HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I remember 2013 when we were winning everything, the Bombers has like one win and I went to Winnipeg for the Banjo Bowl and the Riders got destroyed. I think we have a good chance of winning the LDC to make it 12 in a row.
Everyone thought losing to Hamilton by 53-7 was the low point of the season. If we lose to Winnipeg on Labour Day.....it will be a beyond low rock bottom with absolutely no where to go but up. The only way it could be worse than losing to Wpg on LD is if they don't show up and have to forfeit a game (which I'm not ruling out).

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 2:36 PM

Personally I am liking the prospects the next three weeks of the season bring and have high hopes for LDC.

In terms of bad outcomes, with all the challenges in Riverville at the moment I would not rule out the league suspending the team for LDC and awarding the points to WPG.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 7:37 PM

Gosh, is it time for the smack talk to begin already?

Rest assured the only Rider forfeit will be if a meteor strikes good ol' Taylor Field... which I wouldn't rule out happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB
If it is like the move in Winnipeg how long and where your tickets are factor into your seat allocation in the new stadium.
Actually, seniority won't come into play until the annual seat improvement period, which will only occur after everyone is moved. For seat allocation in the new stadium, the two most important factors the Riders are taking into consideration are: (a) the yard line season ticket holders were sitting at before, and (b) the people sitting around them. These were the factors deemed most important by season ticket holders in a survey which was done a couple years ago.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2016, 10:13 PM

The Bombers really crapped the bed on their seat allocations in the move. It didn't help that the old stadium had limited club seats all at high row numbers as they had a lounge at the back of the old lower bowl. The new one is essentially three sections in the lower bowl right at center field. This caused all sorts of people to be displaced. Toss in the old stadium the cheapest seats were in the end zone and the new one those same seats are mid tier pricing.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2016, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko View Post
Gosh, is it time for the smack talk to begin already?

Just a little, never too early..heheh

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 2:25 PM

I thought I would try something different this week and actually cheered for the Riders. What a let down...

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Just a little, never too early..heheh
Cyro, I thought we had a LDC/Banjo Bowl trash talk thread. Might be a good idea if not? A MB/SK forum seems tailored for it. Also a dedicated thread would hopefully keep people from getting offended/personal. Whatever you think is best.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 4:38 PM

Would be nice to see the Riders pick up four more wins this season . I can provide a list of games they should win if that helps.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Cyro, I thought we had a LDC/Banjo Bowl trash talk thread. Might be a good idea if not? A MB/SK forum seems tailored for it. Also a dedicated thread would hopefully keep people from getting offended/personal. Whatever you think is best.
Sounds like fun, no different than annual meets or events that impact our two provinces, cities and teams.., a catch all thread so to speak for the 2 games..

Seeing that this is the year the Bombers are.....

Would you like to start it or shall I..

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 7:36 PM

Sure why don't you. I am still trying to think of any comebacks. Tough this year.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Sure why don't you. I am still trying to think of any comebacks. Tough this year.
Yeah, I here ya, I'm still hopeing it's not a dream and things have finally turned the corner for us...

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 7:55 PM

Quote:
I'm in a giving mood, 11 straight LDCs is something to brag about.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 8:53 PM

Too bad the Riders streak stopped at 11. I wonder how long a winning streak the Bombers are going to put together. Looks like it will be a fun time coming to that new stadium and watching the Bombers win for decades in a row.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 10:45 PM

Well, next year, I guess.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Durant is going to be the starter for this team for 3, 4, 5 years guys. When he plays, he wins. I think too many people are thinking back to the 80's, 90's or early 2000's when you should consider that the past 10 years is the beginning of a new era for the Riders. I already explained why I don't think Durant is injury-prone but how about this for the value he brings to the team: besides the fact he took us to three Grey Cups and won us one, since 2009 we are 55-47-1 when he starts, and 7-27 when he doesn't (these include the post-season, all of which were started by Durant). We are far from looking for his permanent replacement...
So Durant has not won in his last 10 starts, and that number will climb before the end of the season. At what point does that # become a consideration in his future with the team? Remember that in sports, it's all about what have you done for me lately.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
i'm in a giving mood, 11 straight ldcs is something to brag about.
1990! 1990! 1990!

Old Posted Sep 12, 2016, 3:00 PM

Riders missed out. They could have given the Bombers there first round pick this year for a QB with a better record than Durrant this season. Going to be a few long seasons to come for the Riders. Hope the fan base has lots of patience. I know what it is going to be like having been a Bomber fan. That said, I would highly recommend you bring in Joe Mack to help rebuild your team.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2016, 3:38 PM

^ Why are the Riders so stuck on Durant? I mean, I know he had a good run for a while, but come on... this is the third season in a row that's shaping up to be a bust for him.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2016, 3:49 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Why are the Riders so stuck on Durant? I mean, I know he had a good run for a while, but come on... this is the third season in a row that's shaping up to be a bust for him.
Search me. I was mocked for suggesting this might have been a good season to spend on the younger quarterbacks. Just another failed opportunity to develop our talent pool.

To be fair most of the results aren't really Darian's fault but he'll. Be older by another year and we'll have spent little time outside of his injury time developing our future.

What bugs me more is why our defensive genius coach doesn't understand that developing the running game is necessary to wear the opposing defences down? When Darian was winning games our play selection was closer to 50% run. Now we're lucky to see 20% run.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 12, 2016, 3:52 PM

Lol, Joe Mack. No thanks, we don't need that kind of "help" from the Blue Bombers.

It's too early yet to talk about getting rid of Chris Jones, boneheaded third down gambles notwithstanding, but if the Riders find themselves in the same general position a year from now with few definite signs of progress being made, then CEO Craig Reynolds will have a tough decision to make (either stick with Jones for the remainder of his contract, or throw away even more money to fire him and hire someone new).

As for Durant, well, he's still the best available guy at the QB position. Though if the losses continue, I can see Mitchell Gale being given a few more starts to prove himself.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan