HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 25, 2012, 12:44 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
This is just my opinion, but there is just too many threads about the Greater Moncton area, I don't think it's needed and most of these should all be merged...
Just plain silly, sorry.
The main Moncton thread has surpassed 10,000 posts and is due for retirement.

The issue was "what to do to replace it"

The St. John's forumers at about the same time decided to approach the website administrators with the idea of creating a local or a subforum for the Newfoundland capital. I thought it might be a propitious time for Moncton to do the same thing and I suggested that a subforum be created for Moncton at the same time.

The advantages of having a subforum include:
- better organization of discussions on various topics based on factors such individual project, specific neighbourhood or type of economic activity.
- more coherent discussions on individual topics (before it was possible that a number of unrelated posts could be interposed between a salient post and a reply).
- easier to find relevant older posts that might be germain to a current discussion. For example, there are a number of posts on the main Moncton thread that would be great for reference with relation to the current discussion on the events center, but they are buried somewhere in over 500 pages of posts and are therefore almost impossible to find
- with more threads, the longevity of discussions will be much greater. The main Moncton thread is ready for retirement after only five years.

Unfortunately the website administrators denied the requests by Moncton and St. John's for subforums (for the time being) and suggested the current system as a stopgap that they could monitor and decide at some point in the future whether a subforum is justifiable.

I am not entirely happy with the current situation either, as it is not as organized as a subforum would be. The individual Moncton threads are buried between a bunch of St. John's and unrelated Atlantic Canadian threads and can be difficult to find at times but I think we should try to grin and bear the situation for the time being. If we are able to prove that Monctonians will support multiple threads, I think we will be able to go back to the admins in six months time and make the case again for a full fledged subforum.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2012, 10:20 PM

I agree with MonctonRad.... lets just say short term pain for longterm gain ...It does look unorganised but if it goes through, everything will be all in one place!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 4:22 PM

Some random Dieppe photos from April 14 2012

Gauvin Estates

Not sure why the owner would do this gawd ugly signage on their buildings

I then decided to turn around an take a pic of Irving's little building.

And finally, the pretty much completed new Empire theatre.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 2:05 AM
Moderator / Supervillain

The Transcript is reporting that the city of Dieppe is planning for a new fire station. There's no design yet, but they're saying the location will be around where the final leg of Dieppe Blvd is slated to go.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 10:03 AM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post

Not sure why the owner would do this gawd ugly signage on their buildings
I also find it odd...especially in the case of the office building. That building has been up for what 4 or 5 years now...and its never been more full! Over 90%...so now that its almost full they decide to plaster FOR RENT on it?

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 2:24 PM
Random Contributor

Is this small extension for the Purolator offices?

More square footage inside has reduced the parking even more.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 11:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They are putting in the foundation for the new Jean Coutu pharmacy across from the Co-op supermarket on Dieppe Blvd.

Also, the strip mall going up behind the NB liquor store on Dieppe Blvd is in the process of having it's cladding applied. One of the stores in this strip will be a fish market. They are also beginning to do groundwork next door for the anticipated Esso gas station and Second Cup outlet.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 8:52 PM

They are now removing the tower crane at the Gauvin Estates construction site.

Gauvin Estates by Phil_5, on Flickr

According to the rendering there is supposed to be 3 units within this development, but only two are up for now.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 10:12 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

The developer probably wants to wait a year or two to let the market catch up. That's a pretty big project for the city to absorb with everything else that we've seen go up in the last year.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 11:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It appears that they are in the process of extending Dieppe Blvd to the south of Melanson Rd. Does anyone know anything about this? Excavators are on site and the right of way has been cleared and is currently being levelled.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 12:17 AM
I have no Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
It appears that they are in the process of extending Dieppe Blvd to the south of Melanson Rd. Does anyone know anything about this? Excavators are on site and the right of way has been cleared and is currently being levelled.
I know this has been in the works for quite a while. The road is suppose to extend to Dover Rd, Route 925 eventually to take pressure off of Amirault Rd. I don't know if it is going to stop at Leblanc Rd or if they are going to complete the whole stretch or not.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
The developer probably wants to wait a year or two to let the market catch up. That's a pretty big project for the city to absorb with everything else that we've seen go up in the last year.
The developer is the same that will do the new Hotel in Shediac and he is taking the crane to that location for that construction (at least that's what I heard).

I don't have any information if he wants to wait a year or two to build the third one. But that's not impossible...

Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 2:03 PM

I believe the City to Dieppe is planning on building a second fire hall in that area. Could be prep work for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 2:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
I believe the City to Dieppe is planning on building a second fire hall in that area. Could be prep work for that
Ah, that could be it. Although Dieppe Blvd will eventually be extended to Dover Rd, the current extension doesn't seem very long. I could see this being done to allow for access to a new fire hall though.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 12:04 AM
Our Tide is Rising

There is new construction on Champlain st. between Waste Management and Memco Controls (just past Dieppe Blvd on the left). Looks like small commercial/industrial type development.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2012, 5:05 PM

Ultramar Second Cup

There a ultramar and a second cup getting built beside the NB liquor!

They alredy did the foundation

And there also some nice Condos that is going to be built close to the ultramar!

Last edited by Monctonguy19; Jun 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 3:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

- Structural steel is going up for the new Jean Coutu across from the Co-op grocery store on Dieppe Blvd.

- Also, some steel framing is going up for the new Second Cup/Ultramar Gas Bar on Dieppe Blvd as well.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 11:59 AM

Does anyone know whats going on in front of the ultramar in dieppe? They dirtroyed a building but are they going to build anyting there?

Old Posted Aug 13, 2012, 1:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonguy19 View Post
Does anyone know whats going on in front of the ultramar in dieppe? They dirtroyed a building but are they going to build anyting there?
Kinda wondering the same thing? It went pretty fast too , didnt even know it was suppose to be demolished

Old Posted Aug 14, 2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Kinda wondering the same thing? It went pretty fast too , didnt even know it was suppose to be demolished
Yeah I know! I really hope something nice gets build there to help ''downtown'' dieppe!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces