HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

WallStreet Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Omaha Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 6, 2008, 5:31 PM

I guess we should be careful what we wish for...Nice old office building no longer needed for offices....Developer comes in with pretty pictures... Demoliton complete...Market crash....No new building....bottom line= UPRR gets rid of a big property tax liability.

Omaha is not alone, but this one sucks cause that old building should have been a historic landmark.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2008, 7:03 PM

So is this project dead?

Old Posted Nov 23, 2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1138 View Post
So is this project dead?
Not quite, rumor has it that they are only 4 reservations away from reaching the 50% barrier required by the loan. The problem is not many people are looking to buy a $500,000 condo in this economy. I am hopeful. They have been doing advertising on TV, billboards and even at Creighton Basketball games.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2008, 8:50 PM

Even with the poor economy, the project managers are still saying this building will be built. Although, it still may be a while until we see construction.

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 2:02 AM

NEW UPDATE:

"The developer of WallStreet Tower Omaha, the proposed downtown high-rise, is substantially cutting back the number of condominiums and shifting the project's makeup in hopes of starting construction later this year. The tower will remain 32 stories, although the building will be narrower as the number of condos drops from 192 to 96."

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 2:27 AM
Robotic Construction

It's most unfortunate Omaha had to tear down a tower to gain one. I guess that's good though, there must not be many open lots and parking lots in downtown. That building they tore down, looked almost like it had a touch of art deco style to it.

Old Posted May 28, 2009, 1:42 PM

Here is what the new tower will look like.

Hopefully they update the rendering a bit to accommodate for the loss of units.

Last edited by ShawJ; May 28, 2009 at 5:24 PM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2009, 5:53 PM
devout Pizzatarian

because there is currently no construction going on with this building, and virtually no activity at the site for almost a year, this thread is going to be moved back to the "proposed" sub-forum until proper construction resumes.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2009, 7:43 PM
Autrefois

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawJ View Post
Here is what the new tower will look like.
Nice that it's the same height as before. But cutting it in half seems like a damn shame. But better that, than not at all, of course.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2009, 12:43 AM

I think this tower looks better cut in half. The first proposal was quite wide (although visually it almost looked like two connected towers) and it would have actually made the whole skyline look shorter. Scale is more important that size as far as I'm concerned and this could enhance the skyline more.

One thing that is disturbing is that it looks like they cheapened the top. If you notice the decorative roof is gone.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2009, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskyline View Post
I think this tower looks better cut in half. The first proposal was quite wide (although visually it almost looked like two connected towers) and it would have actually made the whole skyline look shorter. Scale is more important that size as far as I'm concerned and this could enhance the skyline more.

One thing that is disturbing is that it looks like they cheapened the top. If you notice the decorative roof is gone.
Heh... that was actually my doing (the roofing looked out of place with only one side). This was just something I whipped up in photoshop to get the point across. They're going to come out with new drawings that will hopefully be done soon.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2009, 10:57 AM

Good! That makes me feel better!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2009, 3:53 AM

This thread is a testament to bad urban planning. What a travesty.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2009, 1:03 AM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

The new tower looks good.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2009, 10:30 PM

Official renderings, via the Web site. I'm not sure if they will change at all before construction starts (i.e. changing the roof a bit on the shorter side).

Townsend has said that this project is still very much a "go," but all of us in Omaha are becoming a bit impatient.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2009, 9:20 PM

Finally, a place deserving of Warren Buffet!

Old Posted Jul 17, 2009, 1:27 AM

Adds balance to the skyline. Any new news on a possible construction start ?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2009, 4:06 AM
Hopeful Graduate

Definatly liked the old version more but as said previously better something than nothing

Old Posted Aug 5, 2009, 4:37 AM

**From a poster on an Omaha message board**

Quote:
I went to an All About Omaha happy hour today at the Wall Street Tower show rooms. There was a rep from Towsend there (scott? steve?) and they announced to our group that they met their sales goals this week, and that they have secured letters of commitment from two financiers this week as well. He said we can expect a ground breaking (or building, I suppose, since the dirt hole is definitely broken ground already) announcement within I think 60 days (90? Ben?).

I chatted with him later and he said they're very much committed to the project and very excited about Omaha. I asked him what other tenants he hoped to bring to the project and he talked about the data center thing for a while. I asked him about the Hyatt Place and he said there's actually a Plan B that he hopes happens instead - full service with some meeting space, and a "better" brand, he said - which would probably take up more space. Not sure if Hyatt would still come to the market if this falls through, but either way, sounds like it's going to happen.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2009, 3:37 PM

Thumbs up

Exellent news.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive