HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jan 17, 2015, 3:52 PM

Any updates on the Frost Bank Tower?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2015, 8:17 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman2800 View Post
Any updates on the Frost Bank Tower?
Nope. Just what's known about the Weston Urban proposal and the city deciding between it and another proposal. If Weston is chosen, there is a clear timeline of things as presented in there proposal.

P.S.

As I stated in the other thread, if any development has an update, it will get posted by myself or another poster. There's no need to ask if there is any update in every thread. Any new information will be posted relatively quickly. We're not sitting on new info for poops and giggles.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 6:03 AM

Can't blame him for being impatient, but I get your point.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 7:44 PM

Thanks for the info....I'm not being impatient...just trying to get new info.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2015, 4:08 AM

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to see this project happen, but I have the feeling the city will do whatever they can to fumble this and mess it up. Didn't they say they could make a decision 45 days after the proposal was submitted? Seems like they are taking their time. Really exciting projects here seem to die easily(streetcar, joske tower). I'm sure if it was a Walmart or tract homes in the suburbs it would be halfway built by now. Not saying I don't want this to work out, just saying that I'm not getting my hopes up.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2015, 5:05 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNF View Post
Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to see this project happen, but I have the feeling the city will do whatever they can to fumble this and mess it up. Didn't they say they could make a decision 45 days after the proposal was submitted? Seems like they are taking their time. Really exciting projects here seem to die easily(streetcar, joske tower). I'm sure if it was a Walmart or tract homes in the suburbs it would be halfway built by now. Not saying I don't want this to work out, just saying that I'm not getting my hopes up.
The Joske Tower had its own issues. I know where you're coming from on the amount of time it's taking for this, but any developer, the City or not is going to make the decision that's right for them. If that means taking additional time to redevelop their plan, then that's what it will take. The exciting projects that seem to die do so because they aren't feasible. It happens everywhere. I'd much rather have a project delayed by three of four years if that means that it will be done right, for the right price and benefit each party involved.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2015, 7:32 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNF View Post
I read this and all I can say is calm down. There's nothing the city could do to mess this up.

The tower isn't really dependant on this partnership. Frost wants a new HQ regardless. Weston Urban proposed this partnership to maximize development in the area.

The city is working on a time line that it now has to honor because of the last second proposal submitted.

No need to be concerned or to be pessimistic.

Also, you can't list the streetcar and Joske but ignore everything the city has done in the last couple of years including Tobin Center, Convention Center, HEB HQ, San Pedro Creek.

Two projects with two completely didn't reasons for not happening doesn't change the fact that the city gets done way more stuff than they don't.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2015, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
I read this and all I can say is calm down. There's nothing the city could do to mess this up.

The tower isn't really dependant on this partnership. Frost wants a new HQ regardless. Weston Urban proposed this partnership to maximize development in the area.

The city is working on a time line that it now has to honor because of the last second proposal submitted.

Also, you can't list the streetcar and Joske but ignore everything the city has done in the last couple of years including Tobin Center, Convention Center, HEB HQ, San Pedro Creek.

Two projects with two completely didn't reasons for not happening doesn't change the fact that the city gets done way more stuff than they don't.

I couldn't agree with you more! Pessimism will get you no where. Things will happen in their appropriate time.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post

It would have been nice if Weston Urban had included CPS new headquarters with the new Frost Bank tower....now that would have been some great development in downtown!!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
It would have been nice if Weston Urban had included CPS new headquarters with the new Frost Bank tower....now that would have been some great development in downtown!!
Perhaps Weston is among the 20 or so proposals CPS has fielded on this. We'll just have to wait and see.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless 1 View Post
Perhaps Weston is among the 20 or so proposals CPS has fielded on this. We'll just have to wait and see.
That's exactly what i was thinking. But you're right, we'll have to wait and see.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 5:41 PM

Very Much Alive

A friend of mine spoke to a high ranking official at the bank, who is a client, and he was told that the tower proposal is very much a "go".
So, let's hope this whole thing comes to fruition!!!!

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 11:55 PM
San Antonio, TX

yawn I want renders.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2015, 10:58 PM

Question......Does anyone know why Emporis is listing the Frost Bank tower at 653 ft and 50 stories?

Old Posted Feb 22, 2015, 11:19 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Question......Does anyone know why Emporis is listing the Frost Bank tower at 653 ft and 50 stories?
I wouldn't put any thought into that listing. Emporis is wrong quite a bit of the time.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2015, 3:48 PM

Speaking of Emporis

Quote:
I like the little fun fact on the Weston Centre page:

"Weston Centre is the 2nd tallest building in San Antonio, and 3rd tallest structure in downtown and the tallest office building. There aren't many cities that have a situation like this."

Indeed.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2015, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
I wouldn't put any thought into that listing. Emporis is wrong quite a bit of the time.
Cool, thanks. For a minute there, I thought SA was finally going to have an office tower over 600 ft.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2015, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Cool, thanks. For a minute there, I thought SA was finally going to have an office tower over 600 ft.
We can always hope they are correct this time.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2015, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless 1 View Post
We can always hope they are correct this time.
Let's hope so.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 4:50 PM

Has this been cancelled?
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio