HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Sep 14, 2008, 12:25 AM
Stay Thirsty.

Awesome pics. I never get tired of seeing the endless collection of homes and old buildings Denver has in its core. And hardly ever does DenverAztec have more than one pic of the same one. Amazing!

I also love the random photos of cultural events. They add to the flair of the thread. Pridefests, music concerts; I love our active population!

Yikes! Someone's dreamgirl. At least she's happy.

Sucks to be the owner of this Honda.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2008, 6:15 PM
BANNED

I wouldn't mind following that ass down the street. 20th ave looks much different with that biulding up. That went up quick.

Hey baby nice hula loop.

Damn wannabe Hippies consuming useless shit.

Great job as always. I really enjoyed that thread.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2008, 2:24 PM

Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheArtist View Post
Love those big old homes and mansions. Didnt know Denver had so many of them that are so nice. There are a lot of victorian homes, but a lot of the big ones looked to be of the 1910-1920s eras? What brought the money to Denver to build such homes back then?
We are lucky to have maintained so many of the old homes in the city. It is night and day between Denver and the burbs, but there are many really cool mountain towns as well. We actually are second in the country, second to San Francisco, with the amount of Victorian homes we have. They are even in the bad neighborhoods. Back in the late 1800s and early 1900s, we had the same boom as San Francisco due to mining of silver and gold. It was big money back then. The Grant family was pulling in 13 million a year in the early 1900s, that is big money even by today's standards. Denver actually use to boast the most millionaires per square mile in the country back in those days. Sadly, many of the castles and very large mansions were torns down in the 50s, 60s and 70s. But the establishment of historical societies stopped the destruction, thankfully. Now we just need to get a defining skyline to match the low level structures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoRey View Post
Awesome pics. I never get tired of seeing the endless collection of homes and old buildings Denver has in its core. And hardly ever does DenverAztec have more than one pic of the same one. Amazing!

I also love the random photos of cultural events. They add to the flair of the thread. Pridefests, music concerts; I love our active population!

Yikes! Someone's dreamgirl. At least she's happy.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, she was happy but I never did figure out what was up with her attire?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
I wouldn't mind following that ass down the street. 20th ave looks much different with that biulding up. That went up quick.

Great job as always. I really enjoyed that thread.

Though I have never met you, I could imagine you stalking this chick!

20th and the view from Curtis Park/Five Points does look much different with the great new addition. It will be even better when Tabor 2, the Four Seasons and the Spire are completed. You will need to come back for a visit!

Old Posted Sep 15, 2008, 3:13 PM

Wow! You have a great eye for catching the right angles! I love every one of your photo threads so far. I'm sure I walked past you at the Taste and never knew it. You could sell most of these pics as postcards.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2008, 10:02 PM

Great thread. I noticed the Denver boot too, lol.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2008, 11:09 PM
Old Fart Forumer

Wow, I knew Denver has a great skyline, beautiful mountains, and a big airport, but I never knew it has such a wonderful variety of housing options. Helluva tour daz. Thanks for sharing your walk-abouts with us. btw, nice to put a face with a name.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos