HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 20, 2015, 12:28 AM

PHILADELPHIA | Dilworth House Condominiums | 219 FT | 16 FLOORS

Title: Dilworth House Condominiums
Project: Luxury condominiums
Architect: VSBA Architects
Developer: Turchi Properties
Neighborhood: Washington Square West
District: Center City
Floors: 16
Height: 219 feet

Quote:
It’s been almost eight years since the Philadelphia Historical Commission ruled that the owners of the Dilworth House on Washington Square could remove a portion of the building and replace it with a 16-story apartment tower. And it looks as though the litigation phase of that process may finally be winding down.

Last week, the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania reinstated the Commission’s approval, which has been under appeal since 2007. In doing so, it overturned the Board of L&I Review and the Court of Common Pleas for the second time. Paul Boni, a lawyer representing the neighbors who opposed the project, said they haven’t yet made a decision about whether they’ll appeal the decision to the state Supreme Court.

Rosenzweig said that the plans to redevelop the property are still in place. There are unresolved zoning issues, though, which could prevent the project from moving forward right away.

“After eight years of battle,” he continued, “we are humbled by and very satisfied with the Commonwealth Court’s ruling and the restoration of the Historical Commission’s ruling.”
http://planphilly.com/articles/2015/...hed-court-says

http://planphilly.com/articles/2012/...h-house-appeal

Old Posted May 20, 2015, 5:02 PM

Holy crap, this project is still alive? I was pretty happy reading this article until I came across this line:

Quote:
There are unresolved zoning issues, though, which could prevent the project from moving forward right away.
Given the tense background and litigation, I don't see the city rushing to grant variances here. Kind of a deflating but considering I thought this project was totally dead, the fact that there is some chance of this happening is good news nonetheless. Good luck the developers.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 7:11 PM

No new posts or information on this for 2 years. We'll close this thread for now.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive