AM

Ooh, nice.
I was overall very pleased and impressed with downtown Seattle, but you guys really need to demolish/relocate that highway and move the port facilities farther away so that your downtown waterfront is a fully public space.

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 1:38 AM

^^ yeah, you know, just demolish I-90. I'm sure the fed will have no problems with that :-P

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 7:20 AM

i thinkhes talking about the aslaskan way viaduct along the water....anyways....im really looking forward to seeing the city beomce so dense!

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 7:45 AM
Crisp and Squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLFuego View Post
Ooh, nice.
I was overall very pleased and impressed with downtown Seattle, but you guys really need to demolish/relocate that highway and move the port facilities farther away so that your downtown waterfront is a fully public space.
The viaduct's days are numbered--well at least they're supposed to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if continuing squabbling between the city and the state pro-longed its demise for another 5, 000 years--by which time an earthquake would have already taken care of it.

Old Posted May 22, 2007, 5:59 PM
Monomania w/ Skyscrapers

^lol... I hope it comes to fruition!

Old Posted May 23, 2007, 5:33 PM
Community Guy

thats very cool....

when i was in seattle off and on from 2002-2004 i was always amazed at how little, relatively speaking, was going on downtown and area.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 9:18 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface View Post
i thinkhes talking about the aslaskan way viaduct along the water....anyways....im really looking forward to seeing the city beomce so dense!
i disagree. i mean sure Seattle needs more population but id rather think of Seattle as the biggest town on Earth rather than a "city"
ive noticed that downtown looks horrible because of all the constrction
maybe if things were kept in balance Seattle would look really nice with buildings and nature side by side but with all those holes in the ground for buildings it looks bad....
i hope that when all these projects are finished they will at least have a plaza or two and there needs to be a law that sates a company trying to build a condo complex should plant a tree for every 4,5, or 6 people that move into the building
sure this will drive away some companies but i think Seattle has enought buildings and projects for now
This is all in MY OPINION!

Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 6:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
i disagree. i mean sure Seattle needs more population but id rather think of Seattle as the biggest town on Earth rather than a "city"
ive noticed that downtown looks horrible because of all the constrction
maybe if things were kept in balance Seattle would look really nice with buildings and nature side by side but with all those holes in the ground for buildings it looks bad....
i hope that when all these projects are finished they will at least have a plaza or two and there needs to be a law that sates a company trying to build a condo complex should plant a tree for every 4,5, or 6 people that move into the building
sure this will drive away some companies but i think Seattle has enought buildings and projects for now
This is all in MY OPINION!
What??

Those "holes in the ground" are simply temporary--they have to be dug out for foundations to be built! I don't think they're ugly at all.

Why would lots of tall buildings in the city centre look bad in a city that's already gone in that direction and gotten so many of them, like most other North American cities? Would you rather that the same projects be built as suburban-style campuses out in North Bend or Maple Valley or Covington where farmland, wetlands, and forests used to be? Jesus. People need to change their lifestyle habits. Obviously it makes sense to concentrate as much development as possible in a city that already exists, with an infrastructure that is already installed. How would this be a bad thing?

I very much like those "holes in the ground". They're invigorating and give the city a feeling of transformation and metamorphosis. It's very exciting.

Of course, as long as there's not over-building as in Miami (and there currently isn't in Seattle), it's also appealing because it's a sign of prosperity.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
thats very cool....

when i was in seattle off and on from 2002-2004 i was always amazed at how little, relatively speaking, was going on downtown and area.
That's because the recession at the time hit Seattle hardest of all American cities. Now it's the reverse and it's in the top 5 US real estate markets.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 5:29 PM

Sweet!!!

Do they have one on Los Angeles and New York City?

Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 6:17 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Wow, that is very cool.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 6:39 PM
Endless Moments...

It is awesome. Love it...

Old Posted Feb 6, 2008, 1:34 AM
Meh

Whoa. Sort of looked like Chicago there for a minute. (Bank of America Center reminds me of Sears).

Old Posted Feb 6, 2008, 2:19 AM
Never Dell

They've updated that pretty recently. Still missing a few renderings/placeholders, like the Nitze-Stagen proposed office tower just north of the Columbia Center. They're even missing some that are under construction. Also, with some of the renderings they don't point out that they're projects/proposals.

You can look at close-ups of different neighborhoods via the pulldown menu after the show.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2008, 2:21 AM
Never Dell

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Whoa. Sort of looked like Chicago there for a minute. (Bank of America Center reminds me of Sears).
I make that exact mistake sometimes at first glance.

Seattle's (current) skyline is also used a lot as a generic background. I've seen this numerous times. For example, the current show about Philadelphia's parking officers has Seattle's skyline in the background of its ads.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2008, 3:28 PM
Baryonic Lord

Sounds nice. Anyone have a pic?

Old Posted Feb 6, 2008, 6:07 PM
good time not a long time

A few mistakes in there, but still really cool. I wish they would add First Hill in there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture