HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 1:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
A few weeks left before the sea of concrete starts to flow, with the mild winter we had, wonder if they will get going a bit sooner?
It must be tempting to think about an early start to construction, but there are risks to this. Moncton is not immune to late snowstorms!

Also, the contractors have presumably been pre booked. There might be a cost to an earlier starting date.

Finally, this info was posted on the QMJHL thread. I think it just as legitimately belongs here:

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctnguy View Post
The city posted this link on their Facebook page:

http://www.moncton.ca/Assets/Busines...asworkshop.pdf

I was reading it, and I'm wondering if Codiac Transits potential line/route changes might not have to do with the Event Centre even a little bit. Some of the drivers despite being told it was to lighten the amount of buses on the road have told me they believe the fact line changes where brought up now might actually be the case, and they do, and have talked about Transit use almost since day 1 of the Event Centre talks.

P.S. I know the link was posted back in January.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
A few weeks left before the sea of concrete starts to flow, with the mild winter we had, wonder if they will get going a bit sooner?
I noticed today that they moved an office and some trailers as well as porta potties on site

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 8:18 PM
Kind of a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
It can still be called the Coliseum without there being an arena inside. They're not tied together.

Hell, you could call the new arena the Coliseum and people would still refer to the old building when referring to the Coliseum. Just like how people still refer to locations based on stores or businesses that haven't existed in fifty years.

All i'm saying is you could rename the Coliseum to whatever your heart desires but people are still going to call it the Coliseum regardless.
Example they still call it the Halifax Metro Centre even though its the Scotiabank Centre now. And it will always be the metro centre to some people.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck17 View Post
I noticed today that they moved an office and some trailers as well as porta potties on site
I also noticed this when I drove by the other day. A sign of good things to come! I assume they will break ground as soon as there is no significant threat of major snowstorms - in the meantime I'm sure this is a good opportunity to get setup given the lack of snow.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 11:48 PM

I am just commited to my two year contract with the Wildcats and depending on the price and Club seat offerings I might upgrade my seat. But I can't wait to see the new building and see what it has to offer.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2016, 2:51 AM
Kind of a big deal.

Really neat video showing the Events Centre getting build via 3D Rendering.
https://youtu.be/WWCmm4T9gXc
Nevermind I just realized the video had already been posted.

Last edited by josh_cat_eyes; Feb 19, 2016 at 3:08 AM.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2016, 5:37 AM

I've only seen 2 Wildcats games ever. Only reason why: I refuse to pay money on an absolute crappy arena with the most horrible seats and piss poor air condition, among other smaller annoyances. And concerts are even worse.

If they do this right at the new events center, I'll be more than happy to buy season tickets to the Wildcats and become a fan.

Concerts and shows, well, looks like I'll be savings $1000 a year in road trips to Montreal, St John, Halifax and Quebec.

Please, I beg you Moncton City Hall, please make it right!

Old Posted Feb 19, 2016, 8:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I heard a very unofficial rumour today that Bubba Ray's might be getting involved in the events centre project.

Looking at the floor plan of the ground level, there isn't any room for a restaurant/pub off of the atrium area. The Wildcat's boutique will be on the north side of the atrium and the box office to the south.

So, if Bubba Ray's is interested in getting involved, that leaves two possibilities:

1) - Bubba Ray's will be in charge of the private lounge on the concourse level. I don't like this possibility as the lounge is only accessible to private box patrons and club seat holders.

2) - Bubba Ray's is interested in a space in the building immediately adjacent to the main entrance/atrium into the events centre.

In the above image, Parcel (or Building) "A" is right next to the atrium/main entrance. I could see Bubba Ray's opening a pub/restaurant here. This space would be very convenient to people both wanting to eat before the game or celebrate afterwards. If I was to guess, this is what might happen......

Old Posted Feb 20, 2016, 3:27 PM

I'm not sure if Bubba Ray's has the capital or the resources to construct Parcel A. Which would mean, someone would need to come in a build it so that Bubba Ray's can lease.

I would also prefer your option 2 MonctonRad.

That would leave us with this question. Will Bubba have two locations, current Main st location + private section inside events centre? Or, close current location and reopen in bigger better location in Parcel A?

Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 1:24 PM

I noticed that there has been work going on at the Events Center site the past few days. Looks like they are doing preparation work.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 2:37 PM

I hope someone works in the buildings by the site and takes some pictures and can post them. I use to work at Numeris but not anymore. They had a great view of the site.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2016, 12:40 PM

Looks to me like ground has officially been broken this morning. Lots of Bird trucks on site, surveying equipment set up, and holes being dug!

Old Posted Feb 27, 2016, 4:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
I hope someone works in the buildings by the site and takes some pictures and can post them. I use to work at Numeris but not anymore. They had a great view of the site.

I work in heritage court and have access to the 4th/5th floor windows. It should be a terrific way to watch the progress and ill try and snap a few photos. It was previously a great way to watch the teardown progress of highfield as well as watch that giant snowpile melt

Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
I work in heritage court and have access to the 4th/5th floor windows. It should be a terrific way to watch the progress and ill try and snap a few photos. It was previously a great way to watch the teardown progress of highfield as well as watch that giant snowpile melt
That would be great if you could do that. Thanks.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 3:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSoloCup View Post
The footings/foundation forms are under construction for the Event Centre this morning, construction has officially begun.
Moved this to the Events Centre thread (more appropriate).

Yes, the early spring like weather is giving Bird the opportunity to get started early on this project.

Further, the T&T today reports that the superstructure will be complete and weather proofed by the end of this fall, with interior construction carrying on into 2017-18, so we're going to see big changes on the site for the next eight months or so.

Finally, I think it's time we changed the header on this thread to Under Construction (U/C) from Approved..........

Last edited by MonctonRad; Mar 1, 2016 at 4:58 PM.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 10:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Thanks for making the change Myles.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 1:11 PM

They are actually moving quite quickly - I'm impressed. So are they not digging down? It seems based on what I watched and ready that the facility will be all above ground.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyyy View Post
They are actually moving quite quickly - I'm impressed. So are they not digging down? It seems based on what I watched and ready that the facility will be all above ground.
I stand to be corrected, but yes I believe that is the case - all above ground.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 1:39 PM

I know it was on here at somepoint but if the facility is supposed to be all build above ground, do we know the exact height /stories it would add up to?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces