HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 28, 2014, 4:03 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Haha, a new thread, where sidebars come to die. Good riddance.
Maybe this is where they come to die. Or maybe I intentionally wait for discussions to play themselves itself out before decluttering the main threads. You'll never know.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
To even make that comparison is so ignorant and naive, it's truly embarrassing. Perhaps you should leave your comfortable American bubble someday so you can learn the difference between healthy political disagreement and what happens elsewhere. How old are you, if you don't kind me asking? I could excuse it as immaturity if you're 20.
Oh for heaven's sake..... still getting indigestion from eating too much moral indignation sandwich at lunch?

All I can think is that naivety happens to those who close their eyes, bury their head in the sand, and simply fail to observe any progressing similatives of zealotry. What the future holds can often be unexpected..... and may we not get to some point when it's too late as there's not even a chance to say goodnight. The last thing on one's mind would be embarrassment then.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2014, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denconyny View Post
Oh for heaven's sake..... still getting indigestion from eating too much moral indignation sandwich at lunch?

All I can think is that naivety happens to those who close their eyes, bury their head in the sand, and simply fail to observe any progressing similatives of zealotry. What the future holds can often be unexpected..... and may we not get to some point when it's too late as there's not even a chance to say goodnight. The last thing on one's mind would be embarrassment then.

Bunt plays his cards well, and, has more freedom to say what he wants to say compared to most of us. He uses panache, sarcasm, and frequency of response as his paint brushes. 95% of the time Bunt will reply to whatever is addressed at him. In a strange way, Bunt is always there.

http://www.vtpi.org/gentraf.pdf

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 3:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizened Variations View Post
Bunt plays his cards well,
There's a game of poker or bridge going on here? (okay, it's a figure of speech.....)

Quote:
and, has more freedom to say what he wants to say compared to most of us.
I'm lost as to why there's any comparison among any posters on this site and any permissions or freedoms to say (well... here we write) what one would want to say?

Quote:
He uses panache, sarcasm, and frequency of response as his paint brushes.
Cool, many times a good way to communicate

Quote:
95% of the time Bunt will reply to whatever is addressed at him. In a strange way, Bunt is always there.
Also cool, and personally I'm impressed with the amount of effort and thoughtfulness there. And of course the effort is always appreciated when questions are answered by someone with a lot of thought and knowledge so that one doesn't have to google all day to find some answer. However, there can be times when even those of the best and brightest with generous information and thoughtfulness may also somehow find some way to be in over-think of a situation.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 3:36 PM

Quote:
There's a game of poker or bridge going on here? (okay, it's a figure of speech.....)

I'm lost as to why there's any comparison among any posters on this site and any permissions or freedoms to say (well... here we write) what one would want to say?

Cool, many times a good way to communicate

Also cool, and personally I'm impressed with the amount of effort and thoughtfulness there. And of course the effort is always appreciated when questions are answered by someone with a lot of thought and knowledge so that one doesn't have to google all day to find some answer. However, there can be times when even those of the best and brightest with generous information and thoughtfulness may also somehow find some way to be in over-think of a situation.

A very strange blog entry.

Bunt will likely take this as sarcasm, or at least sophistry.

I have no doubt, as the number of your entries increase, that you will define your own space.

We all start being too nice to the shakers, but, progressively become more ourselves as our blog confidence improves.

When I started, I agreed with Bunt almost all the time, as I chose to respond only to those entries which I could agree with. Bunt expressed distaste at my behavior, even though when he looks back I'm sure he gets a chuckle of it (I am much more myself now... )

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 3:40 PM

Blog entry =! Forum post.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dirt View Post
blog entry =! Forum post.
=! <> !=

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 5:54 PM

My bad. I'm a database guy so, I only use <>.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 7:38 PM
Stay Thirsty.

Quote:
i doubt that the gop neglecting denver for their convention had anything to do with transportation or donations.

I don't think that they want to be constantly reminded of the last democratic convention that we had here in 2008. And it's probably most simply because i don't think any gop candidate is capable of (or even getting close to) filling mile high stadium (or whatever the call it now) with an audience of some 70,000 plus cheering supporters the way obama did when he gave his acceptance speech...... And that's got to be a big thorn in the side of denver getting the gop convention......

Just sayin' folks.....

+1

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Bunt will likely take this as sarcasm, or at least sophistry.
Both of which can sometimes be present when straw men arrive on the scene.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Blog entry =! Forum post.
Yes sir. I know at work, the data base guys are always chasing Sue Mantics, with sweet talk about why Bach makes the most sense.

Oh yes, Sue doesn't even look at me, because she says I don't understand the secret "Code."

Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 7:07 AM
of Gnomeregan

I'm sure Bunt is petting a cat and softly laughing right now that his SSP personality has its own little cottage industry of phychoanalysis going here.

The rest of this tread is entertaining. And as usual people are wasting intellectual resources trying to understand the actions of a party which doesn't need much understanding.

If there isn't any specific biblical prohibition to something (which doesn't involve killing someone, somewhere) then money is the decision maker.

Convention in Denver wouldn't really have any bearing on any wars that the GOP is shouting for at the moment (if you're reading this post somehow in 2359, just insert whatever war the GOP wants today and nevermind which one is was back here in 2014 - though in 2359 or 5923 it's probably still the Middle East anyway), and there isn't, as far as I know, any bible passages saying "lo and ye shall not congregate in the shadow of Mt Evans lest ye be verily smitten by all manner of pestilence" etc etc, so Money... we didn't give them enough so they went where someone did.

They didn't shy away from here just because BHO was here in 2008. They have all the wordcrafting wizzards they need to make that decision look like some sort of triumph if they got the money they wanted. Cowardice and fear are the cause of many Democrats' decisions.. but whatever else you can say about the GOP you can't say they make decisions based on their own fear of the consequences. (they absolutely exist in part because of the fear of their voters but that's a separate issue).

Last edited by Brainpathology; Jul 3, 2014 at 1:44 PM.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 2:15 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Both of which can sometimes be present when straw men arrive on the scene.

I'm often branded the scarecrow, sometimes even the tin man. But thankfully never the lion.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 6:08 PM

Quote:
I'm often branded the scarecrow, sometimes even the tin man. But thankfully never the lion.
I wouldn't suspect the lion either.......

Old Posted Jul 8, 2014, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology;6640070
[B
If there isn't any specific biblical prohibition to something (which doesn't involve killing someone, somewhere) then money is the decision maker. [/B]

Convention in Denver wouldn't really have any bearing on any wars that the GOP is shouting for at the moment (if you're reading this post somehow in 2359, just insert whatever war the GOP wants today and nevermind which one is was back here in 2014 - though in 2359 or 5923 it's probably still the Middle East anyway), and there isn't, as far as I know, any bible passages saying "lo and ye shall not congregate in the shadow of Mt Evans lest ye be verily smitten by all manner of pestilence" etc etc, so Money... we didn't give them enough so they went where someone did.

They didn't shy away from here just because BHO was here in 2008. They have all the wordcrafting wizzards they need to make that decision look like some sort of triumph if they got the money they wanted. Cowardice and fear are the cause of many Democrats' decisions.. but whatever else you can say about the GOP you can't say they make decisions based on their own fear of the consequences. (they absolutely exist in part because of the fear of their voters but that's a separate issue).
The key phrase:

If there isn't any specific biblical prohibition to something (which doesn't involve killing someone, somewhere) then money is the decision maker.

(you are being an optimist because killing very often is political violence, whether on the local repression level or projected outside national borders.)

I would disagree that there is any difference between motivations of either party, both of whom on a national level are always chasing money, while the national press is used by the skillful to create any illusion of difference.

All boils down to controlling the vote. There are a two ways* to do this in the US, IMO: the first is to spend huge amounts of money to create hot button issues that have nothing to do with the average person's welfare, and, the second, is to spend huge amounts of money to portray the other party as not being representative of the Average American.

This becomes more of a reality the more expensive getting elected is.

Meanwhile, of course, due to the internet and the people's experience with money and employment, the public becomes more cynical and votes less.

*excluding gerrymandering districts, miscounting votes, and manipulating voting eligibility.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 7:16 PM

Cleveland got it.

I was talking to a friend over a beer and he had told me Cleveland would get the RNC Convention. I asked him if it was because Ohio is a swing state.

He replied,

"No, Dallas and Denver are doing TOO well to show the Country the Bush/Obama affect. Cleveland is proof something is drastically wrong."

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 8:17 PM

Denver was never going to get the RNC

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West