HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 6:02 AM

King & Bay Condos | ? | 2 x 12 fl | Proposed

- Located on the south-east corner of King Street West and Bay Street
- Two 12 storey residential towers (each w/12,000sf footprint)
- 1 storey 40,000sf retail podium
- This will be the second phase of the McMaster Health Campus development

Source

This proposal was included in the McMaster Health Campus proposal from a while ago. I decided to make a thread for it so in the future when the site gets developed this thread can be updated.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 9:20 PM
Dustin William

Renderings?

Were there any renderings of this proposal? I completely missed reading about this second phase. I'm interested to know more!
dustinlabs.net

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the905sDW View Post
Were there any renderings of this proposal? I completely missed reading about this second phase. I'm interested to know more!
All of the information that has been released on this project is on page 52 of this pdf.

No renderings have been released, just the site plan above.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 10:15 PM

Page 52, of the article states, the following:

Quote:
The second phase of the site's development will focus on the north portion of the property which is more suited to the residential, commercial, or future McMaster initiatives. The critical mass of talent and professionals at the Health Campus also creates opportunities to attract technology-based companies and others who see commercial opportunities within the health field.
It seems as if the idea is to possibly build commercial space which will be used to attract and accommodate companies for the health field once a demand is large enough.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 12:04 AM

I wasn't sure where to post this so my apologies if this is not the correct thread.

I noticed on the weekend that the lot at King and Bay (next to the AGH and behind new McMaster building) had been dug up. Does anybody know what is going on? Is it related to this proposal, the McMaster building, or is it just a simple re-pave of the parking lot?

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 12:18 AM

They're just repaving and adding better drainage.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 5:55 AM

The McMaster Health Campus building has only 70 underground parking spaces reserved exclusively for patients.

If there is zero parking for staff of the centre, how realistic is it that the northern half of the lot will be severed with two twelve storey buildings being built instead of it remaining as surface parking?

The city parking lot across from the McMaster site on the west side of Bay St. S. is privately owned but leased by Hamilton Parking Authority in order to provide cheap parking. The cost of the lease is $235,000-$275,000 over the next five years plus the owners are exempt from property taxes and get free underground parking at the Convention Centre.
http://joeycoleman.ca/2014/07/07/cit...elopment-land/

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 1:30 PM
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal

Maybe they'll toss in a few extra floors of podium parking or something with the towers?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 3:10 AM
Forever forward.

what a shame this corner was not developed... maybe if the McMaster student residence plans go forward across the street they'll do something with this A+ real estate

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootaround View Post
what a shame this corner was not developed... maybe if the McMaster student residence plans go forward across the street they'll do something with this A+ real estate
Hamilton should just include public parking in all downtown condos to please everyone's parking fetish. Just like 20-22 George st. That way we get towers, and the suburban people can still drive their cars downtown to work!

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 9:00 PM
Midtowner since 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by timach View Post
Hamilton should just include public parking in all downtown condos to please everyone's parking fetish. Just like 20-22 George st. That way we get towers, and the suburban people can still drive their cars downtown to work!
That would suck.....it would turn into Chicago. If they maintained a fairly urban downtown than I guess it could try and work, except that parking would be unneeded following a future LRT/ better transit and no new roads.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 10:55 PM
Forever forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
That would suck.....it would turn into Chicago. If they maintained a fairly urban downtown than I guess it could try and work, except that parking would be unneeded following a future LRT/ better transit and no new roads.
If it was built then unneeded in the future they could convert podium parking parkades into retail + office podiums fairly easily.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 11:40 PM
Midtowner since 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootaround View Post
If it was built then unneeded in the future they could convert podium parking parkades into retail + office podiums fairly easily.
I was thinking of that, with some used as bike parking.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
Hey if that's what it'd take for more towers, I'd be all for it!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton