HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

988 West Broadway in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Vancouver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Aug 9, 2010, 7:55 PM
BANNED

700 West 8th Avenue | 18-fls |Completed

Hey has anyone heard any updates on 700 West 8th? Anyone buy into this project yet?

Old Posted Aug 9, 2010, 9:15 PM
ON3P Skis

There have been updates posted in the General Vancouver updates threads. The website is live and there is a rendering there. I'm all for the project having it's own thread if we can dig up more details (height, floors, number of units, etc). I think it's one of the more interesting projects in the city right now.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2010, 6:21 PM
BANNED

700 West 8th - Foundation Taking Shape

Looks like they are just finishing up the parkade over at 700west8th. Elevator structure is up. There's lots of powerpoles in the laneway so I'm wondering how that will impact sales. Anyone buy in this development yet? Seems kinda pricey.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2010, 6:36 PM

Arrow any photos of this?

Photos? Thank you very much if you have.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2010, 6:42 PM
Vancouver Moderator

Here's the website:http://700west8th.com/
Here's some pictures from it:

Old Posted Sep 4, 2010, 7:06 PM
BANNED

thought this looked familiar...this is identical to "The Falls" in Victoria...and here's proof

http://www.thefallsvictoria.com/

Old Posted Sep 4, 2010, 7:24 PM
Vancouver User

Too bad they didn't replicate the waterfall!

Old Posted Sep 4, 2010, 10:04 PM
+

Last edited by Hed Kandi; Oct 4, 2022 at 4:07 PM.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2010, 10:33 PM

this is the one behind the holiday inn right?

Old Posted Sep 4, 2010, 11:30 PM

I like the look of the building but the floor plans suck!

Old Posted Sep 9, 2010, 9:19 PM
BANNED

Pricing announced

I just heard that pricing will start at $499,000 for a 1 bedroom no balcony facing east (no view). They have a few 1 bedrooms around $550,000 with partial views and a huge 800 square feet but again kinda pricey for a 1 bedroom unit. Good quality though. Hopefully they will include HST or lower the prices in the following months.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2010, 9:27 PM
ON3P Skis

Pricing is a little lower than that. I was offered a 6th floor east facing unit for $429,900. And to say the floorplans suck is stupid. There at 60+ floorplans or something, and some I've seen are quite good. Still, the stuff that faces downtown is very pricy.

The Falls was designed by James Cheng and this one is Henriquez, this one will turn out better (though they do look similar). Also, the waterfall itself is a joke, more of a trickle than an actually waterfall.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2010, 7:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by awvan View Post
Pricing is a little lower than that. I was offered a 6th floor east facing unit for $429,900. And to say the floorplans suck is stupid. There at 60+ floorplans or something, and some I've seen are quite good. Still, the stuff that faces downtown is very pricy.

The Falls was designed by James Cheng and this one is Henriquez, this one will turn out better (though they do look similar). Also, the waterfall itself is a joke, more of a trickle than an actually waterfall.
What do the interiors look like? The website shows more like the interior of the fairmont pacific rim, but the developer can change it if they like as it's subject to change - so like the interiors of the woodwards?

Old Posted Sep 11, 2010, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lantern View Post
What do the interiors look like? The website shows more like the interior of the fairmont pacific rim, but the developer can change it if they like as it's subject to change - so like the interiors of the woodwards?
I"m guessing you're asking about The Falls in Victoria?
No Idea.

If you're asking about 700w8 in Vancouver, this building is still below street level, so it'll be a year or so before interiors get worked on. The developer will build the minimum needed to look nice and sell, since the purchasers will likely redecorate to suit their needs.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2010, 7:18 PM
BANNED

700 West 8th - Building Sales

Building is coming up along nicely although don't have any photos as of yet.
I've called to inquire about pricing but only 2 suites in the building have come down in price the others are all at the same level they were when they started marketing the units ($540,000 and up for a 1 bedroom). The agent said there are many units sold but I don't think that's true. Anway the finishings are subject to change so it's best to wait till it's built to see what you actually get. Nice building, looking forward to view some units when it's up in 2012.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2010, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lantern View Post
Building is coming up along nicely although don't have any photos as of yet.
I've called to inquire about pricing but only 2 suites in the building have come down in price the others are all at the same level they were when they started marketing the units ($540,000 and up for a 1 bedroom). The agent said there are many units sold but I don't think that's true. Anway the finishings are subject to change so it's best to wait till it's built to see what you actually get. Nice building, looking forward to view some units when it's up in 2012.
1 bedrooms start at $460,000 for an 803 sq ft unit. They're actually competitively priced, they're just larger units than the market standard 1 bedroom.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2010, 5:53 AM
BANNED

Parkade almost complete

Looking good so far for the development as the Parkade is just about finished just about street level. I'm thinking that this develpment will be finished before James. I called the city to inquire about the hydro and transformer poles in the lane and they said that they won't be moved (that's a shame that they can't go underground). Looking forward to seeing a few floors go up by December.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2010, 6:52 AM
BANNED

Parkade is completed

Just walked by the development and looks like the parkade is now all completed. It's at ground at last. Has anyone here purchased a unit in the building yet? I'd love to hear your feedback on the process that you went through (ie: if you purchased from the developer directly or through your own realtor).

Sorry I couldn't get photos up but will try to next week as I'm hoping another floor above ground will be up.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2010, 2:30 PM

What's the height (floors and meters) of the project and the status? Is it technically u/c?

Old Posted Oct 29, 2010, 2:40 PM

I would assume Jlousa knows the official height, but if he doesnt im sure someone could dig it up from the COV approvals.

And yes it is most defintiely U/C.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver