HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 28, 2012, 5:59 PM
Our Tide is Rising

Nice! Thanks for the pics MonctonRad...I didnt know about that Woodside Terrace building...looks nice...and big too

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 2:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Architectural rendering for the new Gunningsville School, a K-8 facility to be built off the Old Coach Road, just to the north of the (future) Bridgedale Blvd.

This school is budgetted to cost $21.7M and will sit on 29 acres of land. Opening date will be September 2013.

Future plans may include an adjacent community/recreation centre for East Riverview, possibly including a double pad hockey arena. This would be the responsibility of the town and there are no firm plans, but there is enough available land on the site to accomodate such a development.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jun 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 11:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Update on the new strip mall being built across from the Canadian Tire in Findlay Park:

The sign at the front of the lot indicates six units in the building, two of which are already leased. These are a Credit Union branch and a Little Caesar's Pizza outlet. There is not a Swiss Chalet listed amongst the tenants. The remaining four untis are still for lease.

Also, the structural framing for Findlay Park Commons (phase two) has also been put up.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 5:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to the T&T, Riverview town council is planning to hire a consulting firm to come up with a master plan for a possible new park in the east end of Riverview. The park would be located in the vicinity of the Mill Creek resevoir, to the south of the (future) Bridgedale Blvd. It would correspond to the large green tract on this image of the master development plan for the east end of Riverview.

The successful company would have six months to come up with a concept plan, and a 10 year time frame for it's implementation. The park would include hiking and cross country skiing trails as well as canoeing and kayaking on the resevoir. The trails could connect into the Dobson Trail system leading to Fundy Park.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2012, 7:49 PM

The former DOMAC/BMR/TIM-BR MART on Trites Road has been sold. I wonder what is in store?

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 1:34 AM

I'm disappointed that there will not be a swiss chalet going into the new plaza, i think it would have been great for the town and the development of the findlay area. The Findlay park commons phase 2, is coming along, frame and roof is up. Supposedly going to be a medical clinic. Which would be Great for the Guardian Pharmacy, in the existing building.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 1:38 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2012, 8:03 PM

Has anyone heard further info in the Clayton Developments project in Riverview? Seems to have gone totally quiet. Thanks!

Old Posted Jul 21, 2012, 11:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

I have heard nothing new on Clayton Developments in Riverview. The zoning changes have been approved, so I presume that Clayton is just waiting until market conditions are right to proceed.

I doubt that we will see anything this year. Perhaps they will start next spring. It will be interesting to see if they begin with the subdivision or with the condo/apartment development on the other side of Gunningsville Blvd.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2012, 2:45 AM

Thanks so much MR. We are relocating to the area and wanted to include this development in our search for building lots, as we really like Riverview. This is a great site to see what is going on around the market area and seems to have a lot of interested people on the ground.
By the by, love seeing the Cats play when in town, good hockey.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 11:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current Status of the new Gunningsville K-8 School

While the two other recent additions to the inventory of anglophone schools in metro Moncton (Northrup Frye School & Moncton High School) have been (or are being) relegated to the outside fringes of the city, I must admit that the location for the Gunningsville School is just right. It is being built on flat land, surrounded by forest, immediately adjacent to the old residential neighbourhoods of Gunningsville and will be very close to the (future) Bridgedale Blvd, and all the new residential neighbourhoods that will bring. I approve!

Old Posted Aug 16, 2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
MLS has renders of the new Condos in Riverview just off Gunningsville Blvd., between Findlay Blvd., and Pine Glen Road.

The Villas at Brydon Brook are an exciting new project located off Gunningsville Blvd between Findlay Blvd and Pine Glen Road. Each Villa features 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms with private garage.

Renders

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetail...Key=1868407571
Construction has started...

Old Posted Aug 16, 2012, 11:24 PM

Exterior work has been completed on the new strip mall next to Canadian Tire.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2012, 3:11 PM

Official groundbreaking for new Gunningsville school

Cathy LeBreton - Staff Aug 28, 2012 12:35:24 PM
More Sharing Services

RIVERVIEW, N.B. - The shovels are officially in the ground for the new K-8 school in east Riverview.

A number of dignitaries were on hand today for the official sod-turning ceremony on the new Gunningsville school, which is being built on an 11.6 hectare lot off the Old Coach Road.

Education Minister Jody Carr is pleased with the location of the new school, which was selected with a view to future municipal growth.

"That's how we've determined a lot of our school project locations in the Moncton area, based on criteria and environment, and working with partners."

Local MLA Wayne Steeves says the school will be a catalyst for development in the area.

"I think this will open up this area of Riverview, and people will want to live here because there's schools close by. I think it's really going to develop it."

The new $21.6-million facility is slated to open next fall.

It will replace both the Gunningsville and Lower Coverdale elementary schools, both of which were built in the 1950's.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 3:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Building permits YTD in the town of Riverview total $37.4M

This is a significant increase over last year at this point ($21.5M). The town is indeed growing quickly, especially the east end (Gunningsville area) and I;m sure a lot of this has to do with the long needed replacement of the Gunningsville Bridge.

A good chunk of the increase in building permit value this year may be related to the new Gunningsville School.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 2:03 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current status of the K-8 Gunningsville School in east Riverview.

I remain very pleased with the location of this school, immediately behind the established neighbourhoods in Gunningsville and yet close to (the future) Bridgedale Blvd. I predict this section of the town will explode in growth in the next 10 years.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2012, 3:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It's in the T&T today that the reason why there has been no progress (yet) on the Clayton Developments residential project off Gunningsville Blvd is because of a legal tussle over an existing right-of-way. The town plans on a formal expropriation to expedite the process.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2012, 5:29 PM

Thanks MR

We were in Moncton & area for few weeks in Sept and I got the full story on the Moncton Golf Course land issue. Was a jaw dropper for me, having to go as far a expropriating small section of right of way! Still chuckling at the silliness.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 2:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A meeting was held recently at Riverview town hall to discuss active transportation issues.

A number of interesting points were brought up, but perhaps the most intriguing idea was for a third (pedestrian and bicycle) crossing of the Petitcodiac, connecting the east end of Riverview directly to downtown Moncton.

This idea has merit. Gunningsville Bridge has a wide walkway for pedestrians and cyclists, but the Causeway is a disaster for anyone trying to get across the river by foot. Another pedestrian and cycling link is worth further consideration.

There is already a trail extending out into the Riverview Marsh to the north of the waste treatment facility at Outhouse Point. This terminates at the riverbank directly across from Chateau Moncton. A pedestrian bridge could be constructed here that could make easy access between Moncton, Riverview and Dieppe.

I envisage such a bridge could look a lot like the existing pedestrian bridge across the mouth of Hall's Creek connecting Moncton and Dieppe. What do other people think?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
A meeting was held recently at Riverview town hall to discuss active transportation issues.

A number of interesting points were brought up, but perhaps the most intriguing idea was for a third (pedestrian and bicycle) crossing of the Petitcodiac, connecting the east end of Riverview directly to downtown Moncton.

This idea has merit. Gunningsville Bridge has a wide walkway for pedestrians and cyclists, but the Causeway is a disaster for anyone trying to get across the river by foot. Another pedestrian and cycling link is worth further consideration.

There is already a trail extending out into the Riverview Marsh to the north of the waste treatment facility at Outhouse Point. This terminates at the riverbank directly across from Chateau Moncton. A pedestrian bridge could be constructed here that could make easy access between Moncton, Riverview and Dieppe.

I envisage such a bridge could look a lot like the existing pedestrian bridge across the mouth of Hall's Creek connecting Moncton and Dieppe. What do other people think?
Considering I live in the Carriage Hill development and work downtown, I think this is an amazing idea. Walking to work, or just simply walking downtown would be much more attractive. And with growth in that end of Riverview expected to jump with the building of the new K-8 school, it could get a lot of use!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces