HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 5:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

[Moncton] Riverview Developments

This is another of the community (neighbourhood) specific threads for the Greater Moncton Area.

It was announced in the paper today that the proposed zoning changes for the Clayton Developments subdivision as part of the Moncton Golf and Country Club redevelopment has passed first and second readings at Riverview Town Council.

The development will include 149 single unit dwellings, 23 townhouse condominium clusters, 17 freehold townhouse bungalows and 234 units in multi-unit buildings. There will be five multi-unit buildings, each 4-5 stories tall.

There was only one objection to the development at the public hearing part of the rezoning process and this had to do with the multistorey apartment buildings. This single objection was not felt sufficient enough to prevent the rezoning process proceding as planned.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 1:46 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This shows the land in question where rezoning is planned to allow for the Clayton Developments project.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 2:04 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This shows the entire Clayton Developements project:

Quote:
Below is the updated plan for the residential community at the Moncton G&CC that is going to be built by Clayton Developments:

This plan has changed substantially from the initial proposal and no longer incorporates any courseside lots. I don't find this particularly inspiring but Clayton Developments does good work and this will be the first of a number of developments which will soon line Gunningsville Blvd and help to densify the eastern section of Riverview.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 2:07 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This shows the Municipal Development Plan as it pertains to East Riverview:

Quote:

The image above is from the 2012 Riverview municipal development plan. You can clearly see that the extension of Pinewood Road is to be realligned and will intersect the top end of Gunningsville Blvd. It will cross Gunningsville Blvd and then head north, crossing the (future) Bridgedale Blvd and finally joining with Wendell St.

This map is also kinda neat in that it clearly shows the future allignment of Bridgedale Blvd, where it will connect with Gunningsville Blvd and how it will lie behind the (future) Gunningsville School.

The municipal plan also explicitly states that there will be a commercial/retail node at the Gunningsville/Bridgedale Blvd intersection.

Red = commercial
Yellow = residential
Green = parkland/institutional

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 12:53 AM
Random Contributor

MLS has renders of the new Condos in Riverview just off Gunningsville Blvd., between Findlay Blvd., and Pine Glen Road.

The Villas at Brydon Brook are an exciting new project located off Gunningsville Blvd between Findlay Blvd and Pine Glen Road. Each Villa features 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms with private garage.

Renders

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetail...Key=1868407571

Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 11:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Time for a Riverview update:

The new Kent in the old Sobeys location on Coverdale Road is almost ready. Opening day is about two weeks off.

Bella Casa II (and I) located at the main entrance to the Moncton G&CC off of Coverdale Road.

This is what Dr John McManaman has planned for Gunningsville Blvd, not too far from the Sobeys in Findlay Park. The professional centre will include yet another of his orthodontics clinics. I didn't know there were that many people in greater Moncton with bad teeth!

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 1:29 AM
Moderator / Supervillain

It's nice to see some higher density development happening along the waterfront in Riverview.

With the new school, the Cordova stuff, and all of the residential going up in the area, I think we're poised to see Gunningsvill take off as the next big growth area in the city.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 12:47 PM

Wow the people on the end units of Bella Casa I must be pissed off by the construction of "II"...their view to the left out their windows has all but been obstructed by the new building (look at the shadow on the units on the far right of I). If it were me and I'd spent all that money on one of those units I'd be very upset.

JL

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 7:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Kent store in Riverview is now open for business.

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 12:10 AM

Pomerleau was low bidder at $17.75M for new Riverview School today. Another school that probably won't open in September 2013

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 12:51 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over60 View Post
Pomerleau was low bidder at $17.75M for new Riverview School today. Another school that probably won't open in September 2013
That seems like a pretty low bid!

Still, that will be three new schools under construction in the metro area next year. When you add this into the downtown projects already proposed, renovations for the new Target store and continued expansion of the Mapleton Centre and 2013 should be a very good year for the city.

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 3:08 PM

There were five bidders and i believe the high bid was around $18.3M. Not sure what the budget was. If it is within budget, it would be one of the few in the last few years.

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 6:38 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is now a construction trailer on site in Findlay Park, on the patch of undeveloped land immediately in front of the new Canadian Tire store. I have variously heard that there would either be a fast food enterprise or a small strip mall built here. Whatever this is, it would appear that construction is imminent.

Old Posted May 10, 2012, 11:50 PM
Random Contributor

Looks like work has begun on the new East Riverview school so it is on track for the planned opening in the fall of 2013

Land is now being cleared for the school behind Old Coach Road.

Old Posted May 12, 2012, 1:53 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Sleuth in the T&T today hinted that Riverview may soon see a new Little Caesar's & Swiss Chalet.

The Sleuth is often (not always) on the mark. I am surprised by the Swiss Chalet rumour since they just opened their second restaurant in Moncton only last year, but it has been a success and perhaps they think it is time to venture onto the other side of the river.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the imminent construction on the vacant lot in front of the Canadian Tire in Findlay Park?

Old Posted May 12, 2012, 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=MonctonRad;5698873]The Sleuth in the T&T today hinted that Riverview may soon see a new Little Caesar's & Swiss Chalet.

The Sleuth is often (not always) on the mark. I am surprised by the Swiss Chalet rumour since they just opened their second restaurant in Moncton only last year, but it has been a success and perhaps they think it is time to venture onto the other side of the river.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the imminent construction on the vacant lot in front of the Canadian Tire in Findlay Park?[/QUOT

Little Caesar's will be part of the new strip mall but not Swiss Chalet, comes from a reliable source. Swiss Chalet was considered but supposedly not enough lunch crowd in Riverview.

Old Posted May 14, 2012, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
This shows the Municipal Development Plan as it pertains to East Riverview:
I'm very happy to see they actually plan to use the right of way that was acquired in the 70's to connect to Dieppe when they originally build the Wheeler Traffic Circle. In all of the Future Use Land Maps up until 2011, they never had a road planned for that right of way. I always kind of thought it was a waste it they didn't ever end up using it.

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The Sleuth in the T&T today hinted that Riverview may soon see a new Little Caesar's & Swiss Chalet.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the imminent construction on the vacant lot in front of the Canadian Tire in Findlay Park?
I was just over there today. The foundation is being poured as we speak and there's no development signs anywhere. Footprint appears big enough to house a Little Caesar's/Swiss Chalet.

And NBLiquor is also open in the Sobeys building. Same type of set-up as the Main/VaughnHarvey location. I do find it's kinda of hidden on the left hand side of the building though. I never actually noticed it driving up and parking my vehicle on the right hand side of the lot.

I noticed some people walking towards that end of the building and I had no idea where these people were going. So, being curious, I walked over and only then did I notice the NBLiquor entrance.

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
And NBLiquor is also open in the Sobeys building. Same type of set-up as the Main/VaughnHarvey location.
The Riverview NB Liquor store opened in late May of last year.

Old Posted May 26, 2012, 5:57 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here are a few construction pictures I took around Riverview today:

Woodside Terrace - under construction across from the PetroCan/Country Stye on hillsborough Road

The new retail strip being built on the other side of the Canadian Tire parking lot in Findlay Park. This is rumoured to contain a Lttle Caesars Pizza and possibly a Swiss Chalet.

There appears to be phase two work beginning at Findlay Park Commons. There is a foundation currently being laid. The photo below shows "phase one" - now complete and home to a Guardian Drug store and other smaller businesses

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces