HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 7:58 PM
ハルウララ

I can't think of many American brands that have chosen Saint John as their first Canadian location. Unfortunately we're not in 1855 anymore.

- - -

There is apparently some sort of announcement at Market Square tomorrow morning for a new children's store or opening of a store aimed at children (or something along those lines). I only heard it on radio news real quick.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebody View Post
Does one get the feeling that if the rumor was that Moncton/Dieppe was getting the first Macy's in Canada there wouldn't be a post saying I'm 110% sure that it wasn't gonna happen. How does anyone know what Macy's plans are.
Haha - I actually was thinking this. But decided to be quiet. However, now that I know I wasn't the only one thinking this, I couldn't resist.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 10:40 PM

Oh brother....I feel the same way! These forums are great for the sharing of ideas and yes, rumours but I find it frustrating when a comment is made and you get "jumped on" by people who are 110% sure that you are wrong!

I think the Macy's rumour is just that...a rumour. For all anyone on this forum knows, unless you happen to sit on the Macy's Brd of Directors, there may be some truth to the broader issue - that being that Macys is looking at the aquistion of Sears Canada which in turn would give them Sears locations right across Canada. I don't think anyone seriously believes that they are targeting only a SJ location. In any event, lets watch the papers and hope that Sears Canada doesn't go bankrupt and leave locations to sit empty! By the way, the nearest Macys is in Bangor.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownJeff View Post
In any event, lets watch the papers and hope that Sears Canada doesn't go bankrupt and leave locations to sit empty!
Considering that Sears Canada is one of my employer's clients, I sincerely hope this does not happen!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 3:26 PM

Sears is in trouble and will be closing stores.
Not sure when the Saint John store will close or any other store for that matter......but it will happen. Not good.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Especially since the nearest Macy's currently to us might be Portland or Boston even.
Bangor, actually.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 9:22 PM

The East Point Shopping Facebook page shows;

What store/service would you most want to see come to East Point Shopping? Spread the word, and generate some buzz. Your voice can make a difference!

Feel free to add to the list!

http://www.facebook.com/EastPointShopping

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 9:55 PM
ハルウララ

What's up with all the Petsmart replies?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_d40 View Post
The East Point Shopping Facebook page shows;

What store/service would you most want to see come to East Point Shopping? Spread the word, and generate some buzz. Your voice can make a difference!

Feel free to add to the list!

http://www.facebook.com/EastPointShopping

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 12:13 AM
Unregistered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnEh View Post
wtf?

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 4:19 PM

I noticed today that the new lights on Rothesay Ave. by Leons are actually for a road that looks like is being built to run up to Eastpoint. (behind the TD building)

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 5:13 PM

Just at Winners and the clerk who waited on me said that Marshall's is coming to Saint John - I think they are Winners parent company - anyone have any other details?

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 5:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Just at Winners and the clerk who waited on me said that Marshall's is coming to Saint John - I think they are Winners parent company - anyone have any other details?
TJ Maxx is the parent company, but Marshall's is the American version of Winner's.

Marshall's is coming to Dartmouth Crossing and to the Northwest Centre in Moncton, so I would not be surprised if it is coming to Saint John as well.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 5:51 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
I noticed today that the new lights on Rothesay Ave. by Leons are actually for a road that looks like is being built to run up to Eastpoint. (behind the TD building)
That will connect in with the other end of East Point if that is indeed the purpose. I really wish they had lined up Retail Drive & Ashburn Lake road. Having three lights within 200 metres is the poorest engineering i've seen around here.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 8:39 PM

Actually the parent company is called TJX Companies Ltd. and is based in Framingham, Massachusetts.

USA-Canada
TJMaxx=Winners
Marshalls=Marshalls
HomeGoods=HomeSense

All TJX banners are doing well in Canada and I would not be surprised to see them come to SJ.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
That will connect in with the other end of East Point if that is indeed the purpose. I really wish they had lined up Retail Drive & Ashburn Lake road. Having three lights within 200 metres is the poorest engineering i've seen around here.
I agree. It does look like it is the road up to eastpoint - drove up and it ends just below the top of the hill - lots of bulldozers etc sitting up there.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
The new traffic light was officially requested by TD Insurance and the landlord of the office building to facilitate the growing workforce transit. There are more than 500 employees working at that location excluding the other tenants.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickMontreal View Post
The new traffic light was officially requested by TD Insurance and the landlord of the office building to facilitate the growing workforce transit. There are more than 500 employees working at that location excluding the other tenants.
Thanks for the update - wow, had no idea that many people worked in that complex. Assuming from what I saw today it will serve both the TD complex and Eastpointe.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 10:35 PM

Today I noticed some activity behind Walmart, as seen in the photos below. I expect that this has to do with the Walmart Superstore conversion, but I'm not sure?

IMG_0594 by I'm Me, Who are You?, on Flickr

IMG_0592 by I'm Me, Who are You?, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
TJ Maxx is the parent company, but Marshall's is the American version of Winner's.

Marshall's is coming to Dartmouth Crossing and to the Northwest Centre in Moncton, so I would not be surprised if it is coming to Saint John as well.
Anyone know where they might locate if they do come to Saint John?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces