HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
The 760 Ralph McGill project is getting bigger. Office space and residential units have increased since originally announced due, in part, to the purchase of an adjoining parcel on Ralph McGill.

If I were a betting man, I would say New City has a tenant lined up - probably a big one. Their timeline is very aggressive.

Why a $750 million project in the Old Fourth Ward may expand
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...urth-ward.html
Did New City ever announce any leases / tenants for 725 Ponce? You think that if they had so much interest at the Ralph McGill site that they'd have at least announce tenants / leases at their building currently under construction. Unless I'm missing something, I haven't even seen any rumors, such as how Star Metals landed Spaces. I just find that odd considering where they are at in the process.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_J View Post
Did New City ever announce any leases / tenants for 725 Ponce? You think that if they had so much interest at the Ralph McGill site that they'd have at least announce tenants / leases at their building currently under construction. Unless I'm missing something, I haven't even seen any rumors, such as how Star Metals landed Spaces. I just find that odd considering where they are at in the process.
Perhaps they are all related?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 1:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
I think so too!
You guys are totally wrong; it is due to open on April 1.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 2:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_J View Post
JP Morgan is financing New City LLC's O4W projects which totals almost $200 Million to date ($155 Million for 725 Ponce and $40 Million for the GA Power site). Since New City LLC was founded in 2016, I suspect JPM is financing 100% of 725 and the GA Power property. Banks don't fund projects/land purchases and most importantly they don't finance speculative commercial developments unless they are extremely confident the market demand is there.

As for Star Metals, it was announced this week Star Metal has secured a 50K sqft lease and will be starting construction in Q3. Market demand has been so high the developer has expanded the total development to 1.4 Million sqft and 31 acres. They have also announced the first office building will be 14 story instead of 12.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post

As for Star Metals, it was announced this week Star Metal has secured a 50K sqft lease and will be starting construction in Q3. Market demand has been so high the developer has expanded the total development to 1.4 Million sqft and 31 acres. They have also announced the first office building will be 14 story instead of 12.
First??

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 3:01 PM

Quote:
The bold part is about the Ga Power Ralph McGill site and not Star Metals, right?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 3:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
The bold part is about the Ga Power Ralph McGill site and not Star Metals, right?
No - the bold part is about Star Metals. Below is a screen shot of their website. SM states the development will be 1,366,500 sqft. However the proposed office and apartment building total approximately 600K sqft. So there is another 766,500 sqft in future phases.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 3:28 PM

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...trip=1&vwsrc=0

This looks to be all of the industrial property up to W Marrietta St north of QTS Incs.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 4:17 PM

They were taking soil samples in the sonic mobile office parking lot on 8th street

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
They were taking soil samples in the sonic mobile office parking lot on 8th street
I'm not sure which lot you are referring?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 4:30 PM

Quote:

I know about Star Metals, which is why I mentioned it. Stockyards is also almost fully leased. Which is why I posited the lack of tenant announcements at 725 Ponce considering where it is. I suppose as a spec office, they can wait, but... still odd.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I'm not sure which lot you are referring?
It’s across 8th st from the Alta tower

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 5:19 PM

Quote:
I'd imagine they're combining the Daiquiri Factory, Scionic Mobile and Dry Cleaner/Pawn Shop sites for a future development opportunity.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
I'd imagine they're combining the Daiquiri Factory, Scionic Mobile and Dry Cleaner/Pawn Shop sites for a future development opportunity.
Thank the lord. That block is such an eyesore now.

Also, what a blast from the past - the surface parking lot where 33 Peachtree Place / Alta / 915Midtown is.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 6:52 PM

Hotel at downtown Atlanta’s northern reaches nabs financing, green light
Well that was quick. This could turn out to be an great adaptive reuse project, and hopefully will add to the street life in the area.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 7:27 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

A few random questions for a school assignment if anyone knows.

Does the city or the developer pay for street scape/lamp post?
What company builds the metal lamp post?
Do they also build the metal new paper kiosk for businesses?
What are the cost per lamp post (excluding the electrical)?

Wasn't sure where to post this, so posted here. Its sort of related to construction. Thanks in advance if anyone knows. (=

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 7:33 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
A few random questions for a school assignment if anyone knows.

Does the city or the developer pay for street scape/lamp post?
What company builds the metal lamp post?
Do they also build the metal new paper kiosk for businesses?
What are the cost per lamp post (excluding the electrical)?

Wasn't sure where to post this, so posted here. Its sort of related to construction. Thanks in advance if anyone knows. (=
Limited input from me on this one:
  • A 'good' 12-foot LED pedestrian pole will run about $1,200 right now excluding installation.
  • In my jurisdiction, it is negotiated with the county. Our most recent installation had the county provide funding (thru their contract with GA Power) for cheaper HPS poles, and we paid the difference to upgrade to LED with nicer fixtures, but it depends on (government/street visibility/perceived need/etc)
  • Lithonia Lighting, a sub-brand under Acuity Brands, is the biggest local manufacturer that I deal with for poles.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 7:39 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATBOYKEV View Post
Limited input from me on this one:
  • A 'good' 12-foot LED pedestrian pole will run about $1,200 right now excluding installation.
  • In my jurisdiction, it is negotiated with the county. Our most recent installation had the county provide funding (thru their contract with GA Power) for cheaper HPS poles, and we paid the difference to upgrade to LED with nicer fixtures, but it depends on (government/street visibility/perceived need/etc)
  • Lithonia Lighting, a sub-brand under Acuity Brands, is the biggest local manufacturer that I deal with for poles.
$1,200? Thats all? I was thinking a lot more. I assume they are made out of metal? Thanks! Sent you a private message also. Don't want to bombard the thread with this.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 8:16 PM

Quote:
This is a fantastic location for a new development. Even just another 20+ story apartment (preferably condos!) would be a great addition to what is turning into a bustling part of town. The parking lot on Cypress across from Ecco is also an ideal location for another development.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 1:03 PM
BANNED

Atlanta Office Is So Red-Hot, CRE 'Is Pinching Itself To See If This Market Is Real'

Jarred Schenke, Bisnow Atlanta
https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...er-shock-86258

Two and a half months into 2018, Atlanta's office market continues to show momentum with companies gobbling up more than 840K SF since the calendars turned.

It is a strong start to a year that many real estate pros believe could be even better than 2017, when the market as a whole absorbed some 800K SF in 12 months, according to Colliers International. And it is a reversal of fortune from what happened during the first quarter of 2017, when Atlanta office landlords actually saw companies give up 81K SF of space, according to Savills Studley.

“Atlanta's real estate industry is pinching itself to see if this market is real,” Cushman & Wakefield Executive Director Ken Ashley said in an email. “Velocity in Atlanta's office market is at a torrid pace. There is robust demand for space by companies of all sizes and from a variety of industries. Expansions are as common as millennials noshing on avocado toast.”

“We're seeing a lot of activity this first half of the year for sure,” Colliers International Atlanta CEO Bob Mathews said. “I think there's just a general [sense] that companies are expanding, they're growing. There are some new companies out there that have come into the market. And we're competing on a couple of nice-sized deals.”

Among the bigger deals in the market so far this year include the headquarters for Colonial Pipeline; law firms Smith, Gambrell & Russell and Jones Day; telecom giant T-Mobile; insurance giant AIG; tire maker Goodyear, which is eyeing Atlanta for an operations support center; and coffee giant Starbucks, which is reportedly eyeing adding a large office in Metro Atlanta.

“Atlanta’s large pool of diverse tech talent and lower cost of living continues to drive growth, with a number of technology and consumer product firms, including Pandora and Goodyear, currently scouting the city to expand their presence significantly,” JLL Executive Vice President Adam Viente wrote in an email.

In one recent deal, Primrose Schools inked a lease for more than 35K SF at the Towers at Wildwood Plaza, a more than 700K SF office tower in the Cumberland/Galleria submarket. The deal doubles the school's headquarters size. The school system is moving into space that was formerly occupied by Coca-Cola, which, ironically enough, consolidated into the city.

After some soul searching, and talks with longtime staffers, Primrose CEO Jo Kirchner said the company elected to move the day care operator's headquarters from Acworth — where it has been for the better part of a decade — to Wildwood Office Park, some 20 miles south, and only a short hop along Interstate 75 to the heart of the city.

For Primrose, the move closer to the heart of Atlanta was as much about expanding office space as it was about recruiting talent. “Technology and marketing are the two areas where we are really going to be expanding staff, and [those workers] live in the city,” Kirchner said. “We are recruiting nationwide as well. In some of those positions, people wanted to live closer to the city.”

Atlanta Office Is So Red-Hot, CRE 'Is Pinching Itself To See If This Market Is Real'

The level of leasing success in Atlanta has come with a price, at least for tenants. Landlords are still celebrating with rising rent growth that is giving some tenants sticker shock, Mathews said.

Some companies could be in buildings where, the last time they leased space, rents were in the $20/SF range. Today, some buildings — especially those in submarkets like Midtown, Buckhead and even Central Perimeter — are seeing rents exceed $30/SF, Mathews said.

“[Some companies] understand they can't rent at $25/SF,” he said. “And I think rents will stay steady, if not rise a little bit this year.”

It is not just rents that are rising. The value of tenant improvement allowances is giving tenants less than what it may have provided for in years past thanks to rising construction costs, CBRE Senior Vice President Dale Lewis said.

“$50[per SF in TI] just doesn't go that far anymore,” Lewis said.

That is making some established companies, especially those that may not be expanding, decide to stay where they are instead of moving. But if a company needs to grow, then they will confront the new reality of higher prices, he said.

In real estate parlance, that is known as a landlord's market. Lewis said the tightening office market is not ending anytime soon, which will continue to give landlords the edge on rents.

“I think this one's very sustainable,” he said.

Ashley said many companies also are flocking to the higher-priced submarkets within the city over the war for talent.

“Many younger employees want to be located in areas that have chef-driven food options, original retail and office buildings made of authentic materials,” he said. “New Urbanism is all the rage. Today's reality is you can live, work, play and be shot as an extra in a movie. All on foot.”

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations