HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 3:32 PM

Took a walk around this the other day for the first time. The compact density is interesting and while the materials might not be the best, there are some interesting design choices that make it not so bland. I think in the end this will be a nice place once it all fills in.

I really liked the town homes surrounding the tower and the fact that they brought retail on site immediately that will attract people.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 4:25 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonovision View Post
Took a walk around this the other day for the first time. The compact density is interesting and while the materials might not be the best, there are some interesting design choices that make it not so bland. I think in the end this will be a nice place once it all fills in.

I really liked the town homes surrounding the tower and the fact that they brought retail on site immediately that will attract people.

Overall it looks decent. It is too bad that they made such liberal use of metal panels (it looks too much like corrugated sheet metal to me). However, up close in this picture it looks ok - https://40.media.tumblr.com/884c9080...kjeo5_1280.jpg

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 5:35 PM

Oh, the mail boxes, the end of civilsation. Don't worry, Justin says he'll bring back door-to-door delivery.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin May View Post
Oh, the mail boxes, the end of civilsation. Don't worry, Justin says he'll bring back door-to-door delivery.
I thought that was Tommy.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns_kid View Post
I thought that was Tommy.
So many promises I can't remember them all.
The mail delivery promise is just dumb.
I'm waiting for the promise to bring back manual road sweepers, provided they are middle class people.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 4:42 PM

WSP (on behalf of ELM Developments) is seeking approval of an additional five buildings. Three will be residential, one office, and one hotel. Currently one building (The Hazelton) is occupied, and two buildings are approved.

Halifax Planning - Case 20541 - Marketplace Drive, Dartmouth

Old Posted Jul 15, 2017, 7:14 PM

Hopefully we see progress soon, it's been so empty for the past few years, and the Hazelton has been finished for at least 3 years.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 12:29 PM

Expect to see some site work happening here soon. Building 3 (Seapoint condos) will be going first & in conjunction with building 2 (apartments). I would expect to see action here within 1-2 months.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 1:25 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

So hopefully as building 3 has 20 more units than Hazelton, it's a few floors higher. *too lazy to back and check site plans.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin May View Post
That didn't work out so well, did it?

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 11:59 AM

Halifax Transit has an RFP out for long-range capital planning, and apparently one of the possibilities they're looking at is a ferry terminal for Wrights Cove. That would certainly make this development a pretty sweet option for people who work downtown.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 3:02 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWatson View Post
Halifax Transit has an RFP out for long-range capital planning, and apparently one of the possibilities they're looking at is a ferry terminal for Wrights Cove. That would certainly make this development a pretty sweet option for people who work downtown.
This would have to be some sort of a higher speed ferry right? I know the traditional Ferries could make the run but the travel time would counter some of the benefit for many.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstaleness View Post
This would have to be some sort of a higher speed ferry right? I know the traditional Ferries could make the run but the travel time would counter some of the benefit for many.
It would have to be, as it is about 5X the distance. At current ferry speeds that would make the trip about 50 mins.

I recall they were looking into a high speed ferry between Bedford and Halifax about 10 years ago, but IIRC it was nixed because of high costs?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...-list-1.726949

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWatson View Post
And vice versa if they got their act together to install a few proper bus routes from the new ferry terminus up into Burnside and DC.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
It would have to be, as it is about 5X the distance. At current ferry speeds that would make the trip about 50 mins.
That's assuming there are no ships coming thru the narrows. If there were, it would take considerably longer, because I don't think the ferry would be allowed anywhere near the ship.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 11:41 PM

From a distance (across the basin) it looked like the crane was going up for the Seapoint Condo. LIkely the one from Queen’s Marque.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 7:08 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

I'll try and get down there tomorrow and see where the progress on this one is. Nothing showing from street level yet.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 9:33 PM

I drove by the other day and they were setting up the second Queens Marque crane that just came down. It gave me the impression that were were going to build both of the buildings on the northern edge at the same time. Not just the Seapoint Condo tower.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonovision View Post
I drove by the other day and they were setting up the second Queens Marque crane that just came down. It gave me the impression that were were going to build both of the buildings on the northern edge at the same time. Not just the Seapoint Condo tower.
This is correct. The condo building & apartment will be going up more or less simultaneously. They are very similar in design, with a slight difference in footprint.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 11:33 PM

Here is a photo from Seapoint Condo's Twitter. It does look like building 2 and building 3 (Seapoint) are under construction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs