HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 28, 2015, 4:21 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Zellers was 165 main street. Is it possible they got the address wrong or could it be a free standing building being put in place somewhere in the area?

Old Posted Aug 28, 2015, 4:35 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
Zellers was 165 main street. Is it possible they got the address wrong or could it be a free standing building being put in place somewhere in the area?
Well, there is a small lot of land in behind the CIBC next to that little bridge over Hall's Creek but PAC documents from last year seemed to show that a Tim Horton's was planned for there. There's also that Dollarama there, but I can't imagine them moving out or selling to Giant Tiger........

They could also build on that bit of land immediately behind the Superstore gas bar. At one time, there had been a building there containing both a Smitty's and a Pizza Hut.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2015, 4:38 PM

Transcript said this: The new clothing, grocery and merchandise retailer will open at 165 Main Street on April 9, 2016.
http://t.co/4ajUJz0Uey

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post

Old Posted Aug 28, 2015, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
Transcript said this: The new clothing, grocery and merchandise retailer will open at 165 Main Street on April 9, 2016.
http://t.co/4ajUJz0Uey
Is this the same Giant Tiger that they where talking about building in Dieppe or is this another location all together?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2015, 3:49 AM

I've heard Giant Tiger is expanding into the former co-op on mapleton, this new location would be their second, I've also heard they plan to buy the Co-op on Dieppe Blvd. I don't think they are to close together, and realistically they could have 3 Metro locations by the end of 2016.

Also regarding Canadian Tire. When I asked them in May, the lady told me they were told either the Fall or Spring for an opening date of the relocated Canadian Tire. My guess now is likely spring. They haven't even started exterior construction.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2015, 3:32 PM

There's a sign posted at the Mapleton Esso that Robins is closing August 31st and being converted to a Tim's. Seems funny with the one right across the street.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2015, 3:42 PM

Hi Everyone. First time posting

If Giant Tiger moves into the Superstore mall, the pricing at Superstore would be interesting, possibly lower to compete with the discount store. Here is hoping they have a full produce section like other Giant Tiger stores I've shopped at.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2015, 4:35 PM
I have no Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekky001 View Post
Hi Everyone. First time posting

If Giant Tiger moves into the Superstore mall, the pricing at Superstore would be interesting, possibly lower to compete with the discount store. Here is hoping they have a full produce section like other Giant Tiger stores I've shopped at.
I had heard that Giant Tiger maybe moving into the current Dollarama location and Dollarama is interested in moving into the new mini mall next to Mary Browns in Dieppe.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2015, 6:47 PM

Smart set close

The Smart set in champlain place finally close on september 8

CHAMPLAIN MALL
477 Paul Street
Dieppe
E1A 4X5
506-854-1008
CLOSING DATE: SEPTEMBER 8, 2015

http://www.smartset.ca/en

Old Posted Aug 29, 2015, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2515 View Post
The Smart set in champlain place finally close on september 8

CHAMPLAIN MALL
477 Paul Street
Dieppe
E1A 4X5
506-854-1008
CLOSING DATE: SEPTEMBER 8, 2015

http://www.smartset.ca/en
I can not see that prime location sitting empty for long.....

Old Posted Aug 30, 2015, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTom View Post
There's a sign posted at the Mapleton Esso that Robins is closing August 31st and being converted to a Tim's. Seems funny with the one right across the street.
I've noticed that too, and am Wondering if the Tims isn't moving, either corner is a little strange set up but it would make it more easily accessible from my point of view. I was in the A&W on Plaza Blvd., and the one who served me stated from what she had heard they might be moving to another lot nearby because they have had issues with parking, and there drive true interfering with one another.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 3:11 PM

The Robins in the Esso on the corner of Plaza and Mapleton is all gutted. With the Tims is moving there, I wonder if Robins will buy the old Tims building.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 6:31 AM

I was thinking IF Giant Tiger goes into the existing Dollorrama location on Main would this imply that they would have to expand that location.

Also does anyone have a concrete time period as to when Bass Pro Shops will open in Dieppe.

And I hope that the mall is able to fill in the vacant spots it has..

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 10:14 AM
I have no Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
The Robins in the Esso on the corner of Plaza and Mapleton is all gutted. With the Tims is moving there, I wonder if Robins will buy the old Tims building.
I wouldn't be surprised if tims kept both locations at least until they build the new tim hortons down by Mavericks that I heard about in an earlier thread.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if tims kept both locations at least until they build the new tim hortons down by Mavericks that I heard about in an earlier thread.
I'm wondering why it would not been built yet with so many options available on construction companies, and even going prefabricated as well. If that is the case but I know a while back someone had talked about Building another Fast food strip like the Paul Street area in Dieppe, and and Mountain Road between Ultramar, and Canadian Tire. But the restaurants being closer together.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 1:26 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post
This move by Timmie's to replace Robin's in the Esso station just across the street is damned peculiar. Their current store (at Plaza & Mapleton) is nearly new and probably was constructed no more than 5-7 years ago. I can't imagine them abandoning it, especially since it always seems busy. I tend to agree with you Hogie, maybe they'll keep both locations open. There could be some value to having drive thru locations on both sides of the street just to prevent issues with turning traffic.

In addition, as has been mentioned, there is yet another Timmie's planned just a km down Mapleton at the corner of Lady Ada as part of an Irving/Circle K/Timmie's combo store. This seems like overkill to me.......

Last edited by MonctonRad; Sep 4, 2015 at 1:51 PM.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 1:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan.richard View Post
I was thinking IF Giant Tiger goes into the existing Dollorrama location on Main would this imply that they would have to expand that location.
I'm pretty sure Giant Tiger will be moving into the remainder of the former Zeller's vacant space in the Superstore Mall.

Quote:
Also, does anyone have a concrete time period as to when Bass Pro Shops will open in Dieppe.
Nope. Bass Pro is probably staying mum just to allow for leeway for any possible snags that might cause delays in their grand opening. They might be open by late October, but it's probably more reasonable to expect an opening in mid November.

In any event, the place is a veritable hive of activity and it's safe to say that BPS is pulling out all the stops to make sure they open as soon as possible.......

Edit

The Facebook page for the Moncton BPS store states an opening date of "early October". This was posted only a couple of days ago, so can be considered as being "fresh" information.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Sep 4, 2015 at 2:14 PM.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 2:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Bass Pro Shops Moncton

I did some more digging on the interweb:

I found these couple of photos on line. They show workers busily installing shelving units inside the store, and some of the units appear to have merchandise on them. Maybe an early October opening date is possible!

source http://1source.basspro.com/index.php...5&photoid=4365

These are the first photos I've seen of the inside of the store.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 3:12 PM

Quote:
It was said in the T&T that Giant Tiger is in fact going into the former Zeller's location. Or what is left of it in front of the CBC.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks5477 View Post
It was said in the T&T that Giant Tiger is in fact going into the former Zeller's location. Or what is left of it in front of the CBC.
Aren't they taking up that whole part of the Building the Old Zellers, and Dollorama Since the pictures they had for the T&T article had an outdoor entrance it would also explain why they have that entire area walled off...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces