HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Public Investment Fund Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Riyadh Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 28, 2012, 10:34 PM
BANNED

While this is stunning, I think that this new "city" is an utter waste of money. Because Saudi Arabia is so restrictive. Dubai and perhaps Doha will remain the international finance centers in the Middle East.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2012, 5:45 AM

deleted

Old Posted Apr 29, 2012, 6:23 PM

Quote:
While this is stunning, I think that this new "city" is an utter waste of money. Because Saudi Arabia is so restrictive. Dubai and perhaps Doha will remain the international finance centers in the Middle East.
Agreed. The Saudi king had to recently close its Egyptian embassies and consulates for a case in which an Egyptian lawyer insulted its king, got arrested and Egyptians protested against it. Saudi Arabia has oil and Mecca, but other than that, nobody would want to go there. Just too much to be worried about. If you're a Christian (or any non-Muslim for that matter) doing business there, you're gonna have a bad time.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salakast View Post
Agreed. The Saudi king had to recently close its Egyptian embassies and consulates for a case in which an Egyptian lawyer insulted its king, got arrested and Egyptians protested against it. Saudi Arabia has oil and Mecca, but other than that, nobody would want to go there. Just too much to be worried about. If you're a Christian (or any non-Muslim for that matter) doing business there, you're gonna have a bad time.
your comment is IRRELEVANT

an Egyptian lawyer smuggled over 100k drugs (pills) into saudi in fake quran's (the islamic holy book) , and then some stupid Egyptians protested at the saudi embassies. don't talk about things you have no clue about.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 1:47 AM
BANNED

I foresee an eventual civil war in Saudi Arabia between the Shia and Sunni. It's my understanding that almost all of the oil is in the Shia areas.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 3:06 AM

Quote:
your comment is IRRELEVANT

an Egyptian lawyer smuggled over 100k drugs (pills) into saudi in fake quran's (the islamic holy book) , and then some stupid Egyptians protested at the saudi embassies. don't talk about things you have no clue about.
I may be wrong in the end, but reports show that that story is complete bullshit told by the Saudi government. And I've done my research, by the way.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 4:49 PM

did you read the part where saudi thinks that the man did not smuggle these pills, that someone set him up ?

there will be no civil war in saudi because there is no major problems between the 2 sects in saudi.

stay on topic and don't speak about things your ill educated about.

Old Posted May 11, 2012, 1:36 PM

While I'm not a fan of Saudi Arabia's social-laws and restrictions, don't be so sure of yourself if you bet against them. They've had a stable government there for a long time, and the plans detailed in this thread are more sensible and measured than those of Dubai. I think they have better potential to attract foreign business.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 2:35 AM

RIYADH has changed , it got its first skyline

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naif Saudi View Post

:nuts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseer2005 View Post

Capital Market Authority tower 27 floors now

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfArabia View Post
-
Very nice. I'm glad Riyadh hasn't made the grandiose, tacky, and economically-foolish mistakes that Dubai has made.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 1:06 PM

Thanks for the updates. Much appreciated.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 4:19 PM

Can we get some credits associated with these images please? They will be removed if not updated. . . thanks in advance. . .

. . .

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago View Post
Can we get some credits associated with these images please? They will be removed if not updated. . . thanks in advance. . .

. . .
i asked the guy who posted it in ssc , he says he lost the links

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 3:53 PM

update

Quote:
Originally Posted by muha View Post

the shaft core of the cma tower is now at 29th floor-level and has already climbed above the 150 m mark.

tough assignment on cma tower

set to top out at 400 m, the 76-storey cma tower in saudi arabia will be the tallest building in the city of riyadh, in whose king abdullah financial district it stands. The cma tower is being built by sbg, a firm with a huge fund of experience in highrise construction. The tower stands out for its gigantic nine-sided cip concrete core, whose 40 m cross-section makes it big enough to be a skyscraper in its own right. An ingenious formwork solution from doka is in use for the 100 casting sections. At present, sbg has an uncommonly tough challenge to deal with: Incorporating a three-storey-high steel construction into the cip concrete core.
Work on the up to 2.50 m thick reinforced concrete wall of the structure core has now reached the 29th floor, in some cases progressing in a 4-day-cycle. The colossal structure core serves as the bearing element for a gigantic steel construction to which the exterior facade and floor-slabs are to be attached. This steel construction will take several weeks to install, a procedure which will have to be repeated at the 51st floor.

2800 tonnes of structural steel, 2000 tonnes of rebar

the complex fitting operations had to be carried out from the 26th to the 29th floors. In these three storeys, the steel construction was embedded in the cip concrete core as this was poured, to assure a tension-proof connection between the core and the exterior facade. For this, 10 cm thick steel plates of up to 14 m in height were erected ahead of the casting operations, ready to be diagonally embedded. In addition, 12 m high reinforcement rods were also emplaced. Placement of the horizontal rebar proved particularly laborious, as every single rebar item had to be bolted onto the steel construction by way of welded couplers. The result, in the so-called ‘outrigger levels’, is a reinforcement ratio averaging 1500 kg per m³ of concrete. With so much steel in the concrete, tying the two formwork-halves and preparing the suspension points for the self-climbing system was quite a challenge.

Overclimbing a 70 cm wall-return

another big challenge is a wall-return from 2.50 m to 1.80 m, which has to be hydraulically overclimbed by the platform levels. For this 70 cm set-back, the climbing scaffold is pushed away from the finished casting section, causing the scaffold to slant inwards in the next casting section. For this reason, doka uses extension shoes in the casting section for the set-back, enabling the climbing scaffold to be pushed upwards and slanted inward by 20 cm in this casting section. Doka’s vast experience and wide-ranging project management are making it possible to solve the highly demanding requirements directly on the site, in teamwork with all the professionals involved. In consequence, the complex worksteps are proceeding as planned. Due to the decreasing rebar quantities, once the steel construction has been installed the site team are even aiming at a 3-day cycle.

source

such a sophisticated project! I had never thought it would need all that effort to build!

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 7:44 PM
DENNAB

This building is 1263 feet according to SSC saudi forumers.

The design is cool though, just wish it was somewhere better than Saudi Arabia.

EDIT: They changed it to 1312

Last edited by Zapatan; Jun 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
This building is 1263 feet according to SSC saudi forumers.

i'm a 'Saudi Forumer', and glad this building is in Saudi Arabia.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 10:45 PM

new render to a tower in the financial district :

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 5:59 AM

deleted

Last edited by GulfArabia; Jun 19, 2012 at 8:39 AM.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 8:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
-
I'm not a fan of the Saudi government or the social-norms there either, but was that comment really necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfArabia View Post
i'm...glad this building is in Saudi Arabia.
-
How do you think this financial district will do competing against other Middle-East cities? I'm not sure all of the following cities have a heavy financial industry, but do you think Dubai, Manama, Abu Dhabi, and Doha have an advantage since they built up first?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive