HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 4:21 PM

I haven’t read everything in depth but has there been mention of bike transport using the front of BRT busses as exists on current ones? I live and work not far from planned BRT stops but having the ability to bike to/from would just add to the convienience.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 10:02 PM

BRT options

I really like the 1st to Idylwyld option for the blue line when compared to Broadway for the river crossing, but it underserves downtown where there needs to be at least a couple stations. it is apparent to me when trying to decide which one is best how valuable the victoria/traffic bridge could have been if they thought ahead a little before choosing the design.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 2:07 PM

Why some Broadway businesses don't want the BRT on their street

Skeptics doubt bus-rapid-transit service will increase business traffic on the popular shopping street

Guy Quenneville · CBC News · Apr 24, 2019

Some businesses on Broadway Avenue are saying the city shouldn't run rapid transit buses on the street, with less than a week before city councillors are poised to settle the long-idling issue.

On Monday, councillors will hear the city's final suggestion: that council approve a bus-rapid-transit (BRT) line on the popular shopping avenue but put off a decision on whether the lanes for it should be open to all traffic or reserved for buses.

It's one of five options laid out by the city in the wake of feedback collected for over a year.

[........]

Read more:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...-brt-1.5107907

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 2:13 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Some great observations being made in the comments section of this article.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan