HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 7:08 PM

New Sifton Neighbourhood - Victoria On The River

Thought this might be of interest to this forum. This is a site plan for Sifton's upcoming neighbourhood near Commissioners Road and Hamilton Road/Old Victoria Road, to be called "Victoria on the River".

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 7:15 PM
Sanity merchant

In case anyone needs a google map of it.

http://goo.gl/maps/5cXAw

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 1:09 AM
Wannabe Urbanite

Wow I had no idea about that subdivision, thanks for posting the info!

I go by that area almost daily, and I was wondering what the digging and machinery was for. Looks like they have started with the "SWM pond". I remember hearing rumours about a potential development there but I figured it was years away, what with Summerside developing at such a snails pace. While it's always unfortunate to see more low density sprawl, it is nice to see a high quality developer such as Sifton investing in east London

With this development now progressing the City better get on with fixing the Comissioners and Hamilton road/ Old Victoria road intersection. The traffic in the area is getting really bad, and the intersection cannot handle it. I've heard the plan is to put in a traffic circle which would be perfect I think.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 5:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpseatles View Post
Wow I had no idea about that subdivision, thanks for posting the info!

I go by that area almost daily, and I was wondering what the digging and machinery was for. Looks like they have started with the "SWM pond". I remember hearing rumours about a potential development there but I figured it was years away, what with Summerside developing at such a snails pace. While it's always unfortunate to see more low density sprawl, it is nice to see a high quality developer such as Sifton investing in east London

With this development now progressing the City better get on with fixing the Comissioners and Hamilton road/ Old Victoria road intersection. The traffic in the area is getting really bad, and the intersection cannot handle it. I've heard the plan is to put in a traffic circle which would be perfect I think.
This development looks nothing like the plan I saw for this area back in 2007. The plan presented at the Planning Committee meeting I was at showed a mixed-use development that integrated commercial and residential development.

Sad, really.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 1:55 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
This development looks nothing like the plan I saw for this area back in 2007. The plan presented at the Planning Committee meeting I was at showed a mixed-use development that integrated commercial and residential development.

Sad, really.

Oh no really? Well it looks like there are plans for a "future town centre" which probably includes some commercial development, though I doubt it'll be anything special.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 4:58 PM
User Registered

'Jackson' (the area around Hamilton/Commissioners and Old Vic is projected to have the largest population increase in the city over the next decade or so.

A 2-lane roundabout is proposed for that wacky intersection along with widening Hamilton to 4 lanes to the VMP. I would hopefully assume this widening project would either be part of or be planned for a interchange project for Hamilton/VMP. I guess time will tell.

My Simcity Stuff

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates