HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 5:44 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Just feel the need to point out that as of this morning, Ottawa is 1 point away from the division lead. Granted, Boston has 5 games in hand but still - who the hell predicted this one???

Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Just feel the need to point out that as of this morning, Ottawa is 1 point away from the division lead. Granted, Boston has 5 games in hand but still - who the hell predicted this one???
It helps when you're given a goal while one of your players is literally using the goalie as a lazy boy.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 9:10 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
It helps when you're given a goal while one of your players is literally using the goalie as a lazy boy.
Yeah, I gotta admit that this week was not my proudest in terms of reffing. First that goal, which almost certainly shouldn't have counted (I haven't seen enough footage to be 100% sure, but I'm 99% sure) - and then last night the Sharks got a goal waived off under pretty questionable circumstances.

2 bad calls that favour teams I cheer for. Normally I can shrug this sort of stuff off (bad calls go both ways all the time), but goaltender interference is something I take very seriously and it pisses me off how inconsistent the league is about it. Even when it favours "my" teams.

But then again I've always disliked goons like Lucic.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 9:27 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

The disallowed Sharks goal didn't change anything though.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 9:56 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
The disallowed Sharks goal didn't change anything though.
Nope, but that doesn't change my opinion on it. Officiating is officiating, and rules are rules - it just stings (or helps) a little more if it DOES change anything.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 9:59 PM

They should have video review of penalties or something. The one last night against the Sharks was BS, the Calgary defenseman was the one who bumped Kipper, not the Shark.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 10:32 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
They should have video review of penalties or something. The one last night against the Sharks was BS, the Calgary defenseman was the one who bumped Kipper, not the Shark.
I'd say they both bumped a little, but it was our D-man who really "caused" it - although the San Jose player didn't exactly try to "let up" when driving to the net. It's arguably at least a little vague and open to interpretation. Still probably a goal in the end though.

You'll never see video review of penalties/line calls/etc. It would slow the game to a crawl. Sometimes we just have to accept that officials are allowed to make mistakes.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
I'd say they both bumped a little, but it was our D-man who really "caused" it - although the San Jose player didn't exactly try to "let up" when driving to the net. It's arguably at least a little vague and open to interpretation. Still probably a goal in the end though.

You'll never see video review of penalties/line calls/etc. It would slow the game to a crawl. Sometimes we just have to accept that officials are allowed to make mistakes.
Or at least a challenge flag or something like was discussed a while back. And if you lose your challenge you lose a time out or or the next line change or something.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 12:25 AM
Go Chiefs!

Rene Bourque probably didn't expect to play against the Capitals this year... now he'll have to play them 4 times starting tonight.

Washington dressed their goon (Erskine) who has been a healthy scratch for the last 2 weeks.

BTW- Pacioretty has 25 pts in 23 home games. Hopefully the big line keeps it up.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Rene Bourque probably didn't expect to play against the Capitals this year... now he'll have to play them 4 times starting tonight.

Washington dressed their goon (Erskine) who has been a healthy scratch for the last 2 weeks.

BTW- Pacioretty has 25 pts in 23 home games. Hopefully the big line keeps it up.
You mean play them again I assume.

Hopefully Washington doesn't goon it up too bad against him for the elbow on Backstrom. It was a dirty play so there will definitely be some animosity directed his way.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
Spezza wasn't even trying to go in the crease. Gunnarsson bumped him into Reimer... Wasn't a pretty goal but i think it was legit

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 4:09 AM
Go Chiefs!

Bourque answered the bell in the first minute... I'm liking what I see from him so far.

Video Link

However I am disgusted by the effort of some players.
Those who showed up tonight:
-The first line (Cole-Desharnais-Pacioretty)
-Rene Bourque (best forward excluding the 3 mentioned above, he even hit the post.)
-Scott Gomez (yes, Gomez...)

The rest of the team took the night off... shameful.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 4:16 AM
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
Goddamned Oilers.

Not only are Nugent-Hopkins and Eberle out with freak-accident injuries, but Potter accidentally stepped on Talyor Hall's face during last night's warm up.
that was pretty damn frightening. i couldn't watch. what if it had been his eye or his neck?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 5:02 AM

Bourque actually won his fight with Hendricks. Impressive.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 5:08 AM

Borque isn't a push over, but I can't remember him fighting with the Flames, though I'm sure he did at some point.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid247 View Post
Spezza wasn't even trying to go in the crease. Gunnarsson bumped him into Reimer... Wasn't a pretty goal but i think it was legit
Legit?? He was straddling Reimer and refusing to move.

There was no way Reimer could have gotten over to make the save, which is the definition of goaltender interference. The last thing that goal was is legit. Ottawa was handed that game by the zebras.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 4:01 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Borque isn't a push over, but I can't remember him fighting with the Flames, though I'm sure he did at some point.
Borque is taking a page out of the Phaneuf handbook. Get to a new team, excel for a period of time, and then disappear. Both did it in Calgary, and both are doing it in their new homes (Borque will take some time to "settle in", mind you).

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 6:39 PM

Well, then. Forever a badass looking guy, now.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 6:44 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Shots like that remind me why I don't generally begrudge hockey players their high salaries. The worst I have to deal with is a paper cut, or maybe some carpel tunnel sneaking in.

OUCH.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 6:51 PM
Community Guy

Hall looks rough.

Scary scary situation the other night.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada