HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 11:25 PM

Took this today, looks like they're coming close to finishing the structure for the second floor:

Old Posted Oct 20, 2012, 7:17 PM

Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 7:09 PM

This project looks better and better all the time!

Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 6:46 PM

A letter went out the other day for owners that listed occupancy dates. They're also starting appointments for finishes and upgrades in November. They should have the samples and swatches to choose from in the showroom now.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2012, 10:55 PM

Old Posted Nov 10, 2012, 10:07 PM

DSC09707 by rakerman, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 1, 2012, 1:31 PM

Central 3

Hideaway (Central 3) says "Now 60% sold. Construction starting this fall."

http://www.hideawayatcentral.ca/

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 5:50 PM

The facade work is going up. There's already a decent amount of brick work and glass in place. Seems like the sales center has also been moved into the vacant retail space in Central 1.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2013, 1:57 PM

Walked by this development the other day. Have to say I like the density that is building up here. I appreciate that the 1st and second phase while obviously similar, have enough differences to give the buildings their own identity (unlike Claridge Plaza 1, 2, 3, 4 for example). The ground floor retail and street level apartments in phase 1 are also nice. While the current retail tenants are lame, an LCBO will likely add a lot of pedestrian activity to this part of Bank for many parts of the day and night. Overall, I think this is a good project.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartlebooth View Post
The ground floor retail and street level apartments in phase 1 are also nice. While the current retail tenants are lame, an LCBO will likely add a lot of pedestrian activity to this part of Bank for many parts of the day and night.
I'm curious as to what will take the retail space that the sales office is currently occupying. I guess they'll likely use it as the sales office for C4- so it'll be occupied by Urban Capital for the next few years.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalaby View Post
I'm curious as to what will take the retail space that the sales office is currently occupying. I guess they'll likely use it as the sales office for C4- so it'll be occupied by Urban Capital for the next few years.
Doesn't Urban Capital own the site of the James Street Pub as well? Like you said, it may be a few years (or more) before they turn that space over with all of their projects in the area.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 5:55 PM

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 1:47 PM

Central 3

pilings going in around the edge of Central 3 site

IMG_4810 by rakerman, on Flickr

Last edited by rakerman; Mar 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM. Reason: clarified

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Doesn't Urban Capital own the site of the James Street Pub as well? Like you said, it may be a few years (or more) before they turn that space over with all of their projects in the area.
My understanding is Central 4 (which is approved) will be on the European Glass site, and Central 5 (which I haven't seen the proposal for yet) will be on the James Street Pub site.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakerman View Post
My understanding is Central 4 (which is approved) will be on the European Glass site, and Central 5 (which I haven't seen the proposal for yet) will be on the James Street Pub site.
Thanks rakerman. I wonder if Urban Capital is negotiating for the empty site (at the corner of Bank and Florence) beside the James Street Pub as well? I remember a proposal for a five story condo building for that site but have not heard much about it since it was announced.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks rakerman. I wonder if Urban Capital is negotiating for the empty site (at the corner of Bank and Florence) beside the James Street Pub as well? I remember a proposal for a five story condo building for that site but have not heard much about it since it was announced.
Someone (not Urban Capital) was supposed to build 5 storey mixed use there.

[406-408 Bank Street] by rakerman, on Flickr

I don't see anything in DevApps.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 11:12 PM

That little Florence lot, across from Staples, is owned by my Camera Pusher - Galaxy Camera. He's been held up by Holmes, and I suppose plenty of other things, for a few years. It's not always Holmes' fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakerman View Post
Someone (not Urban Capital) was supposed to build 5 storey mixed use there.

[406-408 Bank Street] by rakerman, on Flickr

I don't see anything in DevApps.

Old Posted May 19, 2013, 2:36 PM

Central 2

DSC00351 by rakerman, on Flickr

DSC00354 by rakerman, on Flickr

Old Posted May 19, 2013, 6:03 PM

It's looking good. It's a shame with the elevator and roofers unions striking that construction is slowing down everywhere.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2013, 1:35 AM
Closed account

I visited their sales office in the base of Central phase 1, and I looked at condos for the building they'll be constructing behind phase 2, which they have decided to call Hideaway. They are still selling some units in phase 2, but they are 1 bedroom+den that are between 600-700 sqft, costing between $310-340,000. Occupancy expected this autumn 2013.

The Hideaway (phase 3) will be ready in early 2015. They have a studio, called Blue Palace, that is 435 sqft and $217,900 (cheapest on their price list), with a terrace or balcony available. The largest is 852 sqft, 2 bedroom penthouse called Deseo, and is worth $381,900. In fact, some penthouses are two floors.

Parking is $35,000 for certain units, condo fees are $0.45/sf, it includes all utilities except for electricity, concierge, common expenses and a reserve fund contribution. Property taxes at 1.3%. 9 ft ceilings, but 10ft for 7 and up.

Ground floor will be retail, specifically the LCBO (taking up the entire space, I believe of phase 2).

I liked this project, particularly the Deseo unit, which has a terrace. It would suck to have a northern unit because you wouldn't get as much sunlight due to Phase 1, but it's still worthwhile. It's going to have decent finishing, it's a decent location for restaurants and, if the Bank Street BIA is successful, lots of fun shops and places to entertain oneself. It's near the 14 bus, but if you're willing you can walk several blocks to the LRT (too bad it isn't closer, though). There is space to park your bike, a storage space, and for the Hideaway, at least, a pool/ patio space. It is pet-friendly, as well.

They offered to take me up to a completed unit, but socially awkward me, I declined because the lady was taking another couple and I was still looking around.

(Please excuse the glare).

Hideaway by Shel DeF on Flickr

Central 2 and Hideaway by Shel DeF on Flickr

Last edited by brentgaulois; Jun 3, 2013 at 2:55 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa