HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 1:21 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmatt View Post
New tennant next to Red Satay (across from the cathedral on St. George) is called Savannah RestoLounge.
Good stuff mmmatt, but I wonder if this news should have gone into the [Moncton] Centre thread instead. I sort of envisage the Retail thread dealing with news pertaining to Champlain Place, the Power Centres or with major retailers like the Bay or Target. Smaller neighbourhood updates I think belong in the various neighbourhood threads (IMHO).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And in other news, I came across an interesting job posting on Worktropolis, looking for a store manager for a new Swarovski store at Champlain Place.

http://m.workopolis.com/shared/jobse...=en&isDirect=Y

It seems like online job posting sites are a goldmine of information when it comes to getting the inside scoop on new retailers to the area.....

Swarovski is also looking for managers in Saint John and Halifax as well.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 1:50 AM

Actually, it seems like the single job posting for Dieppe was also posted in the Saint John and Halifax sections.

I can't believe how successful CF has been at attracting retailers to Champlain recently. Moncton is once again going to be by far the smallest city in Canada to land this brand. The relative quiescence in retail in recent years coupled with an accelerating growth rate is creating the perfect storm.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Good stuff mmmatt, but I wonder if this news should have gone into the [Moncton] Centre thread instead. I sort of envisage the Retail thread dealing with news pertaining to Champlain Place, the Power Centres or with major retailers like the Bay or Target. Smaller neighbourhood updates I think belong in the various neighbourhood threads (IMHO).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And in other news, I came across an interesting job posting on Worktropolis, looking for a store manager for a new Swarovski store at Champlain Place.

http://m.workopolis.com/shared/jobse...=en&isDirect=Y

It seems like online job posting sites are a goldmine of information when it comes to getting the inside scoop on new retailers to the area.....

Swarovski is also looking for managers in Saint John and Halifax as well.
They are probably hiring for their existing Halifax store in HSC, unless they are opening a second Halifax store in in Mic Mac

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 7:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
I can't believe how successful CF has been at attracting retailers to Champlain recently. Moncton is once again going to be by far the smallest city in Canada to land this brand. The relative quiescence in retail in recent years coupled with an accelerating growth rate is creating the perfect storm.
This is the beauty of Moncton now being a CMA. This gives prospective retailers a wealth of demographic information about our city which wasn't available 15 years ago when we were merely a CA. Information like this is pure gold to anyone wanting to chose a location to set up shop.

I'm sure that it hasn't escaped the attention of these people that Moncton has the fifth highest growth rate amongst Canadian CMAs, and the highest growth rate east of Saskatchewan.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 1:35 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Compilation of Champlain Place Developments

Coach will be opening across from Starbucks in the old Northern Reflections location
Sephora will be opening (June) in the old Addition-elle location
Pseudio will be opening in the old Colpitts location
Pandora confirmed by an internet job postin on WowJobs
Swarovski confirmed by an internet job posting on Worktropolis
Smart Set reopening is imminent
Booster Juice opened last week at subsidiary food court next to Sobeys
Pretzel Maker will be opening next to Booster Juice very soon
Yves Rocher relocating next to Charm Jewelry
Master Cuts has relocated to the old Jon Raymond location near ScotiaBank
Soft Moc has relocated to old Roots location

If I was to guess, I would wonder about Swarovski opening in the old Yves Rocher location and Pandora opening in the old Soft Moc location.

I may have missed something, but you get the idea. Theres lots going on and I think more to come with some of the reshuffling of old stores to new locations. I still think Fossil may be coming as well, but as of yet I have no proof.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Apr 4, 2012 at 1:53 AM.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 5:43 PM
Our Tide is Rising

Smart Set is now open...SoftMoc is also open in their new location and their old location is already under renovation

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 3:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

And the exodus of local retailers from Champlain Place continues.......

I guess Champlain (Singer) Sewing Centre will soon be decamping the mall for a storefront location somewhere on Paul Street. I think the only local flavour left is Cuts 2000 up by Sobeys. I wonder when they'll move out.....

Oh well, just more spaces to be filled by (upscale) national retailers..... I wonder who'll move in next? I could see something food-courty moving intp Cuts 2000 since it is on the subsidiary food court and right next to Booster Juice and (the soon to be opened) Pretzel Maker locations.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 4:56 PM

lot next to dairy queen

Im wondering if there is any word on when constuction will start on the strip mall?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 5:31 PM

I'd be happy with Cinnabon, Kernels or Rocky Mountain. Please not another smoothie or coffee place.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 5:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecrazyleafsfan View Post
Im wondering if there is any word on when constuction will start on the strip mall? (in front of NBCC)
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

Rumour is that the strip mall will get underway in the next couple of months.

Rumour is that the anchor will be Aaron's, moving out of the adjacent Northwest Centre. It could be that the spaces in this strip mall might all get filled by refugees from the NW Centre, which would free up space for an expanded footprint for the anticipated Target store....

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 6:40 PM

proposed concept renderings

City of Moncton / Ville de Moncton

Come to Moncton City Hall on Thursday, April 12 at noon where the City of Moncton will unveil four concept renderings for the proposed Downtown Centre.

Venez à l'hôtel de ville de Moncton le jeudi 12 avril à midi où la Ville de Moncton va dévoilé quatre conceptions pour le complex au centre-ville

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 5:50 PM
I have no Title

The Bay

So do we know for sure if the bay is closing or moving?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 7:46 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post
So do we know for sure if the bay is closing or moving?
I fear that the store will not be relocating. From what I hear, there just isn't anyplace suitable for them to move into.

I do think that the Bay remains interested in Moncton. If a suitable space became available in the future (Champlain Place or in a rejuvenated downtown development), I think that they could come back.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 12:24 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Champlain Place Update:

- Pretzelmaker/Mrs. Fields is now open next to Booster Juice in the subsidiary food court in front of Sobeys.
- There is now a building permit posted on the former Soft Moc location, confirming that this space is being renovated for Pandora.

There are a number of renovations going on in the mall for all the stores previously listed on the compilation list several posts back. As far as I can tell, there are only two unassigned storefronts in the mall that are not yet undergoing renovations. These are the former Mastercuts location and the old Marie Claire location. I'm sure we'll be able to ferret out information about what is going on here in the next few months.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 12:46 AM

Moxie's

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctnguy View Post
I wonder if it's going to be in one of those smaller buildings at the entrance of the mapleton commercial development.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 1:04 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
I wonder if it's going to be in one of those smaller buildings at the entrance of the mapleton commercial development.
I just betcha you're right. There are two restaurant pads available in the Mapleton Power Centre development, both right on Mapleton Road and I'm certain this must be one of them!!!

Getting a Moxie's in Moncton is huge. It's a great restaurant chain.

We're just falling over ourselves with good news in the last couple of weeks!!

There will be an interesting dynamics (synergy) between Moxie's and the Mavericks restaurant at the Future Inn just down the road. I think they might be able to feed off one another.....

Last edited by MonctonRad; Apr 14, 2012 at 1:24 AM.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 6:45 PM

I've been reading through this thread and it's nice to see that Moncton will be getting some new higher-end retail stores. I've never been to Champlain Place, but my wife has shopped there and enjoyed the mall very much. Too bad it takes St. John's so long to get new retail stores (although it is getting better). I think these stores will add to the success of the mall... happy shopping everyone

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 9:53 PM

another new restaurant

the "Red Leaf Grill & Lounge Ltd.", we will be located at 938 Mountain Rd. ( Next to NB Liquor & Fairlanes Bowling )
We will be requiring staff for all shifts and all stations.(Sorry no Breakfast Shift) The restaurant will not be in operation till potentially mid- june

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 9:18 PM

Mike's Bike Shop is opening a new store this summer on Englehart St in Dieppe. I think they already have a warehouse in the Dieppe Industrial Park, so I assume they'll just combine the new shop with their warehouse. New 14,000-sq ft building, and an expected 14 new jobs.

Source: see below

Press release, two more renderings & more information: http://mikesbikeshop.ca/news/newshop-pg188.htm

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces