HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 5, 2011, 2:53 PM

Bathurst

Leon's is setting up shop on St-Peters avenue, taking the place of the house of furniture, mostlu a change in banner, from Home Furniture to Leon's

Minacs call center going in the hole that the Aliant call center made when it was shut down on King Ave, fairely new building, brigning more people downtown!!!

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 1:21 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

New psychiatric facility to be built in Campbellton
Times & transcript staff

CAMPBELLTON - Premier David Alward has turned the sod for the construction of a new psychiatric hospital in northern New Brunswick.

The $124-million Restigouche Hospital Centre will replace the old psychiatric facility in Campbellton. It is scheduled to open during the fall of 2014.

"I am pleased that work is getting underway for this state-of-the-art facility, which will provide better care for New Brunswickers with mental illnesses, with an increased focus on recovery, rehabilitation and community-based support," said Alward.

The centre will have 140 beds in seven in-patient units, along with education and research services, clinical support services, administration and general support services. Vitalité Health Network says it will provide a modern standard of health care for patients in the areas of: tertiary rehabilitation psychiatry; older adult psychiatry; and co-occurring mental health and intellectually disabled psychiatry.

The centre will also provide forensic psychiatry for the province.

"The new building will offer a more modern and safe working environment for employees and doctors, but above all, it will provide a living environment that better responds to specific patient needs," said Joey Caissie, president and chief executive officer, Vitalité Health Network, in a news release.

The project is a private-public partnership, with construction and engineering giant SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. selected to do the work.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 11:06 PM

Thx MonctonRad, I was sleeping on the switch on that one

Old Posted Oct 17, 2011, 4:13 PM

Edmundston - 85 new jobs!!

Cercueils Alliance St-Laurent

Plus de travail à Edmundston

EDMUNDSTON – Cercueils Alliance Saint-Laurent ferme son usine au Témiscouata pour regrouper toute sa production à ses installations d’Edmundston.

La production de l'usine de Dégelis (85 emplois), au Témiscouata, sera transférée à celle d’Edmundston qui emploie déjà 85 personnes.

Gilles Duval, AN, edition d'aujourd'hui.

They are also moving into the old intertape polymer building in the industrial park, pretty sure most of them will commute to work but if 1/3rd would relocate to the city with their families, that would be awesome!!!

Last edited by theshark; Oct 18, 2011 at 5:14 PM.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2011, 5:13 PM

Bathurst

New tender has gone out for the developpment of the Kent properties downtown Bathurst, its currently a big parking lot. Last deal with a Saint John firm fell trough as they went over the deadlines fixed by the city and nothing was built.

It is prime downtown land, city hopes for a mix of residential/commercial and they have no interest in surface parking lots other than street parking so hope for the best!!

Old Posted Oct 25, 2011, 5:27 PM

Edmundston

The new addition to the regional sport complex is ready to go, financing has been approved by 3 government and construction could start any day now. An investment of close to 10 Million dollars.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2011, 2:04 PM

Edmundston

Pet Valu is opening a store in the plaza corp properties in front of wal mart. only 1 space left int that strip mall now. This area has became quite a busy area in town. If some of you remebered Victoria street just before the wal mart opened, 7-8 years ago, it was mostly residential but now, its almost all commercial.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2011, 2:08 PM

Caraquet

Sobey`s has been buying up land to eventually build a store in Caraquet. Will be good for that place as per food retailer I think they only had a co-op. And with that it means a good 50 jobs for sure for that area.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2011, 2:15 PM

Bathurst

A new foundation is being laid on St-Anne street ( for those who don't know, it`s the street the KC Irving center is on) This area has seen considerable growth this year with a St-Hubert Express, Hatheway Ford`s new dealership and now this other project located between Nepisiguit river company and Emco plumbing. There was the rumor of a subway for this area of town and with the footprint, it might just be it.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 5:03 PM

Edmundston

A Shell truck stop is slated to open in february on the land owned by the Madawaska first nation near the hospital in Edmundston right by the TCH. They have been doing major work to level that piece of land in the last few months. This is the first of several businesses that should set up shop in that area.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 3:22 PM

Bathurst

A new 8 million hotel and convention center is slated to open on the old Kent property downtown. A company from alberta has slated the proposal. Details and renders should appear shortly. I don't think it will occupy the whole lot since if I recall correctly, its phase one. Phase two should include office space and appartments or condos.

It will be a big boost for downtown! too Bad they could not reach an agreement with the owner of Le Chateau Bathurst, this remains the boarded up eyesore.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 11:13 PM

From the Mighty Chi!

Plastered all over the news! Sunny Corner enterprises will create 172 new jobs in the Miramichi area. Good news for the place, this will hopefully be a boost to the area!

Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
Sobey`s has been buying up land to eventually build a store in Caraquet. Will be good for that place as per food retailer I think they only had a co-op. And with that it means a good 50 jobs for sure for that area.
Hi theshark looks like you're the only one on this site lately

For the Sobeys in Caraquet: do you know where actually they will build the store? I always thought that the land across from the Drive-in and Lanteingne Sport would be an ideal spot. It’s a big grass field that goes almost all the way to the shoreline.

For Bathurts: Have you heard that the Twin Cinemas was bought and the Farmers Market will move in! They will add several garage doors along the building to also have access on the side. Next to it, the old Kent Store lot, will be a brand new Hotel/Convention Center!!

Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 4:19 PM

Haha yes I feel like Smevo on the Sydney area post lol

As for the Sobeys, it should be near the only set of lights in Caraquet, probably somewhere around the Jean Coutu/ Tim's area on Blvd St-Pierre but i'm not too sure. Will be good for that area.

For the Farmers Market, Yes I actually read about it this morning. It had already been proposed in the past but they went trough with it now. I can see people complaining about the parking already but it will add more pedestrian traffic downtown as people will have to park all over the place and walk a little.

Can't wait to see the renders for the new hotel, I predict 2-3 stories which would add nice density to the core. Land should be in the hands of the developper after jan 1st and phase one should start in the spring.
Phase 2, offices and appartments should be completed within the next 3 years.

And for the rest of the north;
Peninsula- Tracadie; Numerous stores rumored, new bypass open and that opened up land. Nothing confirmed but Kent, wal-mart and others are rumored.
Shipaggan- New $4.4 million convention center that should take form next year

Chaleur- Bathurst; St-Anne street is filling up, New medical office, dental and Ford dealership progressing good. 2 new developpment on St-peters street, Old Pro medic location being renovated for something else and the old gas station next to Burger King has been knocked down, and hay is recovering the digging area for an early spring start. Still trying to find out what it will be.

Miramichi- Last time I was in that area(Fall), there was digging on King george Hwy near the mall on the river side, Anyone knows what this is?
As for the new payroll center, the Miramichi mall in Newcastle is rumored to be the spot.

Madawaska- Edmundston; Jean Coutu, Native's commercial Land and Residence jo-din progressing along. Something hush hush would be going on with the lands of the properties that burned last month Downtown and Energie Edmundston now has 3100 more clients!

Clair- As Nadeau poultry lays off 60 workers, Sunnymel who is building a new slaughter house has started to hire 250!

As for Grand falls, Campbellton and other areas, I have no clue

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 7:24 PM
Sarcstic Caper in Exile

Quote:
Keep the updates coming. I'm not as familiar with the area as I once was, but it's nice to see the activity happening in Northern NB.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 8:05 PM

Happy new year to you all, best whishes for you and famillies in 2012. Please be carefull on the roads during this season!

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 2:04 PM

Happy New Year

I got the scoop; A new stand-alone National Bank is going to be built next to the Burger King on St. Peters!

I like the new St. Huberts Express on St. Anne, they should have more across the province!!

Quote:

As for the Sobeys, it should be near the only set of lights in Caraquet, probably somewhere around the Jean Coutu/ Tim's area on Blvd St-Pierre but i'm not too sure. Will be good for that area.

For the Farmers Market, Yes I actually read about it this morning. It had already been proposed in the past but they went trough with it now. I can see people complaining about the parking already but it will add more pedestrian traffic downtown as people will have to park all over the place and walk a little.

Can't wait to see the renders for the new hotel, I predict 2-3 stories which would add nice density to the core. Land should be in the hands of the developper after jan 1st and phase one should start in the spring.
Phase 2, offices and appartments should be completed within the next 3 years.

And for the rest of the north;
Peninsula- Tracadie; Numerous stores rumored, new bypass open and that opened up land. Nothing confirmed but Kent, wal-mart and others are rumored.
Shipaggan- New $4.4 million convention center that should take form next year

Chaleur- Bathurst; St-Anne street is filling up, New medical office, dental and Ford dealership progressing good. 2 new developpment on St-peters street, Old Pro medic location being renovated for something else and the old gas station next to Burger King has been knocked down, and hay is recovering the digging area for an early spring start. Still trying to find out what it will be.

Miramichi- Last time I was in that area(Fall), there was digging on King george Hwy near the mall on the river side, Anyone knows what this is?
As for the new payroll center, the Miramichi mall in Newcastle is rumored to be the spot.

Madawaska- Edmundston; Jean Coutu, Native's commercial Land and Residence jo-din progressing along. Something hush hush would be going on with the lands of the properties that burned last month Downtown and Energie Edmundston now has 3100 more clients!

Clair- As Nadeau poultry lays off 60 workers, Sunnymel who is building a new slaughter house has started to hire 250!

As for Grand falls, Campbellton and other areas, I have no clue

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Guy View Post
Happy New Year

I like the new St. Huberts Express on St. Anne, they should have more across the province!!
Seems like this new format is working well for St-Hubert. For the longest time they underwent no expansion in the province, now there's a new one of these express stores in Saint John and another one rumored to open in Dieppe.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2012, 12:44 PM

I also heard about the rumours of one opening in Dieppe. Did not know they had already one in Saint John...

Other news for Bathurst; a fine chocolate store is to open on main street (not sure of the location). It's nice to have accessibility of more refine products; however I am sadden to hear that "Le caprice des gourmands" is closing at the Promenade Waterfront. The selection of chesses, deli and "home-made smoke meat" was like nowhere else in the province

Old Posted Jan 4, 2012, 7:30 PM

Thx Sushi Guy! you seem to be well connected, are you from around here?

Wonder if the national bank will just be an additional location or if it will replace their current location on main, seems a bit small to me but hey things can be surprising.

As for the chocolate shop, its one of the newest additions in downtown! with also the new woman's clothing store next to resto grec. Downtown is starting to look pretty good!

Yes I know for le Caprice Gourmand Robert had the best Montreal smoke meat around and all his selection of cheese and charcutterie was to die for. He will still be around at farmers markets ( Bathurst and soon in Beresford but the selection will not be near what he had) and he was thinking of maybe opening a store in his home but he did not know yet.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces